• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is going to sound negative, but am I the only one who thinks #AssistAlliance is pretty pointless? There are so many non-playable characters in Smash that it kinda loses its point. "Hey, this 30+ characters deserve to be playable!" doesn't really have a realistic solution.
As someone who really wants Isaac, Shadow, and Starfy in Smash, yeah it seems ultra pointless. Some of the campaigners are kinda rude too, and some really, REALLY, seem to hate Sakurai, and a lot are STILL mad about the Plant.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is going to sound negative, but am I the only one who thinks #AssistAlliance is pretty pointless? There are so many non-playable characters in Smash that it kinda loses its point. "Hey, this 30+ characters deserve to be playable!" doesn't really have a realistic solution.
Hell I even blocked the hashtag on my twitter cause of how often it popped up

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yes it does.
All of them at the same time as a 30+ unit version of Ice Climber.

Very realistic. The most realistic.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think the assist alliance is less to get everyone in but instead to open the flood gate, to show it can happen.

And to generally help build support for wave 2

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On top of that, Assist Alliance only feels as if it cares about just the popular "deserving" requests over the smaller requests. And those smaller requests? "Okay that they're ann assist". Like, NOTHING makes your character more special than other assists, we're all in the same boat, so it's hypocritical to say that characters like Starfy should be an assist, while Isaac and Shadow shouldn't.

And plus, they really need to calm down about the Plant. It's been over 3 months.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think the assist alliance is less to get everyone in but instead to open the flood gate, to show it can happen.

And to generally help build support for wave 2
But it did happen already, with Isabelle and Dark Samus. There's no flood gate.

D

Deleted member

As someone who already has his most wanted characters in, all I can say is that people should chill. It's really not that big of a deal, especially considering that there's a pretty good chance that most of the community will write off your main as nonviable. Which only makes sense when you get such a stupidly large roster of characters.

D

Deleted member

I hate wearing shorts; they never seem to fit, and I find longer pants much more comfortable anyway.
Jeans thoughout Summer and Spring, and tracksuit pants during late-Autumn to Winter.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>implying there's going to be a wave 2
y'all gotta remind me why people even assume there'll be a second fighter's pass when nintendo is historically so one-and-done with their DLC 'waves'

osby

Smash Obsessed
As someone who already has his most wanted characters in, all I can say is that people should chill. It's really not that big of a deal, especially considering that there's a pretty good chance that most of the community will write off your main as nonviable. Which only makes sense when you get such a stupidly large roster of characters.
To be fair, not everyone gives a **** about competitive viability.

I hate wearing shorts; they never seem to fit, and I find longer pants much more comfortable anyway.
Jeans thoughout Summer and Spring, and tracksuit pants during late-Autumn to Winter.
You and me both.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Youngster Ben would like to know your location

osby

Smash Obsessed
y'all gotta remind me why people even assume there'll be a second fighter's pass when nintendo is historically so one-and-done with their DLC 'waves'
Because "there has to be, how else my fave will have more chance of getting in?"

D

Deleted member

The main issue I have with it is that they act as if the only Assists that matter are Isaac, Shadow, Waluigi, etc. I mean, I get that you want your MW to become playable in a supposed wave two, but when your whole "Assist Alliance" thing just revolves around a couple of popular characters, you may as well just support your characters by themselves lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just be like me and accept none of your most wanted are ever making it in.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, not everyone gives a **** about competitive viability.
I certainly don’t, but that doesn’t make it any less annoying to hear about it all the time. Though my thought is more so that people hype up characters more than enjoy them by the time they’re out. I hear more complaining if anything and it can get tiring. It’s amazing to hear people complain that K. Rool is too broken and too weak at once for instance. LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Youngster Joey wants to know your location

Note to self: Read conversation before responding

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The hiccup with that is that would mean that first time users wouldn't post a Welcome Center thread when usually that would be the first thing to do...
I've never seen new users on the Welcome Center. They just bumble straight onto the General Discussion board and make threads that belong on other parts of the site and/or are completely redundant.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've never seen new users on the Welcome Center. They just bumble straight onto the General Discussion board and make threads that belong on other parts of the site and/or are completely redundant.
Solution: Ban all new users immediately.

D

Deleted member

There's a welcome center???

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Solution: Ban all users except for pranked users because we're genetically superior
This marked the beginning of the most destructive war known to SBoardia. The population was fractured into several factions based solely on the color of their name. As in other stories, the blue ones are the most important and **** everyone else.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I don't feel comfortable with the current progression...
How does a giraffe survive in the oncomming race war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom