• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For site display purposes, the spelling should correspond to the regional differences. For example, Isabelle's name is listed as isabelle for en_US, but marie for fr_FR, and canela for es_ES. The general file is 'shizue'. Even if Crono's general file is "chrono", the American English display should be 'crono', as that's the American spelling.

Also the numbers in the JSON file start with 0, count Pokemon Trainer and the Miis as one, and count the echoes as their own numbers. Makes sense, since it's site-based. I'm guessing that probably accounts for the discrepancy. But either way, I'm using the file the leak linked to...
So that's not the same file as the one that's the regular internal coding, but the display file.

Okay, being I didn't know how JSON files worked, I get it now. My thought was something different from that, if not obvious by now.

So unless he somehow magically becomes Chrono in all versions, I get the issue here. Yeah, this actually hurts the leak. Especially since it was the EN_US website. I say "hurts", cause we don't know for sure if they'd do that. Smash isn't a Chrono Trigger game, after all. If in the end they go with his official Japanese name(which is a correct translation from the Katakana), cool. But that casts a lot of doubt on it. It always felt a little unlikely to me, but now it's "probably not real". If he was never spelled Chrono, then this would definitely kill it. Not saying it would be a hard to make thing, but that's why I call it "pretty much a text leak" anyway. Thanks for the information. :)

Wasn't the image posted to 4Chan a Mock-Up?
Yes. But look at what her point was, not just that alone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

this is it
the reverse grinch leak
everyone thinks it's fake and then BAM it's real and everyone returns their copy of the game
Banjo would actually be hype as hell so I would be okay with this, Of course there's better choices for DLC but if I can't get Geno then I'll take this and Banjo.

D

Deleted member

Making them an alien is also not a great choice either.
Right, that was a thing too :urg:
We'd need people to actually show a willingness to want to understand our issues as well as what they should and should not do in order for the "debate" (our existence and what rights we should have shouldn't even be up for debate) to stop.
Sadly hoping everyone ends up like that is asking for too much, even here.
The only reason we even have these "debates" here is because people who aren't willing to listen try to pretend these issues aren't actual issues.

Double K

Smash Lord
In that case it would probably have to be that to some people, just being trans doesn’t genetically alter your gender. I suppose this character must be one of those.
Gender is a social construct that bares no meaning, you can say you are whatever you are and gender is not tied to genetics.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
@faygoshill I can’t find a single bepis in that trailer. Just gonna assume it is some abstract thing I’m not noticing. Or I’m dense.
Gender is a social construct that bares no meaning, you can say you are whatever you are and gender is not tied to genetics.
Pretty sure it’s tied to genetics. Could be wrong tho.

D

Deleted member

All leaks with Crono are fake and that's final.
@faygoshill I can’t find a single bepis in that trailer. Just gonna assume it is some abstract thing I’m not noticing. Or I’m dense.
Gender and sex are two different things.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
IF YOU WON'T GRANBLUE I WILL

SO HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT HELES SHOWED UP IN THE NEW GRANDBLUES

COULD IT BE A NEW HELES SSR? WILL SHE BE GETTING THE ANNIVERSARY THEMED VERSION?

WILL WE BE GETTING HER ANNOUNCED FOR VERSUS?
Whoa... slow down buddy.

I can't really say anything about who's getting a 5th anniversary version. (Cause I'm not super knowledgeable in that department)

But let's at least wait to see what Granblue Versus actually looks like beyond the one trailer. We have no idea what the roster size/selection might look like, we still have characters hinted at that haven't been revealed yet, and we have no idea what the actual gameplay or UI looks like.

Hopefully we'll get a better picture during the 5th anniversary celebration, but for now we've got to be patient.

D

Deleted member

This was posted in the steve thread saying how it was proven false
And yet it got the Granblue fighter's existence right including ArcSys' involvement.

Then there's the fact someone claimed to have found the original leak on Reddit and posted it to 5chan.
Leading more evidence toward a flawed translation into Japanese instead of it being outright fake.

Further evidence is required to disprove it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Man, leak talk is hell.

Like, i’m an open minded person. Honestly. But the way people talk about leaks it’s as if every leak is created equal, and they just aren’t.

It’s not Vergeben that has said Erdrick. Well, he has. But he’s not the only person to hear if a Dragon Quest character. There has yet to be a credible leak that has suggested otherwise.

But no, let’s just believe that random text leak/easily faked leak #327 because it has something we liked.

Double K

Smash Lord
That's sex.

And it's still not as binary as M/F and the chromosome combinations are unfathomable to the point that hospitals and research institutions aren't able to get away with M/F classifications for testing purposes. And that's just humans, to say nothing of the hundreds and thousands of creatures in Kingdom Animalia that can transition based on conditions naturally occurring

Double K

Smash Lord
Whoa... slow down buddy.

I can't really say anything about who's getting a 5th anniversary version. (Cause I'm not super knowledgeable in that department)

But let's at least wait to see what Granblue Versus actually looks like beyond the one trailer. We have no idea what the roster size/selection might look like, we still have characters hinted at that haven't been revealed yet, and we have no idea what the actual gameplay or UI looks like.

Hopefully we'll get a better picture during the 5th anniversary celebration, but for now we've got to be patient.
We've more or less predicted a good chunk of the roster via the logo for Versus having most of their character weapons (Metera, Vaseraga, Percival and Zeta are included in the logo) but yeah lets wait

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That's sex.

And it's still not as binary as M/F and the chromosome combinations are unfathomable to the point that hospitals and research institutions aren't able to get away with M/F classifications for testing purposes. And that's just humans, to say nothing of the hundreds and thousands of creatures in Kingdom Animalia that can transition based on conditions naturally occurring
Yup. All of that is beyond me.

Hat Kid 4 Smash, a cute as HECK fighter.
WOAH man, you gotta say “Peck”.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
We've more or less predicted a good chunk of the roster via the logo for Versus having most of their character weapons (Metera, Vaseraga, Percival and Zeta are included in the logo) but yeah lets wait
Lowain's weapon was also in the logo if I recall correctly.

D

Deleted member

Here's why I call this the Graizen leak.

Here's something he wanted us to see before (back before we knew of Joker).

Notice anything familiar?
Agumon (of couse)
Crono
Banjo

...and what does this leak have?
Agumon
Crono
Banjo

Just swap out Crash and Minecraft Steve for Joker (who we know is in the game now) and Reimu.

He made both of these.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's why I'm explaining it to you

Uhhhh...
Sword slash front, sword slash back
Thank me later
Shut up I'm trying to be creative with the character who literally ****ing summons weapons and elemental out of her hands. I even have a ****ty option for one of those terrible "It's a down smash but doesn't actually go both ways" but that Glyph doesn't have a Union gaaaaah

D

Deleted member

Shut up I'm trying to be creative with the character who literally ****ing summons weapons and elemental out of her hands. I even have a ****ty option for one of those terrible "It's a down smash but doesn't actually go both ways" but that Glyph doesn't have a Union gaaaaah
Can she float, even if only a bit?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The argument is that Crono's name is supposed to be Chrono since that's what they intended it to be originally, and now they're going back and renaming it.

My question is: why isn't Joker referred to as Jack? At this point all of his development files refer to him as Jack, so I'm expecting that's what his name in the files will be since it'd make no sense to suddenly change the names of all the files to Joker. Furthermore, where's Brave?

Wait, you mean to tell me this "leak" is fake?! Surely no one would lie on the internet!
Kind of a flimsy argument that leans on "well they're changing it now!" when there's been absolutely no indication of such past the (dubious) leak itself.

Also Jack and Brave are codenames in the game data, the site may not operate the same way. Who knows...

In any case, I hate to say it, but I suspect this might be one of those fabled liars on the internet.

Wasn't the image posted to 4Chan a Mock-Up?
Probably, but I'm talking about the actual file it linked to. Crono is listed as Chrono in there for all regions, which is wrong.

So that's not the same file as the one that's the regular internal coding, but the display file.

Okay, being I didn't know how JSON files worked, I get it now. My thought was something different from that, if not obvious by now.

So unless he somehow magically becomes Chrono in all versions, I get the issue here. Yeah, this actually hurts the leak. Especially since it was the EN_US website. I say "hurts", cause we don't know for sure if they'd do that. Smash isn't a Chrono Trigger game, after all. If in the end they go with his official Japanese name(which is a correct translation from the Katakana), cool. But that casts a lot of doubt on it. It always felt a little unlikely to me, but now it's "probably not real". If he was never spelled Chrono, then this would definitely kill it. Not saying it would be a hard to make thing, but that's why I call it "pretty much a text leak" anyway. Thanks for the information. :)

Yes. But look at what her point was, not just that alone.
Glad to help. Yeah, if they had as some point retconned his American English name to Chrono, I'd have no issue (well, other than the leak probably being fake anyway), but I can't get behind it now. His US name might've been born from a text limitation, but it's official nonetheless. Just like Feraligatr.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's why I call this the Graizen leak.

Here's something he wanted us to see before (back before we knew of Joker).

Notice anything familiar?
Agumon (of couse)
Crono
Banjo

...and what does this leak have?
Agumon
Crono
Banjo

Just swap out Crash and Minecraft Steve for Joker (who we know is in the game now) and Reimu.

He made both of these.
Is this an indication this leak maybe true?

Double K

Smash Lord

@Shishœ
This guy has a Scythe
Better do some Grimmu Reapahs
By the way, that Scythe of his is also an Alien Machine that makes him go into a berserker frenzy by talking in a weird alien language that translates to "Beast Mode activate"

He doesn't get why the sound of dial-up noises is hard for his colleagues to imitate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom