• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Dimentio for Smash or riot

And by riot I mean super mild disappointment

KMDP

Smash Legend
We have a third Sonic Adventure game and i's called Unleashed.
Sonic Adventure 3: Heroes
Sonic Adventure 3.5: Shadow
Sonic Adventure 4: '06
Sonic Adventure 5: Unleashed

Checkmate!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
KH3 was the #2 of Jan 2019 game sold on XBox one beat by RE2 and was the #1 of Jan 2019 sold game on PS4 followed up by RE2

and was #1 in the top 20 best selling games of Jan 2019 again, beating RE2

The fact KH3 was so popular makes me happy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the unused Ditto evolution from that rediscovered Pokemon Gold/Silver beta, that evolved with the Metal Coat. :088:
Oh, that. I wonder what it would have done?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We talkin' Sanic?

I personally have always had the hot take that SA1 is the best one of two. Both games, however, are...kinda bad. I enjoy them a ton, but they aren't very good, and have aged horribly.

Except for the Chao Garden. The biz will always be amazing.

D

Deleted member

If we do not get Shovel Knight at EVO 2020 they'll be officially cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just a reminder sense the first time I posted this was at 3 in the morning. I posted a starting concept for a crossover fighting game between DC Comics and Shonen Jump over in the Light House. Please go check it out if you are interested.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's the unused Ditto evolution from that rediscovered Pokemon Gold/Silver beta, that evolved with the Metal Coat. :088:
Oh, that. I wonder what it would have done?
It would have been pretty neat if the Ditto evolution (can't remember it's actual name and I can't be asked to look it up right now) could transform into other Pokémon, but always applied Steel-type to it's typing where logical (like if it transforms into Venusaur it's Grass/Steel instead of Grass/Poison).

osby

Smash Obsessed

Checkmate!
The joke is it's originally called "World Adventure"

We talkin' Sanic?

I personally have always had the hot take that SA1 is the best one of two. Both games, however, are...kinda bad. I enjoy them a ton, but they aren't very good, and have aged horribly.

Except for the Chao Garden. The biz will always be amazing.
I genuinely think story book games and Unleashed are better 3D Sonic games but I'm sure saying this counts as herecy in Sonic fandom.

D

Deleted member

Checkmate!
And let’s not forget
Sonic adventure 6: colors
Sonic adventure 7: generations
Sonic adventure 8: lost world
Sonic adventure rise of lyric (the prequel to adventures)
And Sonic adventure 9: forces

D

Deleted member

I genuinely think story book games and Unleashed are better 3D Sonic games but I'm sure saying this counts as herecy in Sonic fandom.
Ooooooh...dunno if I can agree with that one. I haaaated Sonic and the Secret Rings as a kid, lol. Black Knight is...okay, for what it is. Unleashed is cool on the Wii.

To each their own, though! Happy to see someone like 'em. Most unpopular Sonic opinion I think I have is that I like Sonic Chronicles and replay it often.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The joke is it's originally called "World Adventure"
Oh, I know.
I only ever played Secret Rings of the two Story Book games (and it was a while ago at that), it wasn't terrible by any means.

Unleashed was a good game, at the very least it's far more stable than Adventure 1.
See I know you're joking but I'm already pissed off because Smash fans believe this with their "Doy hoy Smash 4 on 3DS is actually Smash 5" malarkey
Sakurai himself actually considers Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U to be Smash 4 and 5.

osby

Smash Obsessed
See I know you're joking but I'm already pissed off because Smash fans believe this with their "Doy hoy Smash 4 on 3DS is actually Smash 5" malarkey
Tbf, you get pissed whenever people call that game/s anything other than Smash 4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey Guys look!

It’s the 2nd fighters pass character!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Sakurai himself actually considers Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U to be Smash 4 and 5.
Sakurai said a lot of bs in his life and thought tripping was a good mechanic I don't know if we should trust his word on this.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sakurai said a lot of bs in his life and thought tripping was a good mechanic I don't know if we should trust his word on this.
If we can't trust the guy who made the games about what the series numbering is, who can we trust?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, I know.

I only ever played Secret Rings of the two Story Book games (and it was a while ago at that), it wasn't terrible by any means.

Unleashed was a good game, at the very least it's far more stable than Adventure 1.

Meanwhile Miyamoto is convinced Star Fox Zero needed those godawful controls and Eiji Aonuma considers Zelda a franchise that has a well-thought-out timelin, game developers like to pretend sometimes even if they're wrong

osby

Smash Obsessed
We should enlighten ourselves with the knowledge coming from the one who knows Smash better than its creator:

random people with internet connection

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Meanwhile Miyamoto is convinced Star Fox Zero needed those godawful controls and Eiji Aonuma considers Zelda a franchise that has a well-thought-out timelin, game developers like to pretend sometimes even if they're wrong
This kind of stuff is why Nintendo needs to step out of their bubble more. If they had more contact with the outside world before they try to sell something, they’d realize how many of their “fun innovations” are actually horrible design choices.

D

Deleted member

What's the point in making those games as similar to each other as possible, to the point where a fan favourite character was cut because it wouldn't work on the 3DS, and then deciding that they're separate games?

D

Deleted member

If we can't trust the guy who made the games about what the series numbering is, who can we trust?
Because Sakurai isn't perfect and if he thinks Smash Wii U is Smash 5 then he fails to understand what constitutes a different game.
Different stages and one different game mode a new game does not make.

Pokemon versions aren't 2 different games. Twilight Princess on the Wii isn't a new game.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't MK9.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because Sakurai isn't perfect and if he thinks Smash Wii U is Smash 5 then he fails to understand what constitutes a different game.
Different stages and one different game mode a new game does not make.

Pokemon versions aren't 2 different games. Twilight Princess on the Wii isn't a new game.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't MK9.
Technically speaking Mario Kart 8 isn't the 8th Mario Kart either

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hate to break it to y'all, but it's actually Smash For Red and Smash For Blue. At least in the West.
It's Smash For Red and Smash For Green in Japan.

Ultimate is Smash For Yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom