• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Glutonny is definitely hard carrying the penguins.
Wait a minute, Gluto is French. So was Napoleon Bonaparte. There is a penguin Pokemon inspired by Napoleon called Empoleon.
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
talking about smash? in the ultimate social thread?

I could never! Who are you people

Iridium

Smash Hero
Best skit of 2019 here.

...and this is my 6,000th post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have gone to great lengths to study Olimar's deep philosophical beliefs.

At first, I believe his collective formation of Pikmin and ability to survive in the lawless wild strongly signaled his roots as an Anarcho-Communist with an authoritarian bend. He collectivizes each Pikmin.

However, I realized that he categorized them by race, leading me to believe he is fact a fascist, or developed into one during his stay on various planets. His once wide-eyed community inspired idealism slowly descended into deranged race realism and forced segregation as he collectivized each group of Pikmin.

We can see this represented most prominently through his greatest main - Shuton - who gleefully tosses yellow pikmin off the wayside. This represents Olimar's sheer will to exterminate those who he feels have wronged him by not following his strict, regimented order.

We can also see various allusions to dictators in his costume design that hearkens back to the militant North Korean government (namely Kim-Jong-il), and his hand gestures that vaguely resemble Nazi symbolism. His whistle, however, is a symbol of how he forces his citizen Pikmin to conform to his Iron Will.

It took me time to understand him, but I believe he takes both Communist and ethno-nationalist roots in order to form a new, dangerous authoritarian structure-style that demands conformity and judges you based on your birth. He is extremely dangerous and has already begun to raise a new generation - see Alph.

I believe there is hope. He is helpless without his Pikmin - a species he has so gleefully subjugated after being left to his own devices in the wild.

If we can free them, we can stop one of history's greatest monsters.
We will name this horrid thing "Olimiarism"

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay this whole dumb skit was worth it for:

"Actually we want the Melee community too."
"...Eh."

D

Deleted member

Another question.
Is Bowser a communist dictator or a king?
Bowser claims royalty, but all of his enemies have the same jobs.
To kill Mario and his friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Wait you’re a mod now? The bar just gets lower and lower everyday huh?
I like to think that my pick-up lines were just simply irresistible! But in reality...

I assume that the mods wanted a bit more of an inclusive and diverse team, since they had all groups covered besides the "bumbling goofball" group, so I think they put me in for that

LOL :joyful:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I really wish I had something to talk about here since I don’t really follow the competitive scene that much.
Twins! Once people start pulling out terms like DI (directional input I think) I go blank....

but then when I get two or three-stocked all of a sudden I'm wondering why I'm doing so bad

LOL

D

Deleted member

Leo vs Solvent Sam is the last match I can catch before sleep. Let’s go penguins.

D

Deleted member

I really wish I had something to talk about here since I don’t really follow the competitive scene that much.
I do follow the scene a lot but I'm not watching Summit rn so I'm just enjoying the atnosphere here

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How 'bout we talk about me auditioning to play this guy?

That was surprisingly fun. I kept going off script to make jokes about Mai.

D

Deleted member

Do I have any idea who the penguins are? No. Do I support them anyway? Yes.
As written in The Art of Seeding Chapter 73, “From henceforth all Europeans shall be under seeded and rendered to as penguins, as is the will of some guys on discord”

Iridium

Smash Hero
Leo comes through with the cleanest 3 stock of the tourney. If he keeps that momentum to and throughout grand finals, this is definitely all his.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Another question.
Is Bowser a communist dictator or a king?
Bowser claims royalty, but all of his enemies have the same jobs.
To kill Mario and his friends.
Bowser is a capitalist overlord. He's already the CEO of NoA, and soon enough he'll be the CEO of the universe.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why are Europeans called penguins?
Genesis 6 had infamously poor seeding, and when the seeders were approached and asked about Glutonny's seeding in particular, one of them made a ridiculous comparison to defeating penguins in Antarctica to explain it, and the meme took off.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
In the next episode of "Americans should learn they're not the greatest Country in the world by a longshot":

Genesis 6 had infamously poor seeding, and when the seeders were approached and asked about Glutonny's seeding in particular, one of them made a ridiculous comparison to defeating penguins in Antarctica to explain it, and the meme took off.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm lowkey jealous of all you guys who get to be watching Smash Summit while I'm at work.

D

Deleted member

Wow, Gluto really got better near the end there. Think Leo has a clear path to victory now though, his defence and offence is insane. Also goodnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom