• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly the premium blue kinda helped me decide.

2/4 clearly had the most people liking them and I figured I could save Jill+Nemesis for the inevitable RE3make hype. For now, Trainer Azura was the best.

Though Gentlepanda Gentlepanda 's favorite is definitely happening someday. It's too good not to.
Hey that's a lot of thought, usually I just go with "this is pretty now let me make it shinier". :colorful:

D

Deleted member

They both have equal moveset potential for me.

Honestly, I'm cool w/ Rex and Pyra making it into Smash. Personally, I was hoping that both them and Elma would make it into the base roster back in the day (obviously that didn't happen).

The only reasons why I support Elma more and think she's more likely is:

1. Xenoblade X is the only Xenoblade game I've actually played, so there's a bit of bias
2. Sakurai's statements regarding Rex specifically during thee November 1 Direct (regardless of whether you think it means anything, it's still somewhat weird that Sakurai even talked about Rex's chances on roster at all)
no yeah rex is dead af sakurai killed this man harder then jin

maybe for a hypothetical second pass he has a chance but until then its elma gang baby

honestly i just want a new xenoblade rep lmao you could give me tatsu and ill somehow make it work

Last edited by a moderator:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I just wish Rex wasn't the first in line for Xenoblade 2 characters. I'd prefer any of the other party members to him.
Elma's cool too, but X didn't click with me as much as 2 did.

Also Zeke in Smash would be like having Owain and that would be amazing.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
wow lame smh
Jk it looks cool. Who made the art?
Honestly I can't find the original artist. A reverse image search just gives me more and more people who shared it without a link to the artist.

I have no idea.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
no yeah rex is dead af sakurai killed this man harder then jin

maybe for a hypothetical second pass he has a chance but until then its elma gang baby

honestly i just want a new xenoblade rep lmao you could give me tatsu and ill somehow make it work
TATSU GETS COOKED

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The title says that we shouldn't talk about Smash, but in reality, the next Smash newcomer is so obvious, that it doesn't even need discussion.

ISN'T THAT RIGHT, LEON!?
Leon the Ultimate Smash Bros Character.png

I hope someone gets this joke.
View attachment 196232
Also, Moydow Moydow and PsySmasher PsySmasher I’m setting up arena now.
Decidueye is waiting offscreen, I see.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey that's a lot of thought, usually I just go with "this is pretty now let me make it shinier". :colorful:
For all my projecting that I don't care what people think, I actually care a lot about what people think.

My avatar's gotta be perfect when I pick it or I'm just gonna change it in a day.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
For all my projecting that I don't care what people think, I actually care a lot about what people think.

My avatar's gotta be perfect when I pick it or I'm just gonna change it in a day.
tbh i just assume that everyone sees me as my avatar at this point

D

Deleted member

I just wish Rex wasn't the first in line for Xenoblade 2 characters. I'd prefer any of the other party members to him.

If there's somehow an XC2 rep who's not Rex its gonna be Zeke

This mans Arts with the Big Bang Edge are literally a Smash Moveset

Stratospheric Thunder: Up-B
ULFS MAX: Chargable Down-B
Dynamic Spark Sword: Side-B
Overload Thunder Beam: Neutral-B

It's too perfect

it would aactually probably be solo aegis or nia but LET ME DREAM

D

Deleted member

I think Rex would be fine in my book. I imagined he and Pyra/Mythra would work like a interesting hybrid between :ulticeclimbers: and :ultpokemontrainer:. He’s not getting in though, as sad as it is.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
D

Deleted member

This may upset some, maybe it’s because I’m a bit more familiar with 2 than X but honestly Rex and Pyra/Mythra appeal to me more in terms of moveset potential than Elma.
I would love for both Elma and Rex, loved both of their games and have grat moveset potential. If Rex has a Blade swapping mechanic between Pyra, Mythra and Nia, I would be a happy man.
Design looks ok, but we know there are many good fakemons out there. Model looks a bit iffy with a lot of flat areas, but could be an early model. So, agree with the others regarding the " let's wait and see"

D

Deleted member

Pythra is suuuuuper popular (I wonder why), I would only be a little surprised

Granted Saks would probably want to make a fun moveset with both of them so it's not like that would happen

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The title says that we shouldn't talk about Smash, but in reality, the next Smash newcomer is so obvious, that it doesn't even need discussion.

ISN'T THAT RIGHT, LEON!?
View attachment 196233

Decidueye is waiting offscreen, I see.
I get the reference in this picture, but if Smash ever got to the point where we had 11,037 characters, we'd never play anything else again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's what I did use. I'm not an amateur. :glare:

Here are the results if anyone wants to search further for it.

I call it: Staindgrey's Avatar, the @GothFluttershy version.
my guess is its from pixiv and the original person didnt bother getting the users account

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly I can't find the original artist. A reverse image search just gives me more and more people who shared it without a link to the artist.

I have no idea.
What the hell, I have free time. As far as I can tell, the art was made by naoren on tumblr. Unfortunately they seem to deactivated their tumblr account, but they have an active twitter https://web.archive.org/web/20160326152658/http://naoren.tumblr.com/tagged/naodoodles
https://mobile.twitter.com/NA0R3N?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I would love for both Elma and Rex, loved both of their games and have grat moveset potential. If Rex has a Blade swapping mechanic between Pyra, Mythra and Nia, I would be a happy man.
I did have a switching mechanic though I’m a bit more on it being between Pyra and Mythra just to make things easier.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I didn’t notice @staindedede changed their profile. Looks good!

D

Deleted member

I wish that my Skrulls powers could morph the colour of my username into pink/ bright purple.
Sadly, my morphing abilities don’t work on virtual stuff.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Y'all better stop giving me hopes for Pythra in Smash, I wanna suffer peacefully in slience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom