• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
I still think i need to make myself unique. I also need to post more often.
When I joined (like two weeks ago) I thought the same thing.
Then I figured most prominent figures around here mainly just ****post so I stoppen caring about that. Just enjoying the show and verbally fighting everyone who does not agree 100% with my very specific opinions.

Edit: How do I fix this?
Okay nevermind. Just add a ] just before the "I still think"

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So what games besides Ultimate have ya'll been playing lately?
I'm currently on a mission to complete every game on the SNES Classic Mini, which I got for christmas. I'm first getting some of the games I've already completed before out of the way, so I'm currently playing Yoshi's Island after having wrapped up Super Mario World, Kirby Super Star and A Link to the Past.

I'm also playing Digimon World 3 on the side, which is a childhood game I never finished. It's... not very good tbh, only reason I keep going with it is because of nostalgia and the fact that I've already put 13+ hours into it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking about Smash 4's DLC and Ultimate

Ultimate has 6 characters and 5 stages confirmed coming so far while 4 had 7 characters and 10 stages.

This does give me some hope for more stuff coming but it's important to remember that 3 of those characters were veterans and only 4 stages were brand new (5 if you count Miiverse)

Maybe there's hope for returning stages though

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm expecting the mystery 6th stage to be Woolly World rethemed to Crafted World, but beyond that it's probably just the 5 fighter pack stages

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
In terms of returning stage priority:
1. Pac-Maze: Based on the most iconic level in videogame history. Also, without it, the only way of hearing Pac-Man music while fighting is through ****ing Pac-Land. Even if they had to revamp this stage because of 3DS reasons, I'd still consider it to have returned.
2. Rainbow Road: Also based on a highly iconic level. A lot of casual Mario Kart players wouldn't be able to name most levels. But Rainbow Road? It's the one everyone knows, and everyone loves to hate. Plus this level would look great in HD.
3. Jungle Hijinks: I guess there are practical reasons why it didn't return (stage morphing) but it's a shame, as it represented the newer DKC games and was one of the few DK levels based on a recognisable level.
4. Woolly World - This stage was nice on the eyes and I'm not sure why it didn't return.
5. Orbital Gate Assault - Didn't they work on this for a year? Even if it is gimmicky, seems a shame that it's gone.
6. Poke Floats - Much rather we got a new Pokemon stage (not sure why we didn't) but people really seem to love this one (best thing about it is the music tbh), so ...

The rest I'm all indifferent about or are probably redundant. And Rumble Falls can **** right off.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Thinking about Smash 4's DLC and Ultimate

Ultimate has 6 characters and 5 stages confirmed coming so far while 4 had 7 characters and 10 stages.

This does give me some hope for more stuff coming but it's important to remember that 3 of those characters were veterans and only 4 stages were brand new (5 if you count Miiverse)

Orbital Gate Assault and Mute City. Need those.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Poke Floats is pretty overrated imo. It's just a bunch of re-used models as platforms. Looks like an acid trip.
Yeah but imagine an overrated stage with completely original HIGH QUALITY models made specifically for the acid trip!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah but imagine an overrated stage with completely original HIGH QUALITY models made specifically for the acid trip!
I mean, I'm fine with Pokefloats, just kinda overrated imo.
But yeah, give it original models and I'd change my mind.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why did we get fricking Incineror and not this bundle of berry goodness...

I mean she was leaked and all and we know leaks are 100% true

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Poke Floats is just such an unique idea that was never revisited. It's also a meme in the competitive scene but also a fun stage casually due to its layout.

In terms of returning stages I'd love Zebes, Sector Z (it's much larger than Corneria thus it is fun for FFAs/teams), Mute City, Poke Floats, Rainbow Road, Pac-Maze, and Mushroom Kingdom Melee. The rest nah I'm good although I respect the work on Orbital Gate Assault and be fine with that returning for that reason.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Poke Floats is just such an unique idea that was never revisited. It's also a meme in the competitive scene but also a fun stage casually due to its layout.

In terms of returning stages I'd love Zebes, Sector Z (it's much larger than Corneria thus it is fun for FFAs/teams), Mute City, Poke Floats, Rainbow Road, Pac-Maze, and Mushroom Kingdom Melee. The rest nah I'm good although I respect the work on Orbital Gate Assault and be fine with that returning for that reason.
I'd really love to see the Metal Mario stage get revamped and come back as an actual stage you can fight on.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, anyone here the news about Travis Strikes Again's post credit scene?
HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** NO MORE HEROES 3 IS ****ING HAPPENING AFTER ALL!
Certainly interesting.

Also, my image won't appear in my signature. Any help?

Edit: Could a mod please delete? It's working now.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Only stage I want back is Sector Z. I don't care if we already have Corneria, we also have two Pokemon Stadium Stages and like 10 battlefield clones. Sector Z was basically Temple before Temple existed, a big but fun stage to play on. Corneria just isn't the same due to how small it is (and seemingly kept getting smaller as each Smash game went on for some reason)

Planet Zebes would be neat too I guess to round out the Smash 64 line up.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why did we get fricking Incineror and not this bundle of berry goodness...

I mean she was leaked and all and we know leaks are 100% true
No one would have had the heart to Falcon Punch her in the face...

Please stop bashing fire kitty's inclusion. Sakurai chose him for a reason, thanks

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
What do you guys expect in the next Nintendo Direct? I personally hope for:
- Pokémon Gen 8 Info
- Persona Q2 Western release
- Metroid Prime 4 Info, maybe some gameplay
- Pikmin 4 Info
- Piranha Plant release date for Smash Ultimate
- Some new games

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I need some help. When I beat a classic mode, I don't get a fighter spirit. Even when I don't have that characters spirit...

D

Deleted member

:ultpiranha: is probably going to get a gardening simulator before Waluigi gets his own game

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys expect in the next Nintendo Direct? I personally hope for:
- Pokémon Gen 8 Info
- Persona Q2 Western release
- Metroid Prime 4 Info, maybe some gameplay
- Pikmin 4 Info
- Piranha Plant release date for Smash Ultimate
- Some new games
-Piranha Plant Release date + Joker teaser Gameplay + New Character Teaser
-Pokemon Gen 8
-Metroid plz
-AC news
-FOR THE LOVE OF NAGA LITERALLY ANYTHING ABOUT FE THREE HOUSES HOLY **** WHY THE DROUGHT NINTENDO
-I dunno, official Touhous on switch?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I need some help. When I beat a classic mode, I don't get a fighter spirit. Even when I don't have that characters spirit...
If you're using one of the alternate costumes for said character you may not get it. For instance, you can play as RD Ike all you want but you're not going to unlock PoR Ike.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If you're using one of the alternate costumes for said character you may not get it. For instance, you can play as RD Ike all you want but you're not going to unlock PoR Ike.
I'm playing as default skins. Just beat Snake's classic mode and didn't get his spirit.
Edit: Seems I already had his fighter spirit. Probably the reason for the others as well.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm playing as default skins. Just beat Snake's classic mode and didn't get his spirit.
Edit: Seems I already had his fighter spirit. Probably the reason for the others as well.
Yeah you can purchase Fighter Spirits from the in game Shop sometimes. So if you go through there buying up everything that's new you're likely to end up with a good few you didn't realize you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom