• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright, I need some serious feedback guys, so I'm gonna tag a lot of people (I apologize in advance):
staindgrey staindgrey @Idon @ShinyLegendary @ShotoStar @Rhadamanthus @Moydow 「Hinata」 @AnyoneElseWhoCanHelpMe
I've been considering picking up a lighter character or 2 on top of my heavy mains (:ultridley::ultbowser:) to help cover some of their weaknesses.
I have been considering :ultpalutena::ultwolf::ultzelda: in the past, but I'm not 100% confident in my ability to play them optimally.
And there's :ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultrosalina: who I've picked up more recently, but I'm still unsure about them.

What do you guys think of some (or all) of the 6 characters I've mentioned here? And if you have played (or seen) me use one of these characters, what do think of my abilities w/ the character so far?

Thanks in advance guys. I really appreciate the feedback I may (or may not) get w/ this.
Let me give you advice.

Play what makes you feel comfortable.

:ultpichu:: Pichu is the most extreme case of a glass cannon. Pichu has a good recovery and can kill pretty easily, but Pichu can die at like 15% to a charged forward smash attack. I never really faced your Pichu in battle, so I do not know how I feel. Good character.

:ultwolf:: Probably your best out of the six you mentioned. Wolf is super good in the meta. A strong Sheik with a busted blaster. You know how to utilize Blaster really well, and you have a quick reaction time with the character.

:ultrosalina:: Solid character, despite the nerfs. Her nair is actually similar to Palutena's and Ike's. You play decently with her. Does decent against heavies too, so that is a plus. I have rarely seen you play this character, so I do not know.

:ultpalutena:: You are good with this character, despite the fact I have not seen you play this character that much. You can do decent Palutena shenanigans. Can you abuse her up b and then quickly execute a move? Use nair a lot too. Up air is a good juggling move.

:ultmewtwo:: I never seen you play this character ever, so I do not know. Mewtwo is the same from Smash 4, except its down b is more consistent.

:ultzelda:: Like most of them, I have not seen you use this character that much. You can do service with this character, though. You seem like you would be good with this character. Zelda is far stronger compared to her previous iterations, so that is a plus. If I think Zelda is deadly and fun, you probably think that too.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, as the saying goes, so I sent in my app.

...By the way, has anyone ever thought about how that saying makes no sense, logically? How can you miss a shot if you don't ever take the shot to begin with? Sure, you won't HIT anything, but you won't miss either.
I guess it’s implying that you’ll still miss the chance to take those shots, since you decided not to take them.

So for me, it has a slightly different meaning than physically missing the shot.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean its all really odd honestly...

Why not the classic shoes, why not Nike's that look like Sonic shoes?

Why not athletic gloves?

Why blue arms (When I was small I thought blue arms would be better as an adult I see that was a legit mistake)
Wait, why? What's wrong with the blue arms?

I actually like it. It's a realistic Sonic design. The problem is that people don't want a realistic Sonic.

Pakky

Smash Hero

I actually like it. It's a realistic Sonic design. The problem is that people don't want a realistic Sonic.
Blue arms make him look way too monochromatic its like if Waluigi wore purple overalls, its just doesn't work very well.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And yet you play FE which is basically the same thing

Bested again Staind
(i wish i knew your irl name so i can make fun of it like gwen tbh)
Grey's actually my middle name and more and more people are starting to refer to me by that.

I actually really like it.

D

Deleted member

come back to me when you feel the pain of LPS being overshadowed by MLP for years
seriously do you know how ****ing hard it is being an LPS fan
I barely watched MLP years ago, and judging from LPS, I already know that MLP is far better than LPS.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
come back to me when you feel the pain of LPS being overshadowed by MLP for years
seriously do you know how ****ing hard it is being an LPS fan
They targeted LPS fans.

LPS fans.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright the votes are in... by a vote of 6-2-1...

SOBBLE WINS! Congrats! Second is Dyllybirdy and third is GothFluttershy

But wait, there's another reward

The fan favorite is... KINGPEN!

Stats coming soon!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I feel like technically what Raf Grassetti did lends into a better “realistic” Sonic, like having the quills/fur on the top of the arms and skin underneath, annnd the quill/fur distribution is better handled here:

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Pakky

Smash Hero
I feel like technically what Raf Grassetti did lends into a better “realistic” Sonic, like having the quills/fur on the top of the arms and skin underneath, annnd the distribution is better handled here:
That man is a genius, so many good choices on his part with a multitude of guys.

2 words: Product Placement
Misguided version of that, because a Nike version of Sonic's shoes could be sold as legit limited edition products that people would buy

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like technically what Raf Grassetti did lends into a better “realistic” Sonic, like having the quills/fur on the top of the arms and skin underneath, annnd the distribution is better handled here:
That's defiantly better. takes a few extra steps. If anything it shows that SEGA forced them to hold back too much.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They targeted LPS fans.

LPS fans.
I actually don't know what LPS stands for.

And since I don't understand it I must now blindly lash out at it because it requires me to expand my worldview and we can't have that.

D

Deleted member

I actually don't know what LPS stands for.

And since I don't understand it I must now blindly lash out at it because it requires me to expand my worldview and we can't have that.
Littlest Pet Shop, a kid's cartoon/toy line about an arrogant af purple dog

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anywho, while I'm really not a fan of the Three Houses boxart, I'm loving the songs they put out as samples.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I need some serious feedback guys, so I'm gonna tag a lot of people (I apologize in advance):
staindgrey staindgrey @Idon @ShinyLegendary @ShotoStar @Rhadamanthus @Moydow 「Hinata」 @AnyoneElseWhoCanHelpMe
I've been considering picking up a lighter character or 2 on top of my heavy mains (:ultridley::ultbowser:) to help cover some of their weaknesses.
I have been considering :ultpalutena::ultwolf::ultzelda: in the past, but I'm not 100% confident in my ability to play them optimally.
And there's :ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultrosalina: who I've picked up more recently, but I'm still unsure about them.

What do you guys think of some (or all) of the 6 characters I've mentioned here? And if you have played (or seen) me use one of these characters, what do think of my abilities w/ the character so far?

Thanks in advance guys. I really appreciate the feedback I may (or may not) get w/ this.
Suuuuuper late so I apologize for that I was very busy until now but here are my thoughts on those characters.

Palutena: She's good and I think she's very balanced but I personally would not consider her top tier not because she's bad (She's actually very good) but because there are better characters out there. She has some decent follow ups, She's fast and she has some kill options but again I think there's simply better characters out there.

Wolf: I think Wolf is very good he has some mix ups, kill moves, combos and is pretty fast so I would consider him top tier as he doesn't have very many glaring flaws and his MU's are very balanced. His only flaw from my knowledge is his Recovery which if you play smart isn't a very huge deal. So yeah I would say that he's top tier. Both your Palutena and Wolf are very good from my experience.

Zelda: Yeah She's also pretty good but I wouldn't consider her top or high tier she has some very good options and has some Kill Moves but from my knowledge she has very little combos nor moves that really flow into each other but other than that her recovery is very good and her other things are pretty good too. I would consider her high-mid tier.

Pichu: Pichu is a very good character and I would consider them high-tier, Pichu has some good combos, Kill moves and his speed is incredible. He's basically a better Pikachu and Pika is already very good they both have two Spikes, Good Combos, Pretty great Speed, Kill Moves and they both have projectiles which I would consider a plus as you can throw out a projectile if you feel unsafe during a match, except Pichu has better Speed and combos.

Mewtwo: I don't really have any knowledge about Mewtwo so I can't really say one way or the other Sorry about that.

Rosalina: I wouldn't really consider Rosalina a good character, A Good player could very well do okay with Rosa but Rosalina was nerfed from Smash 4 with the new flow of Ultimate not really allowing Rosa to have the combos she used to and without that she doesn't really have anything outstanding about her. I can't really suggest for you to use Rosa as I think she's low tier.

Again Sorry about being so late

D

Deleted member

Still need loads more characters and events
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight), Tinky Winky (The Purple Telletubby), and I(that ******** Freddi Fish supporter). Don't think you forgot or didn't see, but I'm only doing this again just in case. because I really want to be in this giant meme.

Events:
(Player 1) Whipped and Nae Naed so hard (Player 2) Saw this and cringed SOO hard they immediately died.
(Player 1) Whipped and Nae Naed so hard (Player 2) Saw this and immediately threw a knife at them, immediately killing (Player 1).
(Player 1) said "At least it can't get worst" then dies from a surprise bear attack.
(Player 1) is secretly a government Lizard.
(Player 1) Is secretly a government Robot.

There, are those any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom