• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Here is one MS Paint pic that I'm planning to make, and post:
Bolbi Stroganovsky as Haru

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
TIL people like Ice Age 3

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Nah, I rather continue Smash related discussion, I know this is a social thread now but this is the closest we have to a discussion thread so you can’t really blame me.

How many sales would Ultimate take to renew a second DLC pass?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Let's skew the question a bit this time

What are some of your all time favorite movies? For me I would probably say:

WALL-E
The Princess Bride
How to Train Your Dragon
The Prince of Egypt
Singin' in The Rain
Zootopia
Ratatouille

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nah, I rather continue Smash related discussion, I know this is a social thread now but this is the closest we have to a discussion thread so you can’t really blame me.

We've pretty much ran out of any Smash related discussions though so until there's news what else is there to discuss? Best to keep ourselves occupied even if off-topic.

Noipoi

Howdy!

How many sales worldwide?

WALL-E
The Princess Bride
How to Train Your Dragon
Singin' in The Rain
Zootopia
There's too many for me too choose, but these have consistently been my favorites for as long as I can remember.
How to Train your Dragon 1 & 2.
Lilo and Stitch.
Little Shop of Horrors.

D

Deleted member

Ladies and gentlemen, the new face of competitive Smash has arrived:

7cbx8w3xc9c21.jpg

Behold, the new ZeRo!

Our days are numbered.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

WALL-E
The Princess Bride
How to Train Your Dragon
Singin' in The Rain
Zootopia
Godzilla (1954) as well as the rest of Godzilla films
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2
Heisei Gamera Trilogy
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Kong: Skull Island (Other King Kong films too but this one stands out as my favorite)
Krampus
Mulan
Reign of Fire
The Brave Little Toaster
The Lion King
The Prince of Egypt

As well as many others I can't think from the top of my head.

Out of the bunch though the Heisei Gamera Trilogy stands out as my favorite of all time.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is still one of my favorite things FE has ever provided.

Male Lucina > Marth = Mars
So, I beat Shantae's main game yesterday. Such a good game/
Which main game?
Nonexistent parental figure: studying hard I imagine!

Me:
Inklings clap hard as hell and the Belmonts are salty ****ers...but Is a bell...she’s doing just right with those claps
The Lego Movie just worked though; not sure why or how, but it did. I may be biased since I grew up loving Legos, but the movie is enjoyable even looking past the obvious branding. I can't say the same about other movies in the same vein.
It’s because Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are ****ing god tier in making movies (with Spider-Verse, Lego Movies 1+2, Lego Batman, 21/22 Jump Street, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on your resume...you can make movies like a God)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Raw power or gimmick abilities?

Character just flat out or character development? It gets super iffy.
ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION, ARI!

...Joking, obviously.

Noipoi Noipoi

For flat-out "character", that boils down to personal preference, though the general winners as far as I know are Joseph and Josuke (DiU) (and maybe Jolyne?), For character development, the winner is clearly Johnny.

For power, Jonathan and Jotaro are super simple but serve to introduce the concepts of their fighting styles (Johnny would also serve this role but his power set ends up really complicated). Joseph and Josuke refine what Jonathan and Jotaro did with their powers with new tricks. Giorno and Jolyne have the weirdest powers of the JoJos of the original reality. The JoJos of the alternate reality (Johnny and the second Josuke) have weird powers off the bat.

In terms of raw power, the winner is probably Giorno or Johnny, because their endgame powers are OP as hell.

I'll run down the gimmicks of the JoJos
Keep in mind that a lot of these are shortened for brevity's sake, if I went into everything some of these characters can do I'd be here for hours.
  1. Jonathan - The Ripple, can channel the Ripple (life energy with the same wavelength as Sunlight), generally used to kill vampires and not much else.
  2. Joseph (Young) - The Ripple, does every Jonathan does, with a few other tricks.
  3. Joseph (Old) - Stand (Hermit Purple), can punch polaroid cameras to generate psychic photos. The power also generates vines he can use as a whip or grappling hook, or channel the Ripple. Finally, he can use TVs to rapidly switch channels, the channel changes are used to soundbite phrases that give him clues.
  4. Jotaro - Stand (Star Platinum), Star Platinum can punch really hard and fast, along with having pinpoint precision eye-sight; it also has a bunch of one-off powers (like extending it's fingers). Finally, it turns out Jotaro can use Star Platinum to stop time.
  5. Josuke (DiU) - Stand (Crazy Diamond), Crazy Diamond is also a punchy stand like Star Platinum, it loses all the other powers for the ability to heal others (but importantly, not Josuke himself); Josuke can use the power to restore inanimate objects, once someone is dead, they are considered an inanimate object and can still be healed, but won't come back to life.
  6. Giorno - Stand (Gold Experience), Gold Experience is weird, it's used to imbue life energy into things, Giorno can use this to transmute objects into creatures, or accelerate the growth of plants, or hyper-accelerate people perceptions, allowing him to beat them up when they can control their bodies. He can also bring people back from the dead, sort of.
  7. Giorno - Stand (Gold Experience Requiem), this is the real OP stuff, Giorno can reset pretty much anything to zero, like a person's will to fight. If he kills you with the Stand, you are doomed to relive countless deaths in increasingly strange and/or gruesome ways.
  8. Jolyne - Stand (Stone Free), Stone Free is a lot weaker than Giorno's, she can turn herself into string... that's about it, she does do some creative stuff with it though.
  9. Johnny - The Spin and a Stand (Tusk), Johnny and his friend Gyro can use rotational energy (somehow...) to do some crazy ****, Johnny combines the Spin with Tusk to fire his fingernails. Tusk also has stages (called Acts), Tusk Act IV is able to follow people through dimensions.
  10. Josuke (JJL) - Stand (Soft & Wet); Soft & Wet creates bubbles that can steal aspects (such as sound or friction) from objects.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

WALL-E
The Princess Bride
How to Train Your Dragon
The Prince of Egypt
Singin' in The Rain
Zootopia
Ratatouille
The Terminator

Yes, really

Was that what you were expecting from me? :yoshi:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

I think that if it hits 20 million sales, a 2nd DLC season could be possible. Judging by the fact that we probably already hit 10 million, or are at least close to it, I can see Smash reaching this number by the time the DLC is complete and fully released. If a 2nd DLC season happens, I can see they adding fan favorites that didn't get the chance to be in.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION, ARI!

...Joking, obviously.
But I already did

In terms of raw power, the winner is probably Giorno or Johnny, because their endgame powers are OP as hell.
that's not raw power, that's their abilities. they don't equate to basic strength, they don't make their punches harder, it negates your durability as is

josuk8 is the physically strongest

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favorite movies:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Glass
The Star Wars movies

D

Deleted member

My favorite movie is The Cat Returns. Whisper of the Heart and Spirited Away are also my jam.

Also, shocking everyone, I like the MLP movie a lot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Continued because i can post more here

Stone Free is a lot weaker than Giorno's
not through based powerscaling

Josuke (JJL) - Stand (Soft & Wet); Soft & Wet creates bubbles that can steal aspects (such as sound or friction) from objects.
they're not bubbles, they're high-friction cords that make shape into a bubble
and araki forgot he could even do that so now its just bubbles doing bubble things

catch up with the manga

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Please tell me this is a joke.

If there’s one thing I hate, it’s animated movies made for product placement, which is how I feel this movie will turn out.
Do you guys remember about the guy that said that he is directing/making a 3 Part movie series to Tetris?

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Y’all remember Pixels?

I wanted to like that movie so bad.

I didn’t care if it was an Adam Sandler film, it had video game characters invading Earth, that concept alone was enough to draw me in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey everyone! I’m setting up an arena, if any of you want to challenge my Incineroar.
*Cough* Noipoi Noipoi
Name: Incineroar!
ID: N4H19
Pasword: 123456
Enjoy!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Y’all remember Pixels?

I wanted to like that movie so bad.

I didn’t care if it was an Adam Sandler film, it had video game characters invading Earth, that concept alone was enough to draw me in.
Futurama already did it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I can't believe I didn't know this existed until now but I'll never hear Guile's theme the same again.

(Warning: Mild Gore)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom