• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is going to sound negative, but am I the only one who thinks #AssistAlliance is pretty pointless? There are so many non-playable characters in Smash that it kinda loses its point. "Hey, this 30+ characters deserve to be playable!" doesn't really have a realistic solution.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Because it feels lonely and wants to make new friends.

Hi Thread title!
[Insert that one gif of Fawful Waving to the audience I Just can't find]
Did you know at one point the old thread had my name in its title for a brief period of time?

"Ultimate General Discussion: Zinith Killed the Pineapple Star"

Yes, that actually happened :yoshi:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Did you know at one point the old thread had my name in its title for a brief period of time?

"Ultimate General Discussion: Zinith Killed the Pineapple Star"

Yes, that actually happened :yoshi:
What is the Pineapple Star and what did he ever do to you?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Honestly....

Hmm, I'm sure myself what that was all about. Something about pineapple on pizza being in the title, then not and I was the one who pointed that out... :yoshi:
Because to me it sounds like a parody of Video Killed the Radio Star but with 1 syllable too few.

Now if it were Yoshi Man Killed the Pineapple Star...

D

Deleted member

Sometimes it feels like how the thread is right now has become an uncommon occurrence. A few people sitting around disscusing Smash and series related to it with no unnecessary arguments or anything like that.

I wish this thread was like this more often.

D

Deleted member

Believe it or not, the Wind Waker had an even BIGGER impact on me than the GBA Yoshi's Island as it got me to switch from PlayStation to Nintendo full-time
Well, there are a few, but i think P5, Touhou 10(My first one) and Kingdom Hearts 2 are the big ones.
I know this sounds pretty cliché, but Pokèmon Sun. What? It’s not like I can play any crap I want. That was what introduced me to the gaming scene, Nintendo, and I fell in love with the whole thing immediately. And then there’s Smash, which has massively effected my life. .
Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Hopefully when I’m older I will have played a wider variety of impactful games.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What is a game you’ve played that changed your life?
I think I know what Zinith Zinith ’s will be. . :troll:
Persona 3. Not the best game I've ever played, but I don't know any other game that made me seriously contemplate about my life. It also introduced me to Persona, which is one of my most long-term fandoms.

D

Deleted member

This is going to sound negative, but am I the only one who thinks #AssistAlliance is pretty pointless? There are so many non-playable characters in Smash that it kinda loses its point. "Hey, this 30+ characters deserve to be playable!" doesn't really have a realistic solution.
On top of that I think the characters that would make pretty good characters already have very local fans anyway.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I think the most fitting answer here would be Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness...
Aside from the fact that it's the most emotional story I've ever experienced, it has a very personal meaning to me.

My father always tried to get me into his music, which was a mixture of Classical music (he sings in an opera choir), 60's/70's pop (from his Childhood) and modern pop ("That's what's popular right now but you don't know that because you don't care about the world around you!") Which was all boring as ****.

My Friends all listened to Rap which I despised.

I never really got into music because Noone around me played stuff I liked and I didn't feel like searching for my taste.
I Just accepted I didn't like music.

Untill PMD.
Concealed Ruins, Amp Plains, Defy the Legends, Palkia's Outrage, Fated battle, Boulder Quarry and most importantly: Dialga's Final Fight!

I Discovered there was music I liked!
My interest in Video Game Music grew and I started harvesting my collection of games for good songs.

Years later, other Friends heard my playlist and introduced me to Snarky Puppy, a funk fusion jazz band whose style was very complementary to what music I liked and through that, another 3 years later today, people know me as the Guy that always listened to Jazz. I've been to several concerts and my most prized possession is a Cd signed by Bill Laurence.

So yeah. Explorers of Darkness changed my life

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I feel obliged to gush about Majora's Mask, but I should probably give credit to the game that introduced me to Zelda and to Nintendo games (except for Pokemon Yellow/Gold, which were the only ones I played before it) more generally:

EDIT: To this day, I've still never actually played the Four Swords part of the port...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yes, but then again.
online petitions exist.
So hey, whatever floats people's boats.

Shroob

Sup?
Yes, but then again.
online petitions exist.
So hey, whatever floats people's boats.
95% of the time, online petitions do nothing.
4% of the time, they actually make a difference

1% of the time we get denied Sweet Victory at the Superbowl despite hinting it since January.

(In hindsight this should have been 100% of the time but **** it, too late now)

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
1% of the time we get denied Sweet Victory at the Superbowl despite hinting it since January.
So there was a response petition to ban the Superbowl which I'm tempted to sign.
(Mostly because they don't even play Football)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom