• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Every time Rex is discussed in this thread, I feel more and more sorry for him missing out on the roster.
it's ok we get elma in challenger pack #4 to coincide with the november announcement of xenoblade x on the switch

D

Deleted member

****ing Bana still owes Rex some cash iirc
nah rex ****ed up the job

50k up front 50k after the job was finished, then rex awoke a magic big ***** sword girl and his dragon dad blew up the ancient ship so i dont think hes getting the other 50k

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This may upset some, maybe it’s because I’m a bit more familiar with 2 than X but honestly Rex and Pyra/Mythra appeal to me more in terms of moveset potential than Elma.
Yeah but Elma's got GUNS.

And SHADOW CLONES.

and MECHAS.

D

Deleted member

You know what would be a great game that’ll never be made? Shonen Jump Ultimate Alliance.

D

Deleted member

This may upset some, maybe it’s because I’m a bit more familiar with 2 than X but honestly Rex and Pyra/Mythra appeal to me more in terms of moveset potential than Elma.
tbh i like both about equally but if he wasnt dead rex would be my premier choice because his blade shenanigans would be suuuuuper interesting to see incorporated in a smash moveset

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You know what would be a great game that’ll never be made? Shonen Jump Ultimate Alliance.
Tbh I can't imagine it being any more competently made than Jump Force was.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
nah rex ****ed up the job

50k up front 50k after the job was finished, then rex awoke a magic big ***** sword girl and his dragon dad blew up the ancient ship so i dont think hes getting the other 50k
>Lose 50,000
>Get OP af waifu instead

Fair exchange

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yea but rex doesn't bring sawano music with him

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Needs more T-elos stepping on me
I see you are a man of culture as well

Okay. I'm picking a new avatar now. Help me out, Smashboards.

And just to be clear, whichever gets the most votes isn't necessarily the winner. The most convincing argument will probably do it.
Option 4, mainly because it satisfies both my FE and Pokemon bias.

But all of them are pretty good.

Anyone up for an arena?
I'm free right now.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Same with me.

Don't get me wrong, I think Elma has loads of moveset potential, but let's face it - her game wasn't exactly a smash hit. I know people hate it when I talk about sales being important, but I feel like they are. Whether you like it or not, XC2 broke series sales records and introduced a lot of people to Xenoblade. Even if Rex isn't popular among the hardcore fans, that's who most of the newbies would recognize. You'd appeal to far more people with Rex (or Pyra/Mythra) than you would with Elma.

Plus, Rex is a really popular request in Japan.

D

Deleted member

Tbh I can't imagine it being any more competently made than Jump Force was.
Can I ask why? Not angry at you, I’d just like to hear why you think that.
Ah, a man of culture.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have decided.

D

Deleted member

You fellas better still be in this arena faze by the weekend so I can join in.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Good look with the premium blue.

And I still got it. :shades:
Honestly the premium blue kinda helped me decide.

2/4 clearly had the most people liking them and I figured I could save Jill+Nemesis for the inevitable RE3make hype. For now, Trainer Azura was the best.

Though Gentlepanda Gentlepanda 's favorite is definitely happening someday. It's too good not to.

Don't you dare use my own gif back at me. You're grounded, mister.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
They both have equal moveset potential for me.

Honestly, I'm cool w/ Rex and Pyra making it into Smash. Personally, I was hoping that both them and Elma would make it into the base roster back in the day (obviously that didn't happen).

The only reasons why I support Elma more and think she's more likely is:

1. Xenoblade X is the only Xenoblade game I've actually played, so there's a bit of bias
2. Sakurai's statements regarding Rex specifically during the November 1 Direct (regardless of whether you think it means anything, it's still somewhat weird that Sakurai even talked about Rex's chances on roster at all)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom