• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So is this what we're doing now
okay then
I want Zoe Petshop, Unikitty LEGO Movie, and Doom Kitty Rubygloom in Smash
Too bad that they're all not gonna be in because they aren't video game characters
Meanwhile REAL chads like Lightning Mcqueen got this:
2166b5a.jpg

D

Deleted member

Wasn't the raid on Earth Colony K-2L practically genocide?

Granted, the goal was to loot the place, but Ridley pretty much ordered the pirates to murder anyone they could seek out.

Not that I really care to go into who's the more "evil" character per say, as it's subjective morality (is murder worse than other bad stuffsakes and whatnot) and depends heavily on the circumstances of the canon, but Ridley's murdering sprees are pretty dang canon.

Basically, if you want a good insight on Ridley's character, read the Metroid manga. It's canon after all, and he pretty much steals the show when he's around.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Wait a second Phaaze was the SOURCE of all Phazon while Dark Samus is a Metroid corrupted by Phazon who then took the Phazon Suit. Is... Is Dark Samus ALSO possessed? Does this mean Phaaze was who we were fighting throughout the trilogy? Holy **** this is NOT the kind of realization I expected to have today
Lorewise,
The leviathans were sent out by Phaaze to spread it's mind-controlling goo to add whole civilisations to its mind-hive. Victims keep their conciousness but are forced to Obey orders by the phazon.
Every Leviathan attracts the most dangerous predator around and corrupts and upgrades it to protect its core. Metroid Prime is the only one of these that wasn't killed by Samus when she blew up the Leviathan by fusing to her Phazon-resistent Suit to become Dark Samus. In later games it seems like Dark Samus is some form of leader in Phaaze's army.
Wether you want to believe Dark Samus is mind controlled or actually represents Phaaze's conciousness, she is definitely sentient and very evil

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine that SEGA has owned the F-Zero Ip all this time since GX launched. That would not only explain the franchise’s death, but also imply that Captain Falcon has appeared in every Smash game after Melee just because SEGA was involved on them and allowed Nintendo to keep him in the roster.

BUT JDC! What about Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Maker?
Those games also feature Sonic content, so it makes sense.

And the Nintendo Land minigame?
That was just a “Geno in Superstar Saga” scenario.

What about the GBA games released after GX then?
Those were just Nintendo pulling a “King Kong Escapes” with the property using the anime as an excuse to hold the Ip for a bit longer.

D

Deleted member

Imagine that SEGA has owned the F-Zero Ip all this time since GX launched. That would not only explain the franchise’s death, but also imply that Captain Falcon has appeared in every Smash game after Melee just because SEGA was involved on them and allowed Nintendo to keep him in the roster.

Those were just Nintendo pulling a “King Kong Escapes” with the property using the anime as an excuse to hold the Ip for a bit longer.
G a l a x y B r a i n

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Considering Falcon was planned from the get go in Brawl while Sonic was last minute development hell - no.

D

Deleted member

I mean, he makes a lot of sacrifices, but the movie shows how they aren't "real" like Gamora screaming about how it isn't real love but abusive, awful, manipulative love. He's awful in that he feels bad about dropping Gamora, but tortures Nebula without a second thought. He's meant to be a manipulative ******* and not sympathized with. The movie showcases his "sacrifice" as a major part not to let us feel bad for him, but to highlight why the heroes lost: they couldn't make the sacrifices like Thanos could. Loki couldn't let Thor die, Gamora couldn't let Nebula get tortured for all eternity, and the Avengers were refusing to kill Vision until the last second.

At least, that's how I interpreted the movie's intent. Maybe it's all meant to be interpreted a different way, idk
There are many ways to interpret a story but you can still see the intent behind it through other elements beyond the story. It's important to take it in consideration how it's presented.
Gamora may scream all she wants but the universe considered Thanos's "love" for her real as it focused on his teared eyes and made it out to be his greatest sacrifice as the camera switched to slow motion so Thanos could be rewarded for all of this.
Thanos is willing to sacrifice others for his goals but the heroes aren't, that's the conflict in the movie. The movie paints his goal as noble and logical but the means don't justify the ends which is why he's the villain. The movie justifies his genocide on Gamora's planet because he says things are better now and no one refutes or questions him, they just accept he's right.

Applying Neo-Malthusian values on the entire universe is not a moral dilemma, regardless of the killing, it won't succeed what it's attempting to do but the movie simply ignores that.

Anthony Higgs didn't die though.
Nah, he did

D

Deleted member

shoot
He's got you there, JD. Your entire theory kinda just... crumbled.
sorry man
Hold on a minute.
SEGA wanted to get Sonic in Smash since Melee... So they could have allowed Nintendo to keep him from the get-go in Brawl as a way to convince the Smash team about including Sonic.

Well also the fact Nintendo renews the license every now and then too.
Don’t kill the joke so fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There are many ways to interpret a story but you can still see the intent behind it through other elements beyond the story. It's important to take it in consideration how it's presented.
Gamora may scream all she wants but the universe considered Thanos's "love" for her real as it focused on his teared eyes and made it out to be his greatest sacrifice as the camera switched to slow motion so Thanos could be rewarded for all of this.
Thanos is willing to sacrifice others for his goals but the heroes aren't, that's the conflict in the movie. The movie paints his goal as noble and logical but the means don't justify the ends which is why he's the villain. The movie justifies his genocide on Gamora's planet because he says things are better now and no one refutes or questions him, they just accept he's right.

Applying Neo-Malthusian values on the entire universe is not a moral dilemma, regardless of the killing, it won't succeed what it's attempting to do but the movie simply ignores that.

Nah, he did
Are you thinking of Adam? Because Anthony lived through the game.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I started playing Mother 3 with a fan-translation in Spanish.
At the moment I am in the part where the forest is under fire and you are attacked by some kind of weird flies.

It plays nice and looks dope, although I have trouble with a thing present in Earthbound too: the mechanic where certain hits make you lose energy until you die.

I always die because of it and I don’t know how to deal with it, so any help with that would be nice.
Besides that, it is looking like the masterpiece everyone told me it was.

D

Deleted member

Dude.

It's a Nintendo console made to look like a normal-*** non-anthropomorphic dog.
And it's in a wedding dress.

Those are some alarm bells going off.
ugh. humans.
Okay, jokes aside, I do get what you're saying.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why are all the female designs for MK 11 so bad?

They all look like men...

D

Deleted member

It's weird. They oftenmost wear the outfit of a stripper but have the jawline of a dude. Almost always.

Not to mention the hip area almost always looks awkward.

As a dude that enjoys fanservice more often than not, me liking Mortal Kombat definitely doesn't have anything to do with these weird attempts of pandering to my sexuality.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Ganondorf didn't commit genocide for ya'll to say the anorexic space dragon is more evil
Ohh oohh, are you talking about who is more evil?
What about someone that steals people from other universes and timelines, then brainwash them, then commits genocide?
a7e4da328e264383ed54d97f808ee7bf.gif

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

It was worse in MK9
Just seems to be their graphical style.

They keep the designs close to realism to make the gore more impactful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom