• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Star vs. is pretty damn good.

DuckTales is amazing on so many levels.

But Gravity Falls is perfection in animation form.

It was supposed to be, but Cartoon Network ordered another season.
Really? Hmm. Guess it shows they've got plenty of confidence in it, at least. That's definitely a good thing.

I just hope it doesn't fall down Adventure Time's path and air episodes periodically, without warning and with few re-runs in between until near the very end.

And I'll probably never understand the hype surrounding Steven Universe for the depressing fact that I barely watch TV shows anymore....

RIP me.
Start watching TV shows again. :V

If you're able to, that is.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I still want that timeskip
You can have your timeskip, but...
While Change Your Mind seems to wrap up all the plotlines, it actually doesn't, there's still all the shards to... somehow... deal with, and it also opens up .
  • Will Steven and the modern Crystal Gems tell the older Crystal Gems and Jasper the truth about Rose Quartz? What will they do with this knowledge?
  • Massive cultural overhaul is going to cause a lot of friction on Homeworld, the process of changing literal Eons of "this is how things are done" is not going to be pretty, they could skip over it with a timeskip, but I think it could be a really interesting plotline to deal with.
  • The Gems have caused a lot of devastation across the universe in their quest for expansionism, if those planets were or are populated, I can't imagine a simple "Oh, we're different now!" will suffice. This can be handled after a timeskip.
I think a mid-season timeskip, or Season 6 ending with a timeskip into Season 7, would be best.
Holy ****, can someone please explain to me how that episode of Steven Universe isn't the series finale? Because it sure could've worked as one, and I'd still pretty satisfied.
I refer to my reply to Noipoi right above this one.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
People being hyped for the SU special is an understatement. Me I wasn't able to watch It. Eh it's for the best anyway, I'm far behind, I haven't been following it as much as I use to.

I'm around when Lars gets revived from death by Steven and turns pink.

KH fans, Whats your fav Kh opening?
I'mma have to go with KH 2, Sanctuary is just an amazing song. Honorable mention to KH:FCP, the opening was well done too.

Well...

I found out from my mom that my brother got arrested a while back...

Wasn't his fault I should add...
Sorry to hear that man, I hope everything gets sorted out quickly, and he gets out..

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Meanwhile while Disney TV and Cartoon Network still has some pretty good shows. I can't say the same for Nickeledeon. Their only decent show at this point is The Loud House.

Even then I can't look that series up without running into any of that Loudcest. I kid you not the majority of the ships are Lincoln with his sisters. That's how cringey the fandom is...:glare:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Amethyst could fight mostly by shapeshifting.

Pearl could use the holo Pearls but I'm not sure how they would function exactly.
I see Amethyst mostly using her whips with shapeshifting on the side like smashes and throws. Definitely a Purple Puma finisher

Pearl could use her Holo-Pearls as another counter or like :ultzelda: Phantom.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking Smash clones, Jump Ultimate Stars is still the GOAT. It was my first exposure to Jojo outside of videos of the old Capcom game. And it had most of the DBZ, and YuYu Hakusho characters you'd want, though Trunks and Kuwabara should have been more than Assists.

I'd want a Marvel Smash clone though. It'd be really cool in theory.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You can have your timeskip, but...
While Change Your Mind seems to wrap up all the plotlines, it actually doesn't, there's still all the shards to... somehow... deal with, and it also opens up .
  • Will Steven and the modern Crystal Gems tell the older Crystal Gems and Jasper the truth about Rose Quartz? What will they do with this knowledge?
  • Massive cultural overhaul is going to cause a lot of friction on Homeworld, the process of changing literal Eons of "this is how things are done" is not going to be pretty, they could skip over it with a timeskip, but I think it could be a really interesting plotline to deal with.
  • The Gems have caused a lot of devastation across the universe in their quest for expansionism, if those planets were or are populated, I can't imagine a simple "Oh, we're different now!" will suffice. This can be handled after a timeskip.
I think a mid-season timeskip, or Season 6 ending with a timeskip into Season 7, would be best.

I refer to my reply to Noipoi right above this one.
I didn't doubt that there could still be conflict, but this took care of so many current conflicts and wrapped up plenty of other storylines that the show could've ended here and it would be just fine. It would've made for a fantastic send-off even if there is more story potential left to explore.

I do think the particular examples you gave here are worth exploring, so hopefully they are, at least most of them if not all!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So besides Alucard, Decidueye, Rex and Spring Man. What characters do you think were also considered but dropped?

I still believe Monster Hunter given Rathalos' appearance in the game. I think its a matter of time until Sakurai reveals this. Rumor also had it that Steve from Minecraft was going to be Base but is being saved for DLC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So besides Alucard, Decidueye, Rex and Spring Man. What characters do you think were also considered but dropped?

I still believe Monster Hunter given Rathalos' appearance in the game. I think its a matter of time until Sakurai reveals this. Rumor also had it that Steve from Minecraft was going to be Base but is being saved for DLC.
Considering two of those were Assist Trophies, I guess another one of them might've been considered. Like Akira or Zero. Generally any of the more complex Assist characters seem like they'd be considered, even if only briefly. But that's pure guesswork on my part.

Maybe Isaac, since he should've been a popular Ballot choice, but not nearly as much as Ridley or K.Rool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe Isaac, since he should've been a popular Ballot choice, but not nearly as much as Ridley or K.Rool.
If that were to be true that would shatter so many Isaac fans hearts even more especially to think he almost had gotten in...:(

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey if any of you guys have a Nintendo Account and don't play Fire Emblem Heroes, shoot me a PM. I wanna try something if you're able to help. :p The more the merrier.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Meanwhile while Disney TV and Cartoon Network still has some pretty good shows. I can't say the same for Nickeledeon. Their only decent show at this point is The Loud House.

Even then I can't look that series up without running into any of that Loudcest. I kid you not the majority of the ships are Lincoln with his sisters. That's how cringey the fandom is...:glare:
TMNT 2012 was an amazing show before deciding to end on its own...and Rise is there to watch just cause Turtles...Nickelodeon needs to get back in the game or else it’ll be 2009 all over again
If anyone of you here are Disney fans and don't watch the DuckTales reboot...do yourselves a favor, and start watching the DuckTales reboot. :p
Literally everyone should be watching the new Ducktales show

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

I don't have much to support this but I think Black Knight may have been considered. He was a mii costume in SSB4 and eventually became an AT in Ultimate despite the Tellius games being not that recent, so I think the idea of BK fighting somehow has been floating around in Sakurai's mind at least.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey if any of you guys have a Nintendo Account and don't play Fire Emblem Heroes, shoot me a PM. I wanna try something if you're able to help. :p The more the merrier.
If this is some CYL Chrom propoganda, I strongly disapprove.

... in theory. In reality, I don't care anymore, count me in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If this is some CYL Chrom propoganda, I strongly disapprove.

... in theory. In reality, I don't care anymore, count me in.
It's actually not for Chrom this time, believe it or not. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I never asked for it. :p
This is purely a self-elected ballot stuffing bribe viral campaign.
If it didn't work for the Smash ballot.

It's not gonna work.

This might though....

I'll through a vote for Chrom if you throw one in for Robin.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If it didn't work for the Smash ballot.

It's not gonna work.

This might though....

I'll through a vote for Chrom if you throw one in for Robin.
But it's not for Chrom though lol.

Marth and Alm are shoo-ins for the two slots on the male side. I'm trying to get Lena to a high enough placing to be considered for Farfetched Heroes. :p

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
and Rise is there to watch just cause Turtles
Don't remind me of that abomination. Making Raph the leader is like making Mikey the serious one. That's also not getting started with the bad animation and Splinter looking like a pug and rat mated and then was crunched up giving us the final result. You know a cartoon is bad when they get John Cena of all people to voice a villain.

Don't get me started with the turtles designs. Raph and Donatello especially, the former looking like a stereotypical tough guy and Don looking like a total dork.

2003 series will always be the best.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We all know Roy and femCorrin's going to win by virtue of being Smash characters so why even bother?
/s

D

Deleted member

How to properly get into the zone when training with Wario:

-Boot up Smash Ultimate
-Listen to the amazing music
-Forget that music, it's trash now
-Put on some real music
-Forget training, try to make Wario dance to the music instead

I'll hit Elite Smash in no time.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If anyone of you here are Disney fans and don't watch the DuckTales reboot...do yourselves a favor, and start watching the DuckTales reboot. :p
Oh, I vehemently agree..its sooo good!
I wonder if David Tennant will end up voicing him if he gets voiced scenes in Kingdom Hearts III.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But it's not for Chrom though lol.

Marth and Alm are shoo-ins for the two slots on the male side. I'm trying to get Lena to a high enough placing to be considered for Farfetched Heroes. :p
But....

But Robin...

He's my fav.....

RIP

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Honestly I have no idea who is even going to win the female side of CYL3. Eirika may win if last years votes are to go by but Camilla may lose since everyone is tired of Camilla alts.

Or she may win just so people can watch the fanbase explode once we get a 7th Camilla.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, CYL 3. Gave my first vote to my boy Erk, probably going to spread out the rest between a couple of other personal favorites not in the game and community picks (Marth).

Edit: They made a change so that characters with multiple appearances/"versions" of themselves count as one singular entry. Go wild Marth/Anna/Finn/Tellius fans.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The Last Airbender is my favorite animated show of all time with Gravity Falls falling just barely behind. I have more Gravity Falls merchandise though, so I probably need to go fix that and by some Airbender merchandise at some point. But seriously though, I don't think I can understate how much I love Gravity Falls. A lot of its themes resonated with me on such a personal level that I had a miniature existential crisis after watching the finale.

I tried to get into Steven Universe and I think I can get where its popularity comes from but it just didn't hold my attention well enough for me to sit through all the long parts. Maybe I'll catch up to it someday when I have more free time. Maybe.

Before the topic drifts too far away from cartoons I also want to give a shout out to this gem called Over The Garden Wall. It's pretty short and it's on Hulu so it's pretty easy to watch for anyone who's got a couple spare hours.
Gravity Falls is a great show but following it is such a completely different experience from just binging it because you can't strangle others over the internet for theories the same way you do with Smash speculation anymore.
I dunno, I only watched Gravity Falls this past year and I still think it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Even without the theories and speculation it still has some really amazing moments. I do feel like I missed out by not watching it while it was still being aired, but I still absolutely recommend it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Seeing you also reminds me that I've watched most of Hilda of Netflix but got distracted by Ultimate's release. I'll probably get around to catching up with it eventually.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
How to properly get into the zone when training with Wario:

-Boot up Smash Ultimate
-Listen to the amazing music
-Forget that music, it's trash now
-Put on some real music
-Forget training, try to make Wario dance to the music instead

I'll hit Elite Smash in no time.
For hitting the lab with Wario there is only one song I ever listen to.
Why wasn't this song in Ultimate?!?!?!?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah, CYL 3. Gave my first vote to my boy Erk, probably going to spread out the rest between a couple of other personal favorites not in the game and community picks (Marth).

Edit: They made a change so that characters with multiple appearances/"versions" of themselves count as one singular entry. Go wild Marth/Anna/Finn/Tellius fans.
Sadly the only Anna's that are combined are the two from Archanea. Heroes/Fates/Awakening Anna, who would likely get the bulk of the votes, are all separate.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have no idea what that is.
They're like Warp Stars, but with an "ve" instead of an "r".

They're an FE item that can be used to teleport an ally somewhere on the map. They're very popular with LTC (Low Turn Count) runs because they can be used to cheese some battles and finish them in only one or two turns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom