• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Here's a fun question for the late-night forumgoers like me:

We have :ultdarkpit:, and :ultdarksamus:, and
/
/

But if you could pick another character to just make a "Dark" version of, who would it be and why? Not even canonical. Just your dark, edgy version.
Daaarrrkk Daisy wiiiins!

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
New game.
Say, ‘I love Smashboards because. . .’
Then finish the sentence using predictive text.
I love Smashboards because I’m not sure what I want.
I love Smashboards because yeah I’m gonna is it the weird things I like

This makes sense

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
when you pay someone 5 dollars to make you a desktop wallpaper/signature image with some mains on it before ultimate comes out and it has isabelle on it cuz you just know you're gonna main her and then the game comes out and you don't like using her at all
View attachment 187824
Oof. Well, at least you have the most wholesome Smash character on there

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Here's a fun question for the late-night forumgoers like me:

We have :ultdarkpit:, and :ultdarksamus:, and
/
/

But if you could pick another character to just make a "Dark" version of, who would it be and why? Not even canonical. Just your dark, edgy version.
Dark Pac-Man. Obviously the best choice.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Huzzah new pfp of one of the biggest jerks in Nintendo history. But I love him so much
No offence to Alph and the others but I hope Pikmin 4 goes back to Olimar + Louie. I know it's a minor thing, but their red and blue colour scheme fits nicely with the JoyCons' default colours.

Last edited:

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
No offence to Alph and the others but I hope Pikmin 4 goes back to Olimar + Louie. I know it's a minor thing, but their red and blue colour scheme fits nicely with the JoyCons' default colours.
Definitely. Pikmin 2 was my favorite GameCube game ever and Louie was my favorite out of all of the captains. Even though he screwed over Olimar, his company, and almost an entire planet, he’s one of my favorite Nintendo characters ever

D

Deleted member

Does the Ginyu Force count?

If not, Dino Charge.
Sure, they count.
Someone, anyone, I need your help on the forum game, “Add Three Words to a Story’.
NotaPro Bro keeps making the characters dab.
I can’t take it.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Sure, they count.
Someone, anyone, I need your help on the forum game, “Add Three Words to a Story’.
NotaPro Bro keeps making the characters dab.
I can’t take it.
Link?
There have to be ways to make it even worse

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about some alts of your most/one of your wanted?

John Martson (His is easy to choose outfits from in comparison to Arthur)
Default Appearance (Aka his Cowboy outfit in RDR1)
Gloves, and Bandolier w/o coat: Based on the boxart of the same game
Legend of the West outfit
Gentleman's Attire: Grants John access to the High Stakes Poker Club in Blackwater
His Appearance in the 4th/1st chapter of RDR2
His zombified appearance at the post-game of RDR Undead Nightmare
Mexican Poncho
Deadly Assassin (One of the three costumes you get from preordering RDR1 at gamestop before it became a general purchase)
Okay!
Purple (Default Colors)
Gray (Pepper Clark's Colors)
Green (Vinnie Terrio's Colors)
Pink (Minka Mark's Colors)
Blue (Sunil Nevla's Colors)
Orange (Russell Ferguson's Colors)
Indigo (Penny Ling's Colors)
Yellow (Buttercream Sundae's Colors)

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
D

Deleted member

I'm still pissed about not having every stage back
Give me Woolly World! Give me Poke Floats! GIVE ME PAC-MAZE, FOR ****S SAKE!

D

Deleted member

Pac-Maze wouldn't work on Switch. Pac-Maze was designed with the 3DS, and single player, in mind.
They could easily make some changes that would make it work for a single screen tbh.
Even without the ghost/pellet gimmick this stage would be much better than... whatever Pac-Land is.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So was Golden Plains with the 100 coins compared to the 100 pac-dots which both give a special effect to the player. Golden Plains was transported easily to Ultimate. Why not Pac-maze?
Golden Plains only had a coin counter which can translate on to a shared screen just fine by placing the coin counter onto each player's characters icons.
Pac Maze's gimmick was more specific to each individual players screens. While you could see the ghosts on their vulnerable state and take them down once you collected 100 pellets, the other players couldn't. This is a bit harder to translate on a match that shares one screen with all players.

At least from what I understood, that's how Pac-Maze's gimmick worked.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Golden Plains only had a coin counter which can translate on to a shared screen just fine by placing the coin counter onto each player's characters icons.
Pace Maze's gimmick was more specific to each individual players screens. While you could see the ghosts on their vulnerable state and take them down, the other players couldn't. This is a bit harder to translate on a match that shares one screen with all players.

At least from what I understood, that's how Pac-Maze's gimmick worked.
That makes more sense, but when one character grabs a power pellet, the ghost could just look the same (normal) for all players. It would look a bit sloppy, but it wouldn't be inexusable. And, as it is shown what characters have the power pellet, it would still be easy-ish to tell what character could eat a ghost.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That makes more sense, but when one character grabs a power pellet, the ghost could just look the same (normal) for all players. It would look a bit sloppy, but it wouldn't be inexusable. And, as it is shown what characters have the power pellet, it would still be easy-ish to tell what character could eat a ghost.
It still wouldn't be a good representation of the original game...

The blue ghosts sprites are an iconic part of Pac-Man

Tampering them would be very unfortunate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom