• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Okay, hot take...

Milk in cereal is disgusting... no matter which you pour, first.

It ruins the flavor, and you just end up with soggy cereal mush soup...

The only way to eat cereal is dry. End of story
I’m like that is well and the only exception I make for that is Oreo-O’s, cause it feels like a sin to not have anything involving Oreo’s not in milk.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Generally in Britain, if the minor is 16 they can drink alcohol at a restaurant with a meal, so if Shield is 16 it's technically legal.
I believe that in France, the drinking age is "Any age as long as a parent or legal guardian is present, 18 otherwise" or something like that.
For real though what would your Dream DLC be? (Including up-to three Bonuses and Three Seasons if you want)

Season 1:
-Joker
-Erdrick (only cause I respect Erdrick fans and cause he is super likely)
-Geno
-Banjo
-Sans

Bonus: Isaac

Season 2:
-Chorus Kids
-Mach Rider
-Skull Kid
-Duster
-Doom Guy

Bonus: Rex/Pyra

Season 3:
-Elma
-Dixie
-Steve
-Pokemon S/S Trainer
-Jimmy T.

Bonus: Scorpion
Season 1: Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, Agumon, ??? (e.g. "Gen 8 Pokémon" or "Astral Chain Protags" or "Byleth/Edelgard" or something)
Season 2: Geno, Isaac, Lyn, Waluigi, Ashley

D

Deleted member

It's March! I wonder what crazy stuff this month has in-store. Maybe Geno comes back into Speculation, Maybe Banjo becomes likely.. I'm curious.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just can't see Nintendo passing up the opportunity of including Steve. I just can't honestly especially all the money they'd make from just including him.

If it were Sakurai choosing DLC I'd understand Banjo being added to please the fans.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I’m like that is well and the only exception I make for that is Oreo-O’s, cause it feels like a sin to not have anything involving Oreo’s not in milk.
My goodness...

Oreo-O's are soooo good!

But man, they hurt your gums with all that sugar.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Man, even his legacy screams nostalgia: the character. :bobomb:
You have to visualize yourself as a Nintendo kid around those times. Banjo was more a Nintendo character than Samus was in our minds back then.

Imagine that say, Pokemon had just come out right? It was great, everyone loved it, it was a Nintendo phenomenon, all of a sudden Nintendo releases a mascot fighting game with ALL its famous characters but Pikachu isn't there. So, we're all like, "where is Pikachu?" So, we wait for next game and we're all like "Ah, yeah he's definitely in this time!" And then no Pikachu. And then a year later Pokemon is sold off to Microsoft. All hope is lost. Pikachu will never get to fight Mario in Smash Bros. 2 decades pass and finally, FINALLY there's a glimmer of hope that, hey, Pikachu is actually possible again!

Now, that's a situation in a timeline that never happened but if you go up there and replace Pokemon and Pikachu with Banjo and you can see where we're coming from. It's more about fulfillment than Nostalgia.

Most people don't know that Smash 64 was my first Smash, we weren't the most wealthy family, so when I got my hands on Smash after playing my 64 with Mario 64, DK64, and Banjo, I immediately said "Wait, where's Banjo?" To a kid of the N64 not seeing Banjo in Smash was like, the weirdest ****ing thing. Banjo has just been a long time coming and if he finally does make it in it'll feel like 2 decades of wishes finally coming true. Even before the internet, before K. Rool, before Ridley, the first character that people said "Where is he?" Was Banjo.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Some hot food takes for y'all, since it's the topic of conversation:

I don't like milk in my cereal, I don't like dipping Oreos in milk, and I don't like putting Pop-Tarts in the toaster before I eat them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
His name is Akira though
Isn't that manga-only? Everything else afterwards used Ren Mama Mia, IIRC.
Yup, manga name isn't canon anymore. Used to be during launch but that isn't the case anymore.

Say goodbye to Minato Arisato and Akiria Kurusu, say hello to Makoto Yuki and Rem Amamiya.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just can't see Nintendo passing up the opportunity of including Steve. I just can't honestly especially all the money they'd make from just including him.

If it were Sakurai choosing DLC I'd understand Banjo being added to please the fans.
Technically speaking, Nintendo gave Soccer Guy a list of fighters to choose from, and if Banjo, Steve and Chief were on that list, I think he would choose Banjo.

But then again, trying to predict Soccer Guy is impossible so we might as well start speculating the Battle Bus as a DLC fighter.

D

Deleted member

Sora would be way cooler because he would have a more unique moveset. S O A N Y W A Y S B A C K T O B A N J O.

Banjo just has a ton of small things that point to his inclusion. The Duck Hunt/Swordfighter glitches, the fan polls, Phil Spencer's tweets, it all adds up. Now, I'm no sleuth, but all of these little things make Banjo seem a bit more likely than he might initially seem to be. Once again, it's just a hunch, so there's no reason to be a...

...Jerk about it.
Okay, I have to agree that Sora would be cooler than Banjo.

Edit: You did not mean Banjo, but I would take Sora over Banjo.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so I'd tried to find the link to where Craig Duncan, Rare's Studio Head, said fans don't actually want B-K, they just think they do...but I can't find it, I can only find people on Reddit talking about it 2 months ago and I know people in the B-K thread brought it up...

But we do have Banjo-Kazooie getting merchandise for their anniversary last year, and Loot Crates having their franchise this month, Phil Spencer talking about them, rumors and a leaker's tweets that may or may not be true even if they seem credible...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
We do. Perhaps the better wording is that Selene is the female Sun/Moon trainer's official name. That is undisputable since they used it for the Figma Figure at the very least.
However, you can use whatever name you want for them. This is true for any character you name in Video Games.
Don't like the name 'Nier' for the main character of NieR? Don't use it.
Don't want to call the Persona 5 protagonist Ren Amamiya? You can name him something else.
Want to name Link 'Erdrick'? Go ahead.
Those are all fine. However, they have names considered as their official names and those are what a lot, or even most, people will refer to them as.
Do I like using the name Hilda for the BW Female Trainer? No, not at all, but using that name makes it easier for people to know who I am referring to without having to type out more characters then necessary.
I'm currently calling the female trainer for Sword & Shield 'Fiona' or 'Lydia', but we'll have to see what their 'official' names end up being and if I'd rather use that name or if I'll do what I did with X & Y and choose my own (I called her Aimee rather then Serena)
In my case, for more story driven experiences like Zelda, Persona and even Pokémon, I prefer to use the official names, for some reason I can’t take the story seriously when my name is used, for stuff like Animal Crossing though I go all in representing myself.

My goodness...

Oreo-O's are soooo good!

But man, they hurt your gums with all that sugar.
I know! I’m SOOO glad they brought them back but they’re just as addicting as regular Oreo’s!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
We talking Banjo? Sweet, that actually reminds me.

SGB are doing a playthrough of Banjo-Kazooie right now.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Some hot food takes for y'all, since it's the topic of conversation:

I don't like milk in my cereal, I don't like dipping Oreos in milk, and I don't like putting Pop-Tarts in the toaster before I eat them.
I like milk in my cereal but I'm fine eating it dry. I never dipped Oreos in milk, too much effort, just lemme eat the damn thing. Untoasted pop-tarts depend on the flavor.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I have to agree that Sora would be cooler than Banjo.
I was saying that Sora would be cooler than Erdrick, tho I want Banjo and Sora equally. Sora seems a bit less likely due to all the Erdrick evidence, so we'll have to see.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
As it stands, we have 809 Pokemon.

The Galarian starters + their evolutions will bring this number up to 818.

If we just get at least 70 new Pokemon, then after all these years, I'll finally have Pokemon #888 in my hands.

We're so close...!

osby

Smash Obsessed

You know Steve would need to please the fans to bring money, right? And if Banjo pleases the fans, he would bring money? It's not really black and white.

Yup, manga name isn't canon anymore. Used to be during launch but that isn't the case anymore.

Say goodbye to Minato Arisato and Akiria Kurusu, say hello to Makoto Yuki and Rem Amamiya.
Manga names were never canon to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom