• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

The female trainer being this constantly pissed off scottish lass almost made me consider picking the girl trainer this time.

But then I realized I could call the male trainer Hiccup, and there's no way i'm gonna miss that opportunity.
Tbh I'm already kind of disappointed with Pokemon knowing that they'll never characterize the trainer this way canonically. It's honestly so entertaining to me for some reason, and it's probably responsible for me choosing the female trainer, unlike you, Mr. Creative-ideas-you-made-yourself.
i honestly love your idea, lol.

I finally got on a milestone page. :colorful:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As an echo, sure but I don’t see her having much else to make her stand out from her husband. Aside from the typical animation differences plus her wedge form and sound effects resembling her game the only moveset difference I can see is her inheriting this custom combined with the fruits from her game.
View attachment 195533
The wife doesn’t need anything to be different fighting wise. She’ll be like a worse version of Daisy echo wise
That quote ignores the fact that Microsoft would get a (probably sizeable) portion of the profits from all sales of the Nintendo version of XBLA.
What doesn’t it ignore tho?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Tbh I'm already kind of disappointed with Pokemon knowing that they'll never characterize the trainer this way canonically. It's honestly so entertaining to me for some reason, and it's probably responsible for me choosing the female trainer, unlike you, Mr. Creative-ideas-you-made-yourself.
i honestly love your idea, lol.

I finally got on a milestone page. :colorful:
I hope and pray that when the Pokemon Adventures manga gets to the Galar region, they portray the female protag this way. It's all I ask for.

LetterO

Smash Lord
How is Kirby low tier? Every Kirby I fight seems to be able to beat me pretty easily.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I remember that when I first joined speculation for Black and White so long ago, I saw nonstop bashing towards the starters and most new pokemon reveals because a lot of them were "too cute". "Remember when Pokemon looked like Pokemon and not Neopets" was something I saw thrown around a lot.

It's nice to see that the fanbase came around. Pokemon has always been cartoonish and cute. There'd be something wrong if it wasn't.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I remember that when I first joined speculation for Black and White so long ago, I saw nonstop bashing towards the starters and most new pokemon reveals because a lot of them were "too cute". "Remember when Pokemon looked like Pokemon and not Neopets" was something I saw thrown around a lot.

It's nice to see that the fanbase came around. Pokemon has always been cartoonish and cute. There'd be something wrong if it wasn't.
There's been a definite paradigm shift in the core design of Pokémon over the generations, but to say that this is a bad thing is ludicrous. It's just a thing.

Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon have a very unique aesthetic that is probably a result of them being designed as pixel art (or with the intention of being pixel art).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh damn, this is page 1800 huh?

Nice.

Edit: CRAP
So close, yet so far.

How is Kirby low tier? Every Kirby I fight seems to be able to beat me pretty easily.
Because tier lists assume every character is used to their full potential. That's not the case in most regular matches.

Plus, Ultimate is pretty balanced for all things considered, low tier characters can beat hier tier ones unlike Melee.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Plus, Ultimate is pretty balanced for all things considered, low tier characters can beat hier tier ones unlike Melee.
I mean, not perfectly. Put an evenly skilled Ganon against an evenly skilled Pikachu and one obvious person is going to top out due to better range, combo game, and offstage potential.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A lot of Low Tier mains make their characters look better then they are just through raw skill with them. If you're a competitive loyalist who's still determined enough to win you find ways to squeeze every last bit of worth out of your main and learn to make the most of what little you have to work with.

I once scored second in a small Smash 4 convention tournament with Charizard before. I had a lot of people asking me if Charizard was secretly good or afterwards, and I'd tell them he was not - it was just that it was like a 20-person tournament I was just a bit better then your average convention goer.
There's been a definite paradigm shift in the core design of Pokémon over the generations, but to say that this is a bad thing is ludicrous. It's just a thing.

Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon have a very unique aesthetic that is probably a result of them being designed as pixel art (or with the intention of being pixel art).
Oh yeah it's definitely had a change in style, and having started with Fire Red I too have a lot of nostalgia for the classic Kanto look.
That said the old art style could still be really cutesy at times. Some of the strongest pokemon in Kanto were :143:, :149: and :151: afterall.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Because tier lists assume every character is used to their full potential. That's not the case in most regular matches.

So what you're saying is "Maybe low-tier trash can beat a high-tier elite if he puts his mind to it."

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, not perfectly. Put an evenly skilled Ganon against an evenly skilled Pikachu and one obvious person is going to top out due to better range, combo game, and offstage potential.
That goes without saying, no game with so many unique characters can be perfectly balanced. But I'd say balancing team still did a good job.

So what you're saying is "Maybe low-tier trash can beat a high-tier elite if he puts his mind to it."
I was going to make a Judge joke but I don't think :ultgnw: is low enough in most lists for it.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
See, THESE are the types of memes and fanart the Pokemon community can be proud of :)

Really hope there are actually “Scottish” characters in the game, even if they don’t give that voice to the trainer officially

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
See, THESE are the types of memes and fanart the Pokemon community can be proud of :)

Really hope there are actually “Scottish” characters in the game, even if they don’t give that voice to the trainer officially
*Sounds of eating haggis intensifies*

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sheesh, I missed Pit talk yesterday? I really must be slacking. D: :ultpit:

Also, welcome to March month (I'm also late).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gosh Event Hubs match up spreads are a joke. I'm doing some match up research on Mega Man (not going well) and Event Hubs claims he goes even with Bowser and loses to Ike. Yeah, one of the most annoying projectile spammers in the game is only even with a big body super heavy and gets beaten by a super slow guy who relies on outranging his foes to play neutral, makes sense. It's not like Mega Man could, you know, beat out Ike's nair by showering him in pellets or anything. They also claim he wins against Chrom but somehow still loses to Roy which is just nonsense.

Also apparently Lucina has zero bad match ups. Suuuuure.

D

Deleted member

Anyone have some good nicknames for my future Scorbunny?

The pranked username goes so well with my new avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
First World Problem of the night: someone on a TF2 server I was playing on tried to kick me because he didn't like my XJ-9 avatar and called it "gay".

The vote kick failed by a landslide and a connection problem caused several players to lose connection the server shortly thereafter, including the guy who started the failed attempt to kick me.

I would've been annoyed at worst if the vote succeeded, since I already know damn well that people can be petty enough to want people gone just because of something as simple as their avatar, even when it's a completely harmless image, but now I'm just amused. It felt like genuine karma had come into play.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also apparently Lucina has zero bad match ups. Suuuuure.
I assume Lucina (and Marth, Roy, Ike and Chrom by extension) have bad match-ups against characters like Fox who have equal or better speed along with actual ranged options.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I assume Lucina (and Marth, Roy, Ike and Chrom by extension) have bad match-ups against characters like Fox who have equal or better speed along with actual ranged options.
I've been hearing they lose to Greninja in the competitive section. He's got great mobility and footsies to play a bait and punish game against them, as well for a decent projectile for when he wants to play it safe and try to out range them.I'd imagine that Fox would do well for similar reasons.

Mostly I just wanted to laugh at Event Hubs though.

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
It's like 4 am my time, oh my god
what
This thread is dead right now
so why the **** am I still awake posting on smashboards at like goddamn 4 in the morning when I'm dead tired bro

KMDP

Smash Legend
what
so why the **** am I still awake posting on smashboards at like goddamn 4 in the morning when I'm dead tired bro
Squidward: "What a ridiculous idea! Who would be stupid enough to post on Smashboards at 4 in the morning!"
Lollipopped: "Oh boy, 4 AM!"

osby

Smash Obsessed
what
*laughs in UTC+3*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom