• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Pfft assuming that I'm not eloquent enough to write something like that

Because you'd be right that assumption is correct
You can barely even talk dirty to me right.

I don't trust you to talk political philosophy.

D

Deleted member

I'll never get why people hate Olimar lol.
Olimar actually feels super good in Ultimate to me, so I'm surprised to hear there's negativity about him. Has he been getting hate from tier list creators recently?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Olimar actually feels super good in Ultimate to me, so I'm surprised to hear there's negativity about him. Has he been getting hate from tier list creators recently?
Ever since Brawl there's been a very vocal part of the community who considers him "cancerous" to watch lol.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Samsora teaching us how to cook was the most important thing to happen this Summit.

D

Deleted member

Ever since Brawl there's been a very vocal part of the community who considers him "cancerous" to watch lol.
Lol what. Why? He ain't broken like Brawl MK or Smash 4 Bayo; he has pretty well balanced strengths and weaknesses.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, once a character hits top tier, everyone suddenly hates them. Keep in mind that in the early Smash 4 days, Olimar was considered bottom 5 until Dabuz pulled him out, and it was hype. Then when he started appearing more often in For Glory and in tourneys (and by that, I mean only 5 more Olimar mains appeared), suddenly, they went from hype to annoying, yet respectable. Now that they're top tier, so that they appear far more often, everyone hates him. But this isn't just an Olimar thing. Everyone hated the top tiers in Brawl, everyone hated them in Smash 4, no matter who they were, and everyone hates the current ones in Ult. The cycle repeats itself. As long as a character is top tier, expect a lot of hate.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Zero struggling to describe Coca Cola without naming it to avoid sponsorship issues, only for Leffen to literally have a can of Coke right next to him, is kinda symbolic.

Of what, I don't know. But it's symbolic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How many characters are truly hated in Smash Ultimate tho

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Zero struggling to describe Coca Cola without naming it to avoid sponsorship issues, only for Leffen to literally have a can of Coke right next to him, is kinda symbolic.

I like how the European just calls the drink cola (because cola is the name of the drink, not a brand, but Americans never seem to realise that)

Iridium

Smash Hero
An Olimar player who is part of the ongoing tournament.

Apperently he drinks cola with milk
A lot of smashers unironically seem to mix weird things together. I have seen Dabuz mix ramen with peanut butter and eggs on his stream at one point. Imagine that for a second.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
A lot of smashers unironically seem to mix weird things together. I have seen Dabuz mix ramen with peanut butter and eggs on his stream at one point. Imagine that for a second.
I unironically don't see why that's a weird combination

D

Deleted member

It symbolises how people like Zero try to avoid controversy and dance around certain issues while Leffen goes full on and isn’t afraid to speak his minds. The writers for this Summit have really stepped up their game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I unironically don't see why that's a weird combination
I unironically will forever be confused with the world. I also forgot he added chocolate instead of peanut butter, or was it both?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As someone who mained Wario from Brawl to Wii U, it makes me happy to see Wario look so good in Ultimate. Makes me miss playing the character, honestly; Wario has always been super fun to play as!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom