• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Mega Man X, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Tekken 3, Metroid Prime, Mega Man 7, Dragon Ball FighterZ, MVC1, DBZ Budokai 3 and Soul Calibur 2 are among some of my favorites. There's a LOT of other games I like but there's too much to list.

I'd want to see ports of the PS2/GC era Marvel games and DBZ Budokai 3/Infinite World. For new games, MMX9, Prime 4 and MUA 3 are the first to come to mind.

I don't know. I feel like as a remake of the Original game, the movie changed Ratchet's personality too drastically. And he and Clank don't get to interact much. At first, they dislike each other, but eventually after their falling out, they see eye to eye and start becoming bros.

But the movie throws that all out and it sucks. The game does a better "Buddy Cop Movie" than the actual movie.
That's true, I do remember that. I might've forgiven it due to Dr. Nefarious being implemented since he's a good villain lol.

EDIT: wow, I'm responding to a quote from 8 pages ago. Sorry, but I just hopped on and saw this in my feed and responded

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The codenames can only have 5 letters, so this doesn't work.
Nope, Piranha Plant's """""Codename"""" is Packun, which is 6 Letter, also, why do everyone think it's an onopatopia when it literally comes from his name being Packun plant? Especially with the writing being Packun instead of Pakkun, since "Packun Plant" is exclusive to Smash Ultimate in Japanese

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
brave is steve because it was a brave choice to add a fighter who will split the fanbase into civil war

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A bit random, but what are your favorite video game music tracks? I've been listening to, and have been messing around with VGM a lot recently, like putting 118 DKC songs on my iPod.

My personal favorites are:
  • Title Screen - Pikmin 2
  • Digga-Leg - SMG2
  • In a Snow-Bound Land - DKC2
  • Hot Head Bop - DKC2
  • Opening - DKC
  • The Piklopedia - Pikmin 2
  • Parallel Meta Knight/King Dedede Battle - Kirby Star Allies
  • Let the Battles Begin - FF7

And sadly, only two of them are in Smash :(
A couple of my favorites include:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Played a bit of Smash online. I don't know if it's just me, but the Inkling's Rollers seem to be as broken in Smash as they are in Splatoon. In Splatoon, it seems unfair to have a weapon that makes you move faster than people who don't have it and instantly KOs anyone who lightly touches it, though maybe that's because I can only access Turf War, where that weapon also gives the team a massive advantage by filling in large areas of the map with their colour through the simple action of moving.

Meanwhile, in Smash, it seems to keep you buried longer than any other method of burying people (like DK's headbutt), and if you're touched by it (which seems likely given how long it can be kept out, especially on an Omega stage), then you're guaranteed to take about 40% damage.

Maybe I'm not experienced enough with playing as or against Inklings, but it seems like the only way to get out of being buried by a roller is by mashing the jump button... and, by the time you get out of it, they'll pull out the roller again and hit you as soon as you land because they can keep using it for as long as you're in the air.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Thought about making Earthworm Jim instead of Tiny Kong but then the composition won't make sense.

Also did you know that Tiny Kong uses a crossbow that shoots feathers?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Thought about making Earthworm Jim instead of Tiny Kong but then the composition won't make sense.

Also did you know that Tiny Kong uses a crossbow that shoots feathers?
Also now I wonder were the overalls a better look on her than Lanky?

Lanky is so ****ing cool. Man DK should have like 10 characters.

Fight me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's this I'm hearing about 2.0 coming soon?

Anything legit to back this up?

D

Deleted member

Played a bit of Smash online. I don't know if it's just me, but the Inkling's Rollers seem to be as broken in Smash as they are in Splatoon. In Splatoon, it seems unfair to have a weapon that makes you move faster than people who don't have it and instantly KOs anyone who lightly touches it, though maybe that's because I can only access Turf War, where that weapon also gives the team a massive advantage by filling in large areas of the map with their colour through the simple action of moving.

Meanwhile, in Smash, it seems to keep you buried longer than any other method of burying people (like DK's headbutt), and if you're touched by it (which seems likely given how long it can be kept out, especially on an Omega stage), then you're guaranteed to take about 40% damage.

Maybe I'm not experienced enough with playing as or against Inklings, but it seems like the only way to get out of being buried by a roller is by mashing the jump button... and, by the time you get out of it, they'll pull out the roller again and hit you as soon as you land because they can keep using it for as long as you're in the air.
Roller is pretty dumb because it just has too much utility, it's a big disjointed hitbox, can be used for recovery, covers ground to slow opponents and can set up for kills. The bury time it has is just stupidly good, especially in comparison to other bury moves such as DK's headbutt which are much more difficult to land.
And you can't even shield it, the hitbox just stays out like what?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Super Smash Bros 8: Link causes a paradox in space time continuum with Captain Falcon.

D

Deleted member

While I don't necessarily think it's OP, I do hate how I basically have to be ready to mash hard enough to destroy my controller whenever I play vs Inkling. I hope they reduce it from the Mario Party-style levels it's at right now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Super Smash Brothers 9: Luigi wins the whole tournament by doing absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just fought a Mii that was an Isabelle hat with the Flying Man costume and that would have been the most terrifying thing I ever saw on online if it wasn't for the fact they sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom