• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm pretty annoyed about this right now.

-We know Three Houses is coming "Spring 2019" and that's it. For 6 months and counting.
-Pokemon is also in this boat. I really want to know about it, but there's zero information, also months after it was confirmed too exist.
-Animal Crossing as well. I don't expect a release close to now, but we're due for more info regardless.

Where's that Direct Nintendo?
Realtalk, this seems to be the new marketing method for multiple games publishers now. Hold off the details for a game-- and possibly even its actual announcement-- until six months or less before release. I mean, some of the huge releases this year are big examples of that: Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mortal Kombat 11, Resident Evil 2, all of these were kept almost entirely out of the public eye until E3 or later.

Social media is really changing the way these companies want to market. They want to be at the top of trending lists and not become old news too soon.

D

Deleted member

If i was in charge of Smash, you could expect to see a playable villain for each franchise present in the game.

I love my villains.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Eggman's the next best Sonic rep, and Knuckles is my first pick for an AT promotion, if I gotta be honest.
The taste spilling from these people, YES,YES!

I feel the same way!

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
So, I got a basic plot for my game...
Bassically, your character was a test subject that was turned into a...human...spider thing. (Think something like Shantae's Spider Transformation) and you have to go around the mansion which the doctor lives in to fight him, and defeat him.

For mechanics, I'm thinking something like a 2D Collectathon.
What do you all think?

Well, you were there when I mentioned what I was referring to, so I should be good. Guess it's just me being paranoid.
Sounds interesting, what kind of mechanics would it have?

D

Deleted member

Nah, that was 2006. Right now Sonic is alright.

Forces was mediocre, and Boom was a travesty. But Lost World was alright and Unleashed, Colors and Generations were all good.
The Racing games, Mania, Sonic Advance and the Rush games were sweet too.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sounds interesting, what kind of mechanics would it have?
Haven't really thought of many yet. I was thinking it would just be a simple run, jump, shoot, and stuff like that. I do have a shopkeeper character planned, so he will probably sell weapons.

My main issue is trying to figure out something that sets this game apart from other Indie titles.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Forces was mediocre, and Boom was a travesty. But Lost World was alright and Unleashed, Colors and Generations were all good.
Lost World was charming and aesthetically pleasing and the level design was unique and the music was outstanding and the side characters were kept to a minimum and it wasn't fun to play in the least.

Like, I still can't get over how at odds with myself that game makes me feel. Everything about it made me want to like it, but I just didn't.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Haven't really thought of many yet. I was thinking it would just be a simple run, jump, shoot, and stuff like that. I do have a shopkeeper character planned, so he will probably sell weapons.

My main issue is trying to figure out something that sets this game apart from other Indie titles.
Play with the spider aspect, there‘s potential to be unique with that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Play with the spider aspect, there‘s potential to be unique with that.
That's what I'm going to try to do. Maybe a wall climbing mechanic?

Another Idea I had is that after the experiment, your body is very weak, so it only takes one hit to kill you.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Now that I think about it, I wonder how many people remember this. I have my memories...good or bad.

Something.

R.I.P. image uploader.

Last edited:

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
If i was in charge of Smash, you could expect to see a playable villain for each franchise present in the game.

I love my villains.
So technically Louie would be the ‘villain’ for Pikmin. Because he:
Caused the company to go into debt.
Got Olimar’s ship sold by said company.
Almost doomed an entire planet’s civilization to extinction by stealing food from Alph and them.
And probably a whole lot more.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also, what's a good visual style for this game? I want it to be modelled, but I am afraid that would be too much...

D

Deleted member

Nice to meet you all the Name's ShotoStar sorry for uh being awkward earlier and coming out of nowhere I don't know what happened there might've been a glitch but whatever. Was gonna post this in another thread but the threads weren't really fitting but What do you all expect to be in the 2.0.0 Update?

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

If you want to be different, instead of weapons, I say to focus on the spider part, since weapons are too common in indie games. You can have some web shooting abilities, wall climbing, etc. Play around with the idea of web and walls, and see what you come up with.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If you want to be different, instead of weapons, I say to focus on the spider part, since weapons are too common in indie games. You can have some web shooting abilities, wall climbing, etc. Play around with the idea of web and walls, and see what you come up with.
When I said weapons, I was referring to different types of webs you could shoot and stuff. Should've clarified,

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Now that I think about it, I wonder how many people remember this. I have my memories...good or bad.

Something.

R.I.P. image uploader.
I remember it as the last game I played on my Sega Saturn before it randomly stopped reading discs and my family got an N64 instead.

I really liked that Sega Saturn. I would've grown up a Sega kid had my brother and sister not wanted Nintendo instead.

MainJPW

M.T.A

The omission of Sonic Mania is startling.

R.I.P. image uploader.
Try Sonic 3D: Director's Cut. Jon Burton decided to add a bunch of changes to the game for a better playing experience.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Something.

R.I.P. image uploader.
I only played a little of that game on my PS2 Sonic Mega Collection. Unfortunately I lost the case and disc to my copy.

D

Deleted member

Realtalk, this seems to be the new marketing method for multiple games publishers now. Hold off the details for a game-- and possibly even its actual announcement-- until six months or less before release. I mean, some of the huge releases this year are big examples of that: Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mortal Kombat 11, Resident Evil 2, all of these were kept almost entirely out of the public eye until E3 or later.

Social media is really changing the way these companies want to market. They want to be at the top of trending lists and not become old news too soon.
TBH I prefer it that way. If I'm not going to be playing it within the next 6-to-8 months, I'd rather not even know it exists yet. Teaser trailers, CGI, and vague promises of what a game might be do nothing for me. Show me the game when it's ready to be properly shown.

Honestly, I'm fine to wait however long it takes for the Direct. It'll come when it comes, and demanding one won't make it come any faster. Hopefully soon, but if not, oh well. Nintendo will talk when they're ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I forgot Sonic Mania?
Probably because i've never played it, honestly.
Just saying, it is the highest rated Sonic game in 25 years. When mentioning examples of why Sonic is doing alright this would be the game to mention I would think. Also, you played Sonic Boom?

D

Deleted member

Chunky Kong too.
And Sigurd too.

Believe it or not, I used to be a big Sonic geek back then. I’d rather not think back to that time period...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just saying, it is the highest rated Sonic game in 25 years. When mentioning examples of why Sonic is doing alright this would be the game to mention I would think. Also, you played Sonic Boom?
Nah. I was gonna, but I quickly became aware that it wasn't worth my money.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
TBH I prefer it that way. If I'm not going to be playing it within the next 6-to-8 months, I'd rather not even know it exists yet. Teaser trailers, CGI, and vague promises of what a game might be do nothing for me. Show me the game when it's ready to be properly shown.

Honestly, I'm fine to wait however long it takes for the Direct. It'll come when it comes, and demanding one won't make it come any faster. Hopefully soon, but if not, oh well. Nintendo will talk when they're ready.
I'm the same.

For instance, Sony's last three E3 pressers have been essentially carbon copies of one another, far as first party is concerned. We saw God of War, Last of Us Part II, Spider-Man and Days Gone at all three. Two of them finally released in the last year. Two of them still haven't. Like, I want the Last of Us still, but that extremely long wait time kind of causes me to consistently forget it exists.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Watching Northernlion slowly eclipse all of the other Smash streamers whenever he streams Ultimate is honestly hilarious.
BTW go watch him, he and his co-hosts are some of the best variety streamers on Twitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom