• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
It´s been scientifically proved that Eurobeat improves the listener´s overall performance in everything they are doing at the moment by 25%. Trust me, im a scientist.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Am I the only one that prefers Smash 4’s character icons? Something about using the original render and the black outline was really cool in my opinion. I like the new ones but I wasn’t as impressed as the previous ones.

So I decided to make my own
Well, I didn’t like the Smash 4 icons because they were literally ripped straight from the renders.:4mario::4dk::4link:

I gotta say though, I miss the Melee style stock icons because those were completely hand drawn and made from scratch.:mariomelee::dkmelee::linkmelee:

I’m so glad Ultimate has brought back 2D icons again.:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
When looking for images for Pakkun lizards from Mana for a different thread, I found that only VG screenshots, OC fanart, or vore art exists. There's no official art and that's unacceptable!!! :yoshi:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bored, here some Spirit Battles for some strong Personas:

Surt: You fight against a giant, red :ultganondorf: equipped with Fire Bar in Norfair. The enemy breathes fire.
Cybele: You fight against a blue :ultpalutena: in the Omega form of the Temple. The enemy is equipped with Killing Edge and gradually heals.
Mother Harlot: Team Battle against a giant, red :ultridley: and red :ultbayonetta1: in Reset Bomb Forest. You take damage over time.

D

Deleted member

If you could make a fighting game using only 9 franchises from video games, comic books, or anime/manga, which ones would you choose?

D

Deleted member

Zinith Zinith , I’ve been reading about Birdo, and would Birdo be considered a male, female, non-binary, or. .?

D

Deleted member

If you could make a fighting game using only 9 franchises from video games, comic books, or anime/manga, which ones would you choose?
I’d combine
Castlevania
Doom
Mortal Kombat
Killer Instinct
Some Marvel characters such as Ghost Rider
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Devil May Cry
God of War
Bayonetta

This roster was inspired by my favorite characters to play as within fighting games in general. For instance, in MvC I always preffered to play the demon based characters such as the DMC characters, Shuma Gorath, Blackheart, Dormammu etc. The gameplay would definitely be really fast and combo heavy like in marvel vs capcom, but more violent and gory of course. Because I'm a damn edge lord. LMAO But yes, once I figure out the roster this line up will make more sense even though you might already see plenty of connections between some of these franchises.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 has it.
. . Does that make Yoshi gay?
Birdo may have the most controversy but Yoshi's gender and reproduction cycle is just plain confusing. [see Snake's Codec]

All we know about the relationship between Birdo and Yoshi is that they're doubles partners in Tennis, which doesn't even really mean they're friends. There have been a lot of Tennis players who are good in doubles but can't stand each other off the court.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Birdo may have the most controversy but Yoshi's gender and reproduction cycle is just plain confusing. [see Snake's Codec]

All we know about the relationship between Birdo and Yoshi is that they're doubles partners in Tennis, which doesn't even really mean they're friends. There have been a lot of Tennis players who are good in doubles but can't stand each other off the court.
Well they did nuzzle each other in Tennis 64 and they are referred to as a couple in the Japanese site of Double Dash (where Birdo is called "Catherine" btw)

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Marvel
Star Wars
Legion (technically Marvel-owned but they went miles away from the source material)
Dr. Who
James Bond
Mario & Luigi (the rpg's. Not treated as part of Mario by Miyamoto)
Metroid
Gravity Falls
Young Justice (Specifically the Young Justice versions of DC characters)

D

Deleted member

Isn't Yoshi a boy? If he likes Birdo, that makes him straight.
Nope. Birdo is still a woman so if he likes her then Yoshi would at the very least be attracted to women
Yeah, Birdo is female, but once was, or kind of is a male. .
If Yoshi is aware of this, does that make him mainly attracted to females, but also bisexual maybe?
And does that make Birdo kind of homosexual too?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, Birdo is female, but once was, or kind of is a male. .
If Yoshi is aware of this, does that make him mainly attracted to females, but also bisexual maybe?
And does that make Birdo kind of homosexual too?
Birdo was once male but identifies/is female.
Regardless of if Yoshi is aware of it, it makes him attracted to women, the latter can be theorized but has no evidence, using Birdo's identity as a transwoman as evidence Yoshi might like men is offensive to trans people. Judging by your age and constant questions I can tell this isn't your intention and that you're very new to this.
If a transwoman likes men, then that's heterosexuality. Gender and sexual prefences aren't mutually exclusive, if Birdo was homosexual, then she's be sexually attracted to women

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Regardless of if Yoshi is aware of it, it makes him attracted to women, the latter can be theorized but has no evidence, using Birdo's identity as a transwoman as evidence Yoshi might like men is offensive to trans people. Judging by your age and constant questions I can tell this isn't your intention and that you're very new to this.
If a transwoman likes men, then that's heterosexuality. Gender and sexual prefences aren't mutually exclusive, if Birdo was homosexual, then she's be sexually attracted to women
So all this actually proves is that Yoshi is an upstanding and progressive Guy!
Neat!

D

Deleted member

I considered the fact that what I was saying may have been offensive, but I believe we can look at it in a more grounded fashion.
This is becoming progressively more complicated. . Thanks though. :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Birdo, now that Isabelle proved that Semi-clones are still a thing, I wonder if she'll ever be added to Smash as a Yoshi-Semi.

Replace the Egg Lay with a Vaccum attack and alter the trajectory on Egg Toss.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I considered the fact that what I was saying may have been offensive, but I believe we can look at it in a more grounded fashion.
This is becoming progressively more complicated. . Thanks though. :)
Here's the trick. If someone is trans, in this case, Birdo, then that person is the gender they identify with, meaning Birdo is a woman. It's tricky to talk about sometimes due to people yelling "My magic book says people like that are evil" all the time and **** though. And wait till you hear about intersex people, betcha didn't learn that in school

D

Deleted member

Here's the trick. If someone is trans, in this case, Birdo, then that person is the gender they identify with, meaning Birdo is a woman. It's tricky to talk about sometimes due to people yelling "My magic book says people like that are evil" all the time
I see now, thank you. Far right-wing Christians really need to get a grip and consider how hurtful what they’re saying is.
And wait till you hear about intersex people, betcha didn't learn that in school
The Internet will soon take care of that. :estatic:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Speaking of Birdo, now that Isabelle proved that Semi-clones are still a thing, I wonder if she'll ever be added to Smash as a Yoshi-Semi.

Replace the Egg Lay with a Vaccum attack and alter the trajectory on Egg Toss.
That would leave room for a Boshi Echo at least :yoshi:

Anyways, do you think she'd have a normal grab unlike my boi?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I always assumed Birdos and Yoshis were a gender fluid species. Like clownfishes, ya know?
Well we only know of the one Birdo for now...

And as for Yoshis? The way I realistically see it is that egg-making is just a natural weapon and doesn't indicate actual reproduction. The only thing that really points to that is the NES Yoshi game..... which is a strange game on it's own :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Cough
Moving on from the storm I started. .
Anyone have anything interesting to discuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom