• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nah, the Rin case was basically confirmed to not be a transgirl and is 100% meant to be a gay crossdressing male who ID's as such.

Also he's a ****ing alien
It's still transphobic when the character perpetuates the idea of "tr*ps* and that these men are being "tricked into having sex with other men"

Double K

Smash Lord
It's still transphobic when the character perpetuates the idea of "tr*ps* and that these men are being "tricked into having sex with other men"
Oh I don't deny it, but to attribute Rin as a trans person would be incorrect. If you're gonna dump on something, let's get the **** right!

Shroob

Sup?
Me 5 months ago, "Gee, I can't wait for this speculation cycle to end! Everything will be soo much better when all the debates and arguments ends!"

*5 months later*

"I CHANGED MY MIND I WANT TO GO BACK! WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME, MONKEY'S PAW?!"

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
God, I'm thinking more of the Shanoa moveset and part of me wants to give her the Sonic Dash thingy as a side b but another part of me is saying "STOP YOU GAVE HER AN INTERESTING GIMMICK DON'T LET ONLY A SINGLE SPECIAL MOVE MAKE USE OF YOUR GIMMICK" so I'm trying to think how much I can cheese Magnes as an up b

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aurane Aurane omg is that gif in your sig a reference to the JoJo part 5 dance??

also I tried tagging you and a user named RalseiWithAGun popped up

D

Deleted member

God, I'm thinking more of the Shanoa moveset and part of me wants to give her the Sonic Dash thingy as a side b but another part of me is saying "STOP YOU GAVE HER AN INTERESTING GIMMICK DON'T LET ONLY A SINGLE SPECIAL MOVE MAKE USE OF YOUR GIMMICK" so I'm trying to think how much I can cheese Magnes as an up b
What's her gimmick anyways?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I get why the political talk annoys you but as for the convos regarding LGBTQ issues, a lot of people in this thread are LGBTQ or at least allies, so when something happens that is incredibly insensitive or offensive to that group of people, it's no wonder we talk about it.

Also the reason we talk about drama so much is because we're all gay
Wasn't so much the fact that people are talking about LGBTQ topics, just how frequently they're discussed here.

But in this day and age, it really shouldn't be that surprising to me. So I can't really blame you guys for that.

But I'd be lying if I said I'm not getting tired of this being a daily source of debate (in general not just this thread).

I just let people be whoever they want to be. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Hey since it's the hot new thing why not talk about the Battle Royale game as a newcomer for Smash?

That's right

Tetronimo

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't even want to talk about leaks here
People will for sure want to talk s*** to me
suuuuuuure.jpg

There's a common denominator with every single one of these "leaks" containing Agumon. It's you.

I'm not even going to joke about it. You're always the one introducing these "leaks" or getting someone else to introduce them for you.

I'll spare you the rest of the lecture because you've heard it enough times already. I just felt the need to fact check here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey since it's the hot new thing why not talk about the Battle Royale game as a newcomer for Smash?

That's right

Tetronimo
At this point I would actually be fine with a Tetromino in Smash, Tetris is one of the best selling games of all time and has a pretty big legacy so why not.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wait we're still talking about this one?

It's obviously fake. I don't understand why we're still humoring it.
It's not like we have anything else to discuss related to Smash...

It's basically a waiting game at this point. Might as well entertain ourselves while we wait.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...So it's Chrono exactly like the leak says? Doesn't that just mean that the leak did its research if it's fake? Cause that's exactly what the leak is talking about.

Also, Chrono is 72 in the leak, not 74.
For site display purposes, the spelling should correspond to the regional differences. For example, Isabelle's name is listed as isabelle for en_US, but marie for fr_FR, and canela for es_ES. The general file is 'shizue'. Even if Crono's general file is "chrono", the American English display should be 'crono', as that's the American spelling.

Also the numbers in the JSON file start with 0, count Pokemon Trainer and the Miis as one, and count the echoes as their own numbers. Makes sense, since it's site-based. I'm guessing that probably accounts for the discrepancy. But either way, I'm using the file the leak linked to...

D

Deleted member

Ahh, it’s been a week with my Mrs. Nesbitt avatar, and I feel like a fresh one.
Hit me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's her gimmick anyways?
In Order of Ecclesia you can spend hearts to basically do super versions of your glyphs depending on the combinations, so my idea is to have Shanoa have the ability to cancel most of her moves in to Union versions at the cost of some hearts. Ultimately you'll have a character who can spend resources to rack up damage, increase pressure or kill easier by doing this. Here's all the Unions in the game, and you bet your ass Dominus is gonna be the final smash

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
this is it
the reverse grinch leak
everyone thinks it's fake and then BAM it's real and everyone returns their copy of the game

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Making them an alien is also not a great choice either.

But I'd be lying if I said I'm not getting tried of this being a daily source of debate (in general not just this thread).

I just let people be whoever they want to be. Simple as that.
We'd need people to actually show a willingness to want to understand our issues as well as what they should and should not do in order for the "debate" (our existence and what rights we should have shouldn't even be up for debate) to stop.
Sadly hoping everyone ends up like that is asking for too much, even here.

D

Deleted member

Y'all my Uncle works for Nintendo's owners, workers, friends, nephews Dog and they said that Sakurai is gonna put Red Sword Goku and Backpack Bear in Smash, Trust me it's gonna be glorious.

D

Deleted member

But seriously, this is what the DLC is actually going to be:

#71 Joker (duh)
#72 Yuri Lowell
#73 Amaterasu
#74 Nero Claudius
#75 Sans

Trust me. I went through Sakurai's harddrive.
No I will not prove it.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
For site display purposes, the spelling should correspond to the regional differences. For example, Isabelle's name is listed as isabelle for en_US, but marie for fr_FR, and canela for es_ES. The general file is 'shizue'. Even if Crono's general file is "chrono", the American English display should be 'crono', as that's the American spelling.

Also the numbers in the JSON file start with 0, count Pokemon Trainer and the Miis as one, and count the echoes as their own numbers. Makes sense, since it's site-based. I'm guessing that probably accounts for the discrepancy. But either way, I'm using the file the leak linked to...
The argument is that Crono's name is supposed to be Chrono since that's what they intended it to be originally, and now they're going back and renaming it.

My question is: why isn't Joker referred to as Jack? At this point all of his development files refer to him as Jack, so I'm expecting that's what his name in the files will be since it'd make no sense to suddenly change the names of all the files to Joker. Furthermore, where's Brave?

Wait, you mean to tell me this "leak" is fake?! Surely no one would lie on the internet!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Believe me, honey, I know all about that. But liking a trans woman does not make you gay if you're a man. She's a woman.
In that case it would probably have to be that to some people, just being trans doesn’t genetically alter your gender. I suppose this character must be one of those.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Wasn't the image posted to 4Chan a Mock-Up?

Shroob

Sup?
this is it
the reverse grinch leak
everyone thinks it's fake and then BAM it's real and everyone returns their copy of the game
Suit yourself, Reimu'd be hype as hell for me.

But she's also a 'meme' character on 4chan, so I'm not taking any leak with her seriously at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom