• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Samsora stops VoiD from getting a reverse 3-0 at Summit, and I am conflicted. Hoping Dabuz does not fall too early either.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So I made a tierlist based on what I heard about all the characters and need feedback
N9RZTBx_d.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nerf him for the love of god nerf him!!!!

He keeps beating my *** during my cpu lvl 9 matches!!!
That’s on you for losing to him, as nothing about the Doc is worth nerfing
View attachment 197402
Here's Zero's tier list for the 4 of you who havent seen it yet

It's all ordered in-tier btw
Pit isn’t high enough in the mid tier squad...and there’s too many characters in that one section

Also...can’t wait for Sakurai to make this tier list worthless for the Scarf Warrior

Iridium

Smash Hero
Someone should clip this interaction between Cosmos and Dabuz. Nobody seems to know what is happening.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I have no intention of maining Wario but I'm glad he's getting results and is considered top tier

Are there any characters you don't main but like seeing do well?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Who remembers Smash World Forums? Gosh. It's amazing knowing Smashboards has been around that long.
My browser's bookmark is still listed as "SWF", fun fact. I've never bothered to change it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Apparently we're never getting Pikmin 3, guys. :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have no intention of maining Wario but I'm glad he's getting results and is considered top tier

Are there any characters you don't main but like seeing do well?
:ultdaisy: when any of these Peach players acknowledge her existence.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
View attachment 197402
Here's Zero's tier list for the 4 of you who havent seen it yet

It's all ordered in-tier btw
I tried to watch his videos on this and I wasn't impressed by this. I get some of his choices especially as you climb higher in the list, but some I feel he talks in circles about one trait and barely expands on others, some are a little misinformed (which I can't fault him too much as we have 70+ characters, but still), and some I will admit I just found the placings strange for how he described the character and/or how the character is developing. In general I felt I got more out of someone like Dabuz's list then I did Zero's since even if I disagreed I can see where he's coming from, Zero I was struggling to follow his logic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll never get why people hate Olimar lol.

D

Deleted member

I have gone to great lengths to study Olimar's deep philosophical beliefs.

At first, I believe his collective formation of Pikmin and ability to survive in the lawless wild strongly signaled his roots as an Anarcho-Communist with an authoritarian bend. He collectivizes each Pikmin.

However, I realized that he categorized them by race, leading me to believe he is fact a fascist, or developed into one during his stay on various planets. His once wide-eyed community inspired idealism slowly descended into deranged race realism and forced segregation as he collectivized each group of Pikmin.

We can see this represented most prominently through his greatest main - Shuton - who gleefully tosses yellow pikmin off the wayside. This represents Olimar's sheer will to exterminate those who he feels have wronged him by not following his strict, regimented order.

We can also see various allusions to dictators in his costume design that hearkens back to the militant North Korean government (namely Kim-Jong-il), and his hand gestures that vaguely resemble Nazi symbolism. His whistle, however, is a symbol of how he forces his citizen Pikmin to conform to his Iron Will.

It took me time to understand him, but I believe he takes both Communist and ethno-nationalist roots in order to form a new, dangerous authoritarian structure-style that demands conformity and judges you based on your birth. He is extremely dangerous and has already begun to raise a new generation - see Alph.

I believe there is hope. He is helpless without his Pikmin - a species he has so gleefully subjugated after being left to his own devices in the wild.

If we can free them, we can stop one of history's greatest monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Dabuz and Shuton are the main reasons why I actually like Olimar. Glad to still see him in the tourney. That, and he is fun when played.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At first, I believe his collective formation of Pikmin and ability to survive in the lawless wild strongly signaled his roots as an Anarcho-Communist with an authoritarian bend. He collectivizes each Pikmin.

However, I realized that he categorized them by race, leading me to believe he is fact a fascist, or developed into one during his stay on various planets. His once wide-eyed community inspired idealism slowly descended into deranged race realism and forced segregation as he collectivized each group of Pikmin.

We can see this represented most prominently through his greatest main - Shuton - who gleefully tosses yellow pikmin off the wayside. This represents Olimar's sheer will to exterminate those who he feels have wronged him by not following his strict, regimented order.

We can also see various allusions to dictators in his costume design that hearkens back to the militant North Korean government (namely Kim-Jong-il), and his hand gestures that vaguely resemble Nazi symbolism. His whistle, however, is a symbol of how he forces his citizen Pikmin to conform to his Iron Will.

It took me time to understand him, but I believe he takes both Communist and ethno-nationalist roots in order to form a new, dangerous authoritarian structure-style that demands conformity and judges you based on your birth. He is extremely dangerous and has already begun to raise a new generation - see Alph.

I believe there is hope. He is helpless without his Pikmin - a species he has so gleefully subjugated after being left to his own devices in the wild.

You can end Olimar’s reign by getting the bad ending of Pikmin 1, where he dies and gets turned into a Pikmin trapped on the floor of the planet.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Did you seriously just write all of that off the top of your head?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Zackray has a really good shot at beating Glutonny. He already has Wario experience through himself, so he should know what to do.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I think it's partly a visual thing: he's not a very flashy character, with most of his moves just looking like variations on chucking Pikmin, so he seems 'anti-hype' if you don't know the character. The unique aspect of Olimar is micromanaging the Pikmin order, but I think that's underappreciated by a lot of people and perhaps doesn't translate into much of a visual spectacle.

Gimping someone with a Purple side b is hype though, and I'll die on that hill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom