• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Talking about Mother for a moment. There was a fan Mother 4 Project... that was supposed to release in 2010. However it never really came out.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Also reminder that another Detective Pikachu trailer is dropping today.
I love how we're all for once, excited for a live action video game adaption. A genre of films that has a pretty iffy track record...

Yet Detective Pikachu comes along, and looks decent, with a lot of love and effort put into it.

Though shortly afterwards, Sonic's gonna quickly remind us of the usual garbage we get with video game movies

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I got a physical copy of the Prima Guide for Smash Ultimate from the bookstore. It gives a ton of competitive strategies, and I think I'm going to put them to good use! I'm going to be turning off Tap Jump this weekend, when I get the chance to play again, and start testing the Frame Data on :ultpiranha:'s moves, since the book didn't have any information for the Plant.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I love how we're all for once, excited for a live action video game adaption. A genre of films that has a pretty iffy track record...

Yet Detective Pikachu comes along, and looks decent, with a lot of love and effort put into it.

Though shortly afterwards, Sonic's gonna quickly remind us of the usual garbage we get with video game movies
I know it's cool to hate Sonic stuff but we didn't even see that much of it, isn't it a bit soon to start calling it trash?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Still expecting Detective Pikachu to be average at best. Pokemon movies tend to get overrated due to nostalgia and/or bias. The first movie for example is simply not enjoyable to anyone over 12 yet many 20 year olds will try to claim it was good.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

And then Mario's gonna come along and also probably be pretty dire

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I do not wish to interrupt the discussion. But this Pokemon discussion has exploded a bit.

https://boards.4channel.org/vp/thread/37672500

Before you call me out. Yes I know its 4chan but the OP Image is not blurry but notte either too clean or good. Later on theres a good image of Game Freak. Name of the company. It might be nothing but it is worth to see at least.

Whats funny is the titles translates to Chaos and Control. Chaos Control anyone?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want more animated game movies
C'mon, Nintendo, get the people who animate the Smash cutscenes to make a whole Smash Bros. movie

osby

Smash Obsessed
Like the previous live-action Mario movie?

I just want more animated game movies
C'mon, Nintendo, get the people who animate the Smash cutscenes to make a whole Smash Bros. movie
Tbf, that cutscenes are very high-quality. Making a movie at the same caliber would probably be really expensive.

D

Deleted member

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I expect it to be at least okay...

I really feel like people hate on Illumination a bit too much. Sure, they've made some less than stellar movies, and they advertise the heck out of them, but even they've made some decent movies. The first Despicable Me was alright.

And assuming Nintendo is closely involved with the project, this time, unlike the original film, I expect more effort than usual to be put in it...

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Still expecting Detective Pikachu to be average at best. Pokemon movies tend to get overrated due to nostalgia and/or bias. The first movie for example is simply not enjoyable to anyone over 12 yet many 20 year olds will try to claim it was good.
That would still be amazing for a video game movie tbf.

Honestly tho with Miyamoto (the Anti-Christ of good stories) at the helm idk how the Mario movie will go on longer than 15 mins

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I got a physical copy of the Prima Guide for Smash Ultimate from the bookstore. It gives a ton of competitive strategies, and I think I'm going to put them to good use! I'm going to be turning off Tap Jump this weekend, when I get the chance to play again, and start testing the Frame Data on :ultpiranha:'s moves, since the book didn't have any information for the Plant.
Kurogane Hammer already gotchu

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I do not wish to interrupt the discussion. But this Pokemon discussion has exploded a bit.

Before you call me out. Yes I know its 4chan but the OP Image is not blurry but notte either too clean or good. Later on theres a good image of Game Freak. Name of the company. It might be nothing but it is worth to see at least.

Whats funny is the titles translates to Chaos and Control. Chaos Control anyone?
Pokemon Chaos and Pokemon Control is such a fangame title.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Every time I think I've gotten over my tilt I go back onto quickplay and instantly realize that I'm not.

I really want to like this game's online. I really do. But there's just something about GSP and the Elite Mode barrier that frustrates me more then any online mode I've ever played and I have no clue what it is.
then dont care about the GSP. It isnt even worth it, just play the game to play the game

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I expect it to be at least okay...

I really feel like people hate on Illumination a bit too much. Sure, they've made some less than stellar movies, and they advertise the heck out of them, but even they've made some decent movies. The first Despicable Me was alright.

And assuming Nintendo is closely involved with the project, this time, unlike the original film, I expect more effort than usual to be put in it...
My main worry is what they try and do with the story, or how they try and compensate for Mario's lack of one.
And how they deal with the fact that most Mario characters have a very basic personality

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That would still be amazing for a video game movie tbf.
Contrary to popular belief, there have been some well received video game movies, like Ace Attorney, and Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva...

However, those were Japanese productions, so Detective Pikachu would still be stellar for a Hollywood video game adaption, even if it does end up being just okay.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

I think the "Chaos and Order" theory is better here

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Pokemon Chaos and Pokemon Control is such a fangame title.
Haha, yeah... It looks fan-made, a lot, trust me. But I'm doubting it's fanmade, because in that same thread, someone posted this second image. It appears to be a secret book, which looks like either an manual for that 'new?' game, OR the book that only Gamefreak employees can have.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I find it funny that the two logos are both Sonic and Shadow logos. Still, if it's fake, it's a commendable work.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Chaos Theory? Fon’t tell me they’ve made a theme park of ancient Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

I'm still betting on the Pokemon Genesis and Alter trademarks that leaked. Sonic and Jalter are the new legendaries.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Haha, yeah... It looks fan-made, a lot, trust me. But I'm doubting it's fanmade, because in that same thread, someone posted this second image. It appears to be a secret book, which looks like either an manual for that 'new?' game, OR the book that only Gamefreak employees can have.

I find it funny that the two logos are both Sonic and Shadow logos. Still, if it's fake, it's a commendable work.
Those photos are giving me major Grinch vibes

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Those photos are giving me major Grinch vibes
Really? I suppose I can say the same. Remember when a certain someone leaked that supposed 'final roster' including Isaac, Chrous Kid, etc. Only to find that we got just Ken and Incineroar?

I can't trust this leak well this time. But if it's fake, it's certainly a commendable work... I would give props to whoever did it.

D

Deleted member

Really? I suppose I can say the same. Remember when a certain someone leaked that supposed 'final roster' including Isaac, Chrous Kid, etc. Only to find that we got just Ken and Incineroar?
That-That's what the Grinch leak was....
EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

lol "Pokemon Chaos" and "Pokemon Control"
Complete with a Dark Hedgehog looking head and Blue Hedgehog looking head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom