• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Name's are set.

Tribe 1: Yoshi's Lunch

Tribe 2: Mystery Shack

There's gonna be a delay due to real life necessities so hang tight! I'll be back soon!

D

Deleted member

...Y'know, something's been bugging me lately:

Why is Kirby considered bad in Ultimate? Same question for Isabelle too.

They honestly don't feel that bad to me whenever I try to lab them, but tier lists everywhere put them last the bottom of the barrel. Is it just one of those situations where they have stuff that's good on paper, but horrible when put in practice?

D

Deleted member

They honestly don't feel that bad to me whenever I try to lab them, but tier lists everywhere put them last the bottom of the barrel. Is it just one of those situations where they have stuff that's good on paper, but horrible when put in practice?
Kirby is simply way too slow, movement and frame data wise, and he doesn't do enough damage for all the up tilt shenanigans he can pull., and unless you're going up against Shulk Inhale isn't a trump card like it was designed to be. I haven't actually touched Isabelle outside Classic and Infinite AT shenanigans so I'm not knowledgable enough to comment on her.

D

Deleted member

LOL YOU ACTUALLY DID BREADBEAR
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @SnakeFighter64 Zinith Zinith SneakyLink SneakyLink @faygoshill @Dyllybirdy @Iridium Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Mythra Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas @NotAPro Bro Just a penguin Just a penguin @Taylor F @Opossum

You all wanted it, here it is:

View attachment 196918View attachment 196919

Are you ready to party, Mr. Krabs?

(Didn't include a certain user many of us around here have on ignore, simply because I wasn't sure it'd be allowed, or if it'd be in good taste, so I simply included King Dedede again. I also apologize if any names I got wrong.)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Because "Sakurai bias" allegations have caught up to Sakurai and wants to overcompensate :yoshi:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

I can explain Isabelle. She has literally no neutral. Really, she has no approach options. Her grab is unreliable, her smash attacks are either weak or too short range, her specials are mediocre to bad, and her jab

oh God her jab

But with Kirby, I think he's kind of a sleeper pick. Like, he's not peach or lucina but I think he's good. F throw combos into fair until like 60. He has really good combo potential with down air, up tilt, and nair. Dash attack kills as of 2.0.0. Honestly he's not too bad, I think he's just underused

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Came back from Captain Marvel, I really loved the movie!

I will give my thoughts on it.
Great movie!
Beginning was quite interesting, you got the Kree and this Coruscant looking place.
Captain Marvel is quite a strong character.
Nick Fury and Coulson being lovable as ever.
THE CAT THE CAT THE CAT
THE FUNNIEST SCENE IS WHERE THE CAT SWALLOWS THE GUARDS AND CASUALLY MEOWS
Is it's name Goose? That is a good name.
Nick Fury lost his eyeball because of Goose scratching his eye? And he is fine about that?
Those blue leader guys, the one with the hammer... They were from Guardians of the Galaxy. Was the one with the hammer the one that tried to challenge the Guardians of the Galaxy to the duel with the purple tesseract?
How she got her powers were neat.
The pilot friend, the Creen or Crunm ( Forgot their name ) green aliens or something like that were neat, and the other characters.
I am glad the Kree crew lost, they felt ehh.
The guy with the light swords appears in Guardians of the Galaxy I believe.
Captain Marvel arrives to the scene! I wonder what Endgame is going to be like.
The cat spits out the tesseract on Fury's desk, nice.
Overall, really good movie!

D

Deleted member

Kirby is simply way too slow, movement and frame data wise, and he doesn't do enough damage for all the up tilt shenanigans he can pull., and unless you're going up against Shulk Inhale isn't a trump card like it was designed to be. I haven't actually touched Isabelle outside Classic and Infinite AT shenanigans so I'm not knowledgable enough to comment on her.
Hmm...Yeah, that's fair. Now that you mention it, he is pretty slow in a game where everyone is pretty fast. Kind of feels like a worse Jigglypuff in some ways. What kind of buffs do you think he'd need most to help make him more viable?

D

Deleted member

Great movie!
Beginning was quite interesting, you got the Kree and this Coruscant looking place.
THE CAT THE CAT THE CAT
Nick Fury lost his eyeball because of Goose scratching his eye? And he is fine about that?
Those blue leader guys, the one with the hammer... They were from Guardians of the Galaxy. Was the one with the hammer the one that tried to challenge the Guardians of the Galaxy to the duel with the purple tesseract?
The pilot friend, the Creen or Crunm ( Forgot their name ) green aliens or something like that were neat, and the other characters.
Yes, his name is Goose, and yes, he is amazing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Great movie!
THE CAT THE CAT THE CAT
I just came back from it too, and I can confirm that Goose is the best thing to ever exist.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 10.15.22 PM.png

Now the greatest challenge of all!

Figuring out how to start it.

Also Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas I know I said I would change the George Mcfly pic, but all the images I wanted to use didn't work so I had to use nerdy adult George. Sorry.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Name's are set.

Tribe 1: Yoshi's Lunch

Tribe 2: Mystery Shack

There's gonna be a delay due to real life necessities so hang tight! I'll be back soon!
All of this Hunger Games and Survivor shenanigans got me messing around with the Hunger Games Simulator site. Anybody know how to add custom characters and not just the defaults from TV shows?

D

Deleted member

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @SnakeFighter64 Zinith Zinith SneakyLink SneakyLink @faygoshill @Dyllybirdy @Iridium Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Mythra Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas @NotAPro Bro Just a penguin Just a penguin @Taylor F @Opossum

You all wanted it, here it is:

View attachment 196918View attachment 196919

Are you ready to party, Mr. Krabs?

(Didn't include a certain user many of us around here have on ignore, simply because I wasn't sure it'd be allowed, or if it'd be in good taste, so I simply included King Dedede again. I also apologize if any names I got wrong.)
Wait, where am I?
Are these new people? Either way, this looks like a neat roster. My guess is that Robe won.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can explain Isabelle. She has literally no neutral. Really, she has no approach options. Her grab is unreliable, her smash attacks are either weak or too short range, her specials are mediocre to bad, and her jab

oh God her jab

But with Kirby, I think he's kind of a sleeper pick. Like, he's not peach or lucina but I think he's good. F throw combos into fair until like 60. He has really good combo potential with down air, up tilt, and nair. Dash attack kills as of 2.0.0. Honestly he's not too bad, I think he's just underused
At least Isabelle has her Fair and Bair for neutral. It makes her a bit of a poor man's Villager but at least she can zone.

Kirby in neutral has slow-ish frame data, poor range, average ground mobility and atrocious air speed. A good neutral that does not make.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In trying to figure out how to start it, I accidentally reset the roster!

This is gonna be tough... maybe I'll use one of the premade versions instead of a completely custom Survivor...

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Hmm...Yeah, that's fair. Now that you mention it, he is pretty slow in a game where everyone is pretty fast. Kind of feels like a worse Jigglypuff in some ways. What kind of buffs do you think he'd need most to help make him more viable?
I know you asked faygo but Kirby is one of my best characters so I feel inclined to speak on him. Kirby's moves are pretty good besides his specials, but there isn't much you can do about those. What he needs is a WAY faster up air and better overall ground speed. Honestly though, his kit is pretty good as is. Fair is safe on shield as it provides enough shieldstun for you to retreat away from it, and run up down tilt with kirby is SO good

D

Deleted member

And now, The Summary

Shantae repeatedly stabs Tobin to death with sais.
Zinith strangles Spider-Ham with a rope.

Day 1
King Dedede
sets an explosive off, killing staindgrey.
MatPat cannot handle the circumstances and commits suicide.

Night 1
Nickelodeon's Pickboy
shoots an arrow at Sobble, but misses and kills Incineroar instead.
Taylor F, Segata Sanshiro, Dwight Fairfield, and Zinith track down and kill Daniel Radcliffe.

Day 2
NotaProBro
accidently steps on a landmine.

Night 2
Zinith
strangles NateVO after engaging in a fist fight.
Shantae, King Dedede, Segata Sanshiro, and Jontron track down and kill Not Shane.

Day 3
Jontron
catches Tom Delonge off guard and kills him.
Scatman John bashes Segata Sanshiro's head against a rock several times.

Night 3
Nickelodeon's Pickboy
, Fat Yoshi, and faygoshill get into a fight. Nickelodeon's Pickboy triumphantly kills them both.

Day 4
Agitha
accidently detonates a land mine while trying to arm it.

Night 4
Just a Penguin
strangles Dwight Fairfield after engaging in a fist fight.
Scatman John strangles Good Guy Giygas with a rope.
Phill Swift and A Korok threaten a double suicide. It fails and they die.
Freddi Fish and Mythra fight Indium and Jontron. Freddi Fish and Mythra survive.

Day 5
Freddi Fish
dies from an infection.

Night 5
Nickelodeon's Pickboy
forces King Dedede to kill Breadbear or Sobble. He decides to kill Sobble.

Day 6
Robespierre
stabs Scatman John while his back is turned.
Mythra dies from hunger.

Night 6
Taylor F
, Just a Penguin, and Robespierre successfully ambush and kill Zinith, Nickelodeon's Pickboy, and Breadbear.
King Dedede poisons Smashing Ramen's drink, but mistakes it for his own and dies.

The Feast
Just a Penguin
, Shantae, and Taylor F get into a fight. Just a Penguin triumphantly kills them both.
Smashing Ramen and Mr. Window threaten a double suicide. It fails and they die.

Day 7
No deaths occurred.

Night 7
No deaths occurred.

Day 8
Just a Penguin
severely slices Robespierre with a sword.

Night 8
Reggie
unknowingly eats toxic berries.
Just a Penguin strangles Dyllybirdy after engaging in a fist fight.
The winner is Just a Penguin from District 10!

I hope you all enjoyed Round 2! I don't plan on doing another one of these again any time soon. They take up a lot of time. Plus, doing 'em too often causes them to grow stale after a little while. These sims are a blast to do, but they're much better in moderation, y'know?
Congratulations Just a penguin Just a penguin !
Kolo.jpg

Tomorrow, I want to be included, except with the hot Joker avatar I sent you yesterday. I missed it because I watched CM, but it sounded fun!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
In trying to figure out how to start it, I accidentally reset the roster!

This is gonna be tough... maybe I'll use one of the premade versions instead of a completely custom Survivor...
Sorry for your loss...

Wait so do you just rename all the Hunger Games players and add custom images?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom