• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Have you seen how gladly he murders? I will not accept the media coverage from Space Pirates Weekly as evidence that he isn't the biggest prick out there

I bet these people think the earth is flat and are convinced that Spanish garlic is actually Chinese garlic that was cleaned with bleach
Or, just like many people who say the earth is flat, they're just making a joke.

D

Deleted member

Have you seen how gladly he murders? I will not accept the media coverage from Space Pirates Weekly as evidence that he isn't the biggest prick out there

I bet these people think the earth is flat and are convinced that Spanish garlic is actually Chinese garlic that was cleaned with bleach
Murder does not equal genocide.
Here's the people he killed canonically:
-One unidentified human male
-One unidentified human female
-Remember me guy
That's it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Remember me guy
That's it.
SOMEONE hasn't read the manga, though if that's so sure, show me camera footage of Ganondorf killing all these people
Or, just like many people who say the earth is flat, they're just making a joke.
I bet you're in one the garlic conspiracy too you smelly bird

D

Deleted member

Name ONE time Ridley commited genocide.

Actually, you might be confusing him with the other purple man which speaking of which(SMOOTH TRANSITION)
Thanos is a terribly written villain and here's why:
https://mythcreants.com/blog/making-sympathetic-antagonists-and-why-thanos-wasnt-one/
you already saw this but this is for the other nerds in the thread
I never really thought Thanos was supposed to be sympathetic tbh, I mean he literally tortures Nebula and kills Gamora and dusts half the universe while beating the **** out of our favorite heroes and making them not feel so good. He's also literally called the Mad Titan.

He's not supposed to be sympathetic, he's obviously taking what he THOUGHT would work on Titan and is using that as a justification for the atrocities he's commiting. It's an interesting take imo

(I didn't read the blog post because it's not loading tbh so if there's stuff in there that completely and utterly destroys my argument the whoops)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

In the comics, Thanos kills species and planets just to impress Death.
I’m not kidding.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Who's the most evil character in smash?
:ultdarksamus:is the only one here who conquered and enslaved multiple planets, Mindcontrolling anyone and everyone and essentially giving any subject that she can't use cancer through these means...
And people are debating wether :ultganondorf:comitting genocide or :ultridley:having fun while killing films is more evil.

Amateurs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
:ultdarksamus:is the only one here who conquered and enslaved multiple planets, Mindcontrolling anyone and everyone and essentially giving any subject that she can't use cancer through these means...
And people are debating wether :ultganondorf:comitting genocide or :ultridley:having fun while killing films is more evil.

Amateurs
Dark Samus is literally a parasite so it's up for debate if parasites have morality

D

Deleted member

Amateurs
Ridley committed Genocide and became the one controlling Zebes as a whole doh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dark Samus is the sentience of Phaaze right?
She's the personified urge of a planet to spread it's...
Oh my god Damus is Ego!
Wait a second Phaaze was the SOURCE of all Phazon while Dark Samus is a Metroid corrupted by Phazon who then took the Phazon Suit. Is... Is Dark Samus ALSO possessed? Does this mean Phaaze was who we were fighting throughout the trilogy? Holy **** this is NOT the kind of realization I expected to have today

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

Guys wait
the most evil character in Smash is :ultmiifighters: because you can make it whoever you want

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Reminder that the end game for Harverst Moon A/nother Wonderful Life is you die before your husband/wife and Son/Daughter.
And before four old men and one old woman that should have been dead about 20-40 years before you did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He killed Samus’s species in Zebes and made the Space Pirates take control of the planet.
Samus survived thanks to a lot of luck and the Chozos.
Two humans a genocide do not make
SOMEONE hasn't read the manga, though if that's so sure, show me camera footage of Ganondorf killing all these people

I bet you're in one the garlic conspiracy too you smelly bird
The manga is obviously anti-Ridley propaganda
I never really thought Thanos was supposed to be sympathetic tbh, I mean he literally tortures Nebula and kills Gamora and dusts half the universe while beating the **** out of our favorite heroes and making them not feel so good. He's also literally called the Mad Titan.

He's not supposed to be sympathetic, he's obviously taking what he THOUGHT would work on Titan and is using that as a justification for the atrocities he's commiting. It's an interesting take imo

(I didn't read the blog post because it's not loading tbh so if there's stuff in there that completely and utterly destroys my argument the whoops)
Thanos is clearly MEANT to be sympathetic. It isn't just the Russo Brothers saying that, it's the movie focusing on his "emotions" and "sacrifices" he has to make and all that ****. The whole movie paints him in that specific light and while it's always possible to take another interpretation than intended(see: Unintenionally Sympathetic/Unsympathetic), it's still very clear what the intent of the story was.

D

Deleted member

Two humans a genocide do not make

The manga is obviously anti-Ridley propaganda

Thanos is clearly MEANT to be sympathetic. It isn't just the Russo Brothers saying that, it's the movie focusing on his "emotions" and "sacrifices" he has to make and all that ****. The whole movie paints him in that specific light and while it's always possible to take another interpretation than intended(see: Unintenionally Sympathetic/Unsympathetic), it's still very clear what the intent of the story was.
I mean, he makes a lot of sacrifices, but the movie shows how they aren't "real" like Gamora screaming about how it isn't real love but abusive, awful, manipulative love. He's awful in that he feels bad about dropping Gamora, but tortures Nebula without a second thought. He's meant to be a manipulative asshole and not sympathized with. The movie showcases his "sacrifice" as a major part not to let us feel bad for him, but to highlight why the heroes lost: they couldn't make the sacrifices like Thanos could. Loki couldn't let Thor die, Gamora couldn't let Nebula get tortured for all eternity, and the Avengers were refusing to kill Vision until the last second.

At least, that's how I interpreted the movie's intent. Maybe it's all meant to be interpreted a different way, idk

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
-Remember me guy
That's it.

Anthony Higgs didn't die though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, he makes a lot of sacrifices, but the movie shows how they aren't "real" like Gamora screaming about how it isn't real love but abusive, awful, manipulative love. He's awful in that he feels bad about dropping Gamora, but tortures Nebula without a second thought. He's meant to be a manipulative ******* and not sympathized with. The movie showcases his "sacrifice" as a major part not to let us feel bad for him, but to highlight why the heroes lost: they couldn't make the sacrifices like Thanos could. Loki couldn't let Thor die, Gamora couldn't let Nebula get tortured for all eternity, and the Avengers were refusing to kill Vision until the last second.

At least, that's how I interpreted the movie's intent. Maybe it's all meant to be interpreted a different way, idk
I doubt you are meant to sympathize with him as much as understand him. Movie shows his motivations and thought process clearly. You don't have to approve him (vice versa), but he's not "for the evulz" like some badly written villains.
At least that's what I got.

Anthony Higgs didn't die though.
Sometimes it feels like I still can hear his voice...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I found this fanart of Chrom Fire Emblem and I love it so much
bmwtxg8qdfh21.jpg

Credit to Kaejunni on Reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom