• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I'm on PC so I can't use predictive text. RIP me.
So, who is everyone’s favorite KH character? Mine is Marluxia, the guy that was intended to be a girl and doesn’t control plants, but flowers instead
I'll go with the basic and say Sora. I wish it could have been Xion though.

D

Deleted member

New game.
Say, ‘I love Smashboards because. . .’
Then finish the sentence using predictive text.
I love Smashboards because I’m not sure what I want.
I love Smashboards because I can hang around people that are almost as weird as I am.
Edit: Oof, I didn't know what predictive text is, R.I.P. me
Also this is ****ing amazing, listen to it

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
To be fair, Black Panther is easily the best Marvel movie from last year but I think it's 2018 who was weak in general as far as movies go.
Except for Spiderverse, THAT should win best picture.
Are we talking Marvel now? Because in that case...
Age of Ultron is in the top 3 because James Spader is amazing

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, Black Panther is easily the best Marvel movie from last year but I think it's 2018 who was weak in general as far as movies go.
Funny story about last year’s super hero movies. Infinity War came out on my birthday, so I went to go see it with my friends. When the ending happened and after the credits began to roll, I blurted out an f-bomb. Fortunately, I didn’t get in trouble. Unfortunately, I think some kids were a few rows away

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
That’s nice. I beat it with Olimar alone. Well, once I unlocked him
Olimar annihilates World of Light cos of weird Pikmin mechanics but I kind of wish he didn't: I wanted to play as him but he was making a load of the fights far too easy

D

Deleted member

This is just a bad opinion
Funny story about last year’s super hero movies. Infinity War came out on my birthday, so I went to go see it with my friends. When the ending happened and after the credits began to roll, I blurted out an f-bomb. Fortunately, I didn’t get in trouble. Unfortunately, I think some kids were a few rows away
Let MetaGiga say ****

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Golden Plains only had a coin counter which can translate on to a shared screen just fine by placing the coin counter onto each player's characters icons.
Pac Maze's gimmick was more specific to each individual players screens. While you could see the ghosts on their vulnerable state and take them down once you collected 100 pellets, the other players couldn't. This is a bit harder to translate on a match that shares one screen with all players.

At least from what I understood, that's how Pac-Maze's gimmick worked.
Literally, if you absolutely have to have this gimmick for whatever reason, which you don't, all you have to do is have the character portrait of the person who got the Turn-to-Blue flash and be able to eat said ghosts. Everyone else gets hurt. It's not that hard to work around a feature that is pretty much pointless anyways.

Or just have a random super pellet show up like Midgar. Thats probably better than the stupid 100 pellets or whatever anyways. Pac-Maze being gone is still ****ing dumb.

Last edited:

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
Olimar annihilates World of Light cos of weird Pikmin mechanics but I kind of wish he didn't: I wanted to play as him but he was making a load of the fights far too easy
Well, Bison was tough. So was everyone else with projectile reflectile

D

Deleted member

OK but I didn't give any spoilers though, I just said I laughed at the Final Battle because of how hype it was. I'm not going to post spoilers, don't worry. :4pacman:

Yep. So much wasted potential. She could have been a very interesting character if they actually tried to give her a better story and role in the game. Maybe they could even have made her playable for a while. But instead she became a character with no reason to even exist. She's cute and all, but its a shame that she got treated that way as a character.
lol Sorry, panicking a bit since I'm only a few days away (FINALLY!!!) and I know the game was leaked so I didnt want to be accidentally spoiled.

D

Deleted member

Smash team: "okay boss, what stage should we remake from the 3DS now?"
Sakurai: "****ing pictochat"
Smash team: "The what now?"
Sakurai: "And piss on me plains"
Smash team: "How about we remake stages people actually liked? Pac-Maze should be simple enough, right?"
Sakurai: "And dreamland but the unplayable one that burns your eyes"

D

Deleted member

I agree, it's definitely in the top 3 Avengers movies! Though as soon as Endgame comes out, it'll be knocked out of the top 3 Avengers movies. In all seriousness though, I don't hate the movie, but because they've released SO MANY good ones, it would be middle of the road for me. It'd be easier to say which ones I liked less, which would be Iron Man 2 & 3, Thor 2, and Black Panther (the true Unpopular Opinion).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am more of an Infinity War fan myself, but I do recognize Black Panther's importance and impact. I look forward on giving it a second watch before I see Endgame to see if my intial thoughts stay the same. I'm sure I missed a lot of smaller details my first time through.

I actually finished re-watching it with my parents yesterday. His performance was great, he reminds me a lot of James Wood's Hades, but I think the iffy plot & pace of the rest of the film brought him down. Maybe if Ant-Man came first and Ultron was inserted into it as a way to build him up.

D

Deleted member

I am nervous about Captain Marvel. Not for the movie itself, but for the Skrulls.

Outside of the Watchers’ minor appearance in GotG2, and the original Human Torch’s cameo in The First Avenger, these will be the first characters connected to the Fantastic Four who will get an actual role in the MCU.

If they do them right in Captain Marvel, we can be positive about the First Family’s future in the MCU. If not... we should be kind of worried.

I have to admit that ITSV made me wish an animated movie of the team with its artstyle, since it could fit them in an amazing way if done right (imagine a lot of locations like the one from the final battle of ITSV).

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay so... should I make Tiny Kong?

If do I ain't even gonna look at thr 64 version cuz that ain't it chief.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am more of an Infinity War fan myself, but I do recognize Black Panther's importance and impact. I look forward on giving it a second watch before I see Endgame to see if my intial thoughts stay the same. I'm sure I missed a lot of smaller details my first time through.

I actually finished re-watching it with my parents yesterday. His performance was great, he reminds me a lot of James Wood's Hades, but I think the iffy plot & pace of the rest of the film brought him down. Maybe if Ant-Man came first and Ultron was inserted into it as a way to build him up.
Infinity War is more of an event than anything else. As far as storytelling and its themes go, it's really bad and it's all because the movie goes to great lenghts to paint Thanos as this Well-Meaning-and-Intentioned Extremist when his plan is stupid and has no sympathetic qualities.
Also, action direction wise, I feel like BP beats IW easily with its fight scenes.

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
I am nervous about Captain Marvel. Not for the movie itself, but for the Skrulls.

Outside of the Watchers’ minor appearance in GotG2, and the original Human Torch’s cameo in The First Avenger, these will be the first characters connected to the Fantastic Four who will get an actual role in the MCU.

If they do them right in Captain Marvel, we can be positive about the First Family’s future in the MCU. If not... we should be kind of worried.

I have to admit that ITSV made me wish an animated movie of the team with its artstyle, since it could fit them in an amazing way if done right (imagine a lot of locations like the one from the final battle of ITSV).
I’m concerned about CM ending up like Rey. Everything Rey did in Star Wars was successful and better than everyone else. Even better than Han Solo at flying even though it was her first time. It really takes me back to A Trekkie’s Tale

D

Deleted member

USDEIVHOSGUFHDPJSIUVREHOWANDVFD
I'M A DUMBASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom