• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't get homophobia. Like how hard is it to mind your own damn business?
Getting real for just a sec, it's fear of what you don't understand and feeling threatened by the prospect of someone being different.

I grew up in a homophobic town. I was never taught to hate them, but I was definitely taught to think of them as different and wrong. That preconception is hard to overcome when it's put into your head in your formative years. And while some people will choose to overcome it, others will double down on what they know and turn that distrust into active disgust instead.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Can I just point out how much worse this discussion would be if you didn't need a username and couldn't be reported?

I do not want to be in that alternate timeline right now.
You... you literally just described 4chan.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Monkey paw: Your fave gets into Smash but they play like a Super Smash Flash 2 character. Would you take it?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Monkey paw: Your fave gets into Smash but they play like a Super Smash Flash 2 character. Would you take it?
I don't know what that is but YES GIVE ME THE DAMN PAW.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's better than nothing.

Just seeing Brian even have a simple spirit in Smash alone would be amazing. When it comes to obscure things, I gotta lower my standards. Then again, any appearance feels cool in my book due to the acknowledgement alone.

D

Deleted member

If I can change my most wanted to Chibi-Robo then yes. I love how they play in that game.

D

Deleted member

Wait, you mean like they have the moveset from that game or they're a sprite literally ripped from the game?

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for erdrick to be revealed and half of all square enix discussion to turn to dust

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Getting real for just a sec, it's fear of what you don't understand and feeling threatened by the prospect of someone being different.

I grew up in a homophobic town. I was never taught to hate them, but I was definitely taught to think of them as different and wrong. That preconception is hard to overcome when it's put into your head in your formative years. And while some people will choose to overcome it, others will double down on what they know and turn that distrust into active disgust instead.
I can relate. I've been trying to defend Muslims in general from a nigh-literally-fascist hate group on Disqus, but that isn't very easy considering that I can't particularly like Islam (due to its tendency towards general misogyny and totalitarianism). On a more personal note, I can't help but feel nervous around black people, even though I know full well that my nervousness is ridiculous — I attribute this to having read too many lurid stories of black youths in gangs engaging in egregiously antisocial (read: violent and illegal) behavior. I should also mention that I'm Catholic, but I am vehemently opposed to homophobia... but ironically, I tend to be very uncomfortable around gay people (well, more uncomfortable than I already tend to be around people in general — life with Asperger's is tough).

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I can't wait for erdrick to be revealed and half of all square enix discussion to turn to dust
Honestly ****ing me too.

I can't wait to speculate about literally anything else.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can I just point out how much worse this discussion would be if you didn't need a username and couldn't be reported?

I do not want to be in that alternate timeline right now.
Just go to 4cgan and you won't have to imagine it
I'll take the Chrono Trigger music and stage even if it means Crono fights with a stick and uses Marle's Techs for no reason

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
honestly though what the hell does anti-gay even mean

"guys can't suck **** because it makes me feel bad" like ok lets just get the gay police to bust open every single door in the neighborhood to make sure nothing gay is going on lmao
pretty sure sodomy is illegal in some states (including my own) so theres that

and boy does that make me a felon

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Is that bad...? Oh, wait, it would literally be Bomberman with his Super Smash Flash 2 moveset. ...Could be worse.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I love playing Bandana Dee in SSF2, easy choice.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
On-topic: I am not sure what is going on, but in the past few pages I've seen some 'fake direct leaks', which are images. I do get that you are very excited for the direct, but it is getting out of the hand., and probably derailing the thread...

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never had a post getting so many replies at once...

I'm not sure what is really going on, but can we please stop with those fake Direct images?
No.

pretty sure sodomy is illegal in some states (including my own) so theres that

and boy does that make me a felon
Can't gay people marry in every state?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On-topic: I am not sure what is going on, but in the past few pages I've seen some 'fake direct leaks', which are images. I do get that you are very excited for the direct, but it is getting out of the hand., and probably derailing the thread...
LEGO Flintstones is a legit thing doh.

D

Deleted member

they're jokes and fakes

unless anyone actually believes fortnite at freddy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom