• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Not gonna argue politics cause I don't wanna get warned or infracted but a fun little game for you guys; next time you're watching anything, whether it be a review, or an interviewer, or a show, or even playing a game, count how many white dudes there are and compare it to the POC and women that are also involved in said entertainment/informative piece.

My personal favorite thing to do is watch commercial breaks and see how many black people I see during one break. Right now my record is 5

Pakky

Smash Hero
ScorBunny- Angry Scot

Grookey- Crickey Hooligan

Sobble- Rugby giant with a heart of gold (Also a hooligan)

:ultcharizard:- Disappointed

:ultincineroar:- All in

:ultgreninja:- Unsure

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not gonna argue politics cause I don't wanna get warned or infracted but a fun little game for you guys; next time you're watching anything, whether it be a review, or an interviewer, or a show, or even playing a game, count how many white dudes there are and compare it to the POC and women that are also involved in said entertainment/informative piece.

My personal favorite thing to do is watch commercial breaks and see how many black people I see during one break. Right now my record is 5
I haven't talked about it but something I noticed during the Sword and Shield trainer was that they're keeping Gen 7's rather diverse cast of people in terms of skin tone in comparison to prior games and honestly that alone put a smile on my face

Also that reminds me how old Sunny D commercials apparently always had the black kid want the purple stuff and only the black kid

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That seems like more of a non issue (this is coming from a certified black nibba). If more minorities/wamen wish to be in the film industry, they'll just join. Diversity is seeing a much greater push in recent years, but I don't think demonizing white folks is gonna help anything.

Anyways, where tf is Rayman 4?

D

Deleted member

Cursed video?

I already got infarcted for politics. :lol:
Also I will play your game.

D

Deleted member

ClaTheBae ClaTheBae I was watching YouTube and then a few commercials came in. My result was ten. I am not kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah, oops. I have no idea why. Like, I assume ClaTheBae is a dude, even though I don't know for sure, that's just kinda how my brain works.
This whole situation reminds me. What I find weird is that Smashboards has a gender option in the account settings, yet that information isn't displayed anywhere easily accessible. You gotta go to the account of the person and click on the about tab. Like, can't that be in the little sidebar next to our posts? Or the thing that pops up when you hover over someone's username?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm so glad we salvaged this thread before it went to crap.
Don't kid yourself, it's only a matter of time before we start talkin' about some dumb **** again.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
This whole situation reminds me. What I find weird is that Smashboards has a gender option in the account settings, yet that information isn't displayed anywhere easily accessible. You gotta go to the account of the person and click on the about tab. Like, can't that be in the little sidebar next to our posts? Or the thing that pops up when you hover over someone's username?
I don't think it should be visible next to posts, but when you click on a username and more user details pop up, it could go there.

D

Deleted member

I went to college when I was 14.
...Different kind of college.
I'm skipping college to play pro Smash, I got my whole plan figured out!

1. Own Smash
2. Get good at Smash

Yeash, on second thought, I'm going to TCU.

Don't kid yourself, it's only a matter of time before we start talkin' about some dumb **** again.
Banjo v Steve, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait, what? I always thought the pink names were girls and blue were boys (as per the rules of society), red were sentient tomatoes and everyone else was just a virtual manifestation of the voices in my head.

This will throw a wrench in things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom