• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaiTheGuy04

Banned via Warnings
I really don't know if making an alt immediately after getting banned is a good idea. I'd just follow through on the ban and make everything up when it expires...
I had this alt for a while, in case I needed to abandon the old account. I'm not quite sure why I was banned, as I didn't have 6 infractions (Only two).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Personally I think that's too limiting from a narrative perspective. Obviously any killing shouldn't be done willy-nilly, but I think it can be done well.
Except that’s not what heroes should be. Heroes are supposed to be the good we all aspire to. That always do the right thing even if it’s the hard thing. Did you know that studies have shown that families of victims usually don’t feel better if the killer is executed? No matter what the context, killing people is always the wrong thing to do. It makes you no better than the villains you protect people from. It’s not justice.

And yes, I am a diehard Mortsl Kombat fan and still use fatalities when I play. That’s different. For one, in the actual cannon story very few of the heroes are actual murderers. In MK9 Johnny Cage specifically refuses when told to. Notice how you almost never perform a fatality after a fight in the story mode? Only in the non-cannon modes like vs. and arcade. And any killing in the story is always portrayed as having dire concequences that could have been avoided if the characters showed Mercy. I think that might be the moral the story is building up too actually. The villains kill, but they’re the villains. They’re evil.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember when I used to cause drama in the NintenZone 6.0 thread, and I probably only got one or two infractions for it. :lol:
The moderators were very merciful on me, and I am thankful for that.
People still dislike me to this day because of me back then. :/

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Honestly I do feel bored now. Perhaps there's something of interest to think of besides my usual thoughts? Topics of sorts? (I really gotta stop being bored these days) I suppose I'm probably asking so I don't feel left out all the time, or I can improve communication capabilities.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No matter what the context, killing people is always the wrong thing to do. It makes you no better than the villains you protect people from. It’s not justice.
That's ridiculous.
Context is everything, and it defines the morality of the decisions people have to make.

D

Deleted member

Except that’s not what heroes should be. Heroes are supposed to be the good we all aspire to. That always do the right thing even if it’s the hard thing. Did you know that studies have shown that families of victims usually don’t feel better if the killer is executed? No matter what the context, killing people is always the wrong thing to do. It makes you no better than the villains you protect people from. It’s not justice.

And yes, I am a diehard Mortsl Kombat fan and still use fatalities when I play. That’s different. For one, in the actual cannon story very few of the heroes are actual murderers. In MK9 Johnny Cage specifically refuses when told to. Notice how you almost never perform a fatality after a fight in the story mode? Only in the non-cannon modes like vs. and arcade. And any killing in the story is always portrayed as having dire concequences that could have been avoided if the characters showed Mercy. I think that might be the moral the story is building up too actually. The villains kill, but they’re the villains. They’re evil.
I absolutely hate killing IRL too, but context is everything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's ridiculous.
Context is everything, and it defines the morality of the decisions people have to make.
I absolutely hate killing IRL too, but context is everything.

Agreed. Context is very important. But I have never seen a single situation in fiction or in reality where killing someone has lead to a positive outcome. At least, one that couldn’t also be accomplished by lifetime imprisonments. And let’s be real here, There are fates far worse than death.

Either way, it’s not something that our SUPERHEROES, our ultimate embodiments of truth and justice, the ideals that we should all strive to replicate, should be doing. There’s always another way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am I not cool enough?
When I try to be cool, I just end up being like this:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Smashboards: Some days discussing the importance of gay marriage and the morality of circumstantial killings, other days discussing whose anime girlfriend is the bestest.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Agreed. Context is very important. But I ave never seen a single situation in fiction or in reality where killing someone has lead to a positive outcome. At least, one that couldn’t also be accomplished by lifetime imprisonments. And let’s be real here, There are fates far worse than death.
Then honestly, you haven't seen enough of fiction or reality in which case the killing of an evil person is the only effecttive solution. Either that or you've somehow justified to yourself that literally every instance of such was somehow unavoidable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smashboards: Some days discussing the importance of gay marriage and the morality of circumstantial killings, other days discussing whose anime girlfriend is the bestest.
I'm Bye-Sexual cause people saying bye t- [this user has been banned]

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then honestly, you haven't seen enough of fiction or reality in which case the killing of an evil person is the only effecttive solution. Either that or you've somehow justified to yourself that literally every instance of such was somehow unavoidable.
Name 5. Give me five examples where you had to kill the evil person and you couldn’t have just locked them up for their entire life.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Or all days, I talk about that one thing I am most comfortable talking about...

Manga recommendations!!!

Yoshi manga when?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Why do all the weird discussions happen when I'm not around. Does my presence hold the madness at bay or something?

D

Deleted member

Don't get me wrong, I hate killing.
Sparing everyone is hard though. :<

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I’m trying to go something of a no-kill mortality in my own stories as well but I also want to explore the ramifications and consequences of going either way.

However I must ask this, what would your stance be on the possibility that there is absolutely no chance for redemption on their end?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You really think we couldn’t have just locked him up for threat of his life? The mofo was already dieing he was so old and sick. Plus the ******* took his own life.
I have decided to steer this discussion firmly out of that territory.
I now would like to introduce this:
In mass shooting scenarios, is killing not necessary? If the killer has a gun, would you rather just try to get him to surrender, hoping he doesn't just shoot and kill more people before you take him down, or kill him as soon as possible to minimize lives lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom