• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Random question: Do you refrain from using your most wanted character as your avatar so you don’t look biased when trying to argue about that character’s chances?

I ask this as I just switched to an unamused Banjo pic lol.
The second I start seriously arguing for Breloom in Smash, I give permission to anybody with a gun to kill me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Random question: Do you refrain from using your most wanted character as your avatar so you don’t look biased when trying to argue about that character’s chances?

Considering the amount of crap I give Isaac and AssistAlliance, I think changing my pfp to Isaac would be sending mixed signals.

Edit: I could change it to Paper Mario though, without sending a mixed message. He's my second most wanted though.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion

No. I'll scream about Lycanroc into your skulls until the day I die. :EvilBub:

But in all seriousness, not really. What usually counts is the points you bring and what you say that give an impression if your bias or not, the avatar usually comes later as a sort of reminder. But if you start thinking "BIAS REEEE! IGNORE!" just by looking at their avatar before you read what they actually say, then you shouldn't be discussing with them about said character, because I've seen many times that not everyone who likes a character think they're getting in.

You don't need to see someone's avatar to tell if they have a preference for certain characters and how they how much of that preference they show. You can easily tell by what and where they post, and that's what most people here usually base their opinions for everyone on here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, here is Quickplay Smash Stereotypes 3

Marth/Lucina/Chrom/Roy: guys look i can short hop aerial

Falco: Sorry, but you shouldn't be allowed to play the game that you paid $60 for.

King Dedede: Makes sure the gordos will always somehow hit you.

Squirtle: guys check out my really cool side-b its an invincible move u cant hurt it!
Bro like half your posts since the game came out have been quickplay salt posts lol

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What would you have in mind for :ultlucina: having a new Final Smash
I'd like for them to have a Shulk or Mega Man type FS where a lot of the Awakening Child Characters showing up to deal a final blow but that might be asking to much. If it is a multi hitting attack like Sheiks would do.

D

Deleted member

I came across my old Smash Ultimate Character Interest list I made back in December, and I'm honestly pretty surprised at how different my favorite characters list is now compared to then. I was pretty positive I knew who I was and wasn't going to like. However, now that the game's been out for 3 months and I've given some of these characters more time, my opinions and taste have changed pretty drastically:

Tier 1: My favorites on the roster, all are contenders for mains.
Tier 2: Favorites that are mostly contenders for secondaries, but a few of the higher up ones could be ideas for mains if they surprise me.
Tier 3: Ideas for secondaries and characters I don't really have an opinion on ATM and need to try them.
Tier 4: Characters I don't really have any interest in ever learning, but will mess around with for fun.
Tier 5: Characters aren't my cup of tea to play as in Smash.
Tier 6: Characters I dislike on the roster.

smashfavoriteslist.png

Bold and Brash = My top 10 favorites on the roster and who I focus on. (Both Inklings count as one spot.)
Good Boys and Girls = Characters I love to play as and am interested in learning more of.
Good for Funsies and Friendlies = Characters I rarely play or only play as to goof off in item matches.
How do you Work? = They just don't click with me, unfortunately.
lol idk = Haven't played as them yet or have played as them very little. Can't form an opinion.
Belongs in the Trash = Characters I dislike playing as, or just in general don't care for.

"Belongs in the Trash" is only there so I could get in a Spongebob reference. I have no issues with you if you like these characters, please don't hurt me.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone here seen Captain Marvel? And if so,how was it?
Very good. I’d say it’s a movie that can appeal to everyone, honestly. It’s got good humor and you don’t have to have extreme knowledge of Marvel to understand it.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I really want to hate this, but I don't
If I had to make a constructive critique, I'd say her forehead looks pretty enlarged here, like a mix of Chucky and Vegeta (without the widow's peak though, obviously). If they tone down the size and bring the hair down with the changes, she'll look solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom