• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Finished LG Eevee. Very fun little game, even if catching was super bad. Probably a 7/10ish game for me.

Is there anything cool I'd miss out on by not doing post-game right away?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't wait until the micro SD card I ordered shows up in the mail tomorrow. I just had the best quickplay match I've ever had, and I'll probably be able to post the replay tomorrow night.

The battle starts and we're on my opponent's rule set. We're on an omega stage. He's a Chrom player, I'm playing Squirtle.

We exchange a few blows in neutral before I combo him off stage. He tries to recovery onto stage with his double jump by I knock him back off with a down smash, so now he's forced to recover with Aether. I use Water Gun.

Game!

We were playing one stock, 7:00 minutes. I beat him in 31 seconds. This is the first time Ultimate's actually made me laugh out loud, and was for entirely the wrong reason.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well, I got really tilted and went on an insane losing streak, getting my best character way outta Elite Smash and into lower GSP. I'm just tired now. I'm tired of losing so much. I'm tired of fighting the same 4 characters with the same similar movesets from the same franchise. I'm just tired of the game right now.

I'm gonna go take a break.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Finished LG Eevee. Very fun little game, even if catching was super bad. Probably a 7/10ish game for me.

Is there anything cool I'd miss out on by not doing post-game right away?
There's Cerulean Cave, which is kinda cool if very short. I'd recommend doing at least one of The Master Trainer battles, but you won't miss anything if you put the game down for a day. Or a week. Or six months.

Noipoi

Howdy!
By the way, it turns out my parents WON'T be coming down to visit for our birthdays. Too busy :(
Oof, that's rough buddy. I know how important birthday parties can be for you normal people.

xD I will try to make a quick doodle of the guy just because it is you, Noi. Sorry if it is not perfect!
It's perfect because you made it for me :happysheep:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's Cerulean Cave, which is kinda cool if very short. I'd recommend doing at least one of The Master Trainer battles, but you won't miss anything if you put the game down for a day. Or a week. Or six months.
Oh, is Cerulean Cave more than just Mewtwo? That sounds kind of fun.

I'll probably work on post-game slowly, buuuuuut I DO have Pokemon Moon's post game I could do instead, along with games like Katamari and a Majora's Mask 3D replay...

Yeah, I'll probably work on it slowly, but I don't think this will be my main game right now. Would much rather pick Smash and some other games back up. :p

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thanks, I'll be fi--

Wait, "normal people?"
I don't get Birthdays, my family doesn't believe in them.

Oh, is Cerulean Cave more than just Mewtwo? That sounds kind of fun.

I'll probably work on post-game slowly, buuuuuut I DO have Pokemon Moon's post game I could do instead, along with games like Katamari and a Majora's Mask 3D replay...

Yeah, I'll probably work on it slowly, but I don't think this will be my main game right now. Would much rather pick Smash and some other games back up. :p
Yeah, there's a battle in Cerulean Cave. It really isn't much though, Pokemon Moon has better post game. Playing other games is a better alternative, imo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of Sonic characters, I stand by my belief that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Cream and Blaze are the "optimal" selection of characters (within the confines of the Modern Era).

You've got four base Playstyles (Speed, Flight, Power and "Hammer"), none of which stray so far away from the core Sonic gameplay style as to be alienating (like, say, Big the Cat, the Adventure Gunner levels or Silver's playstyle). The selection is weighted towards the Speed style (Sonic, Shadow and Blaze) while limiting the slowest, "hard mode" style to a single character (Amy).

Each character within the styles has their own unique quirks to differentiate them from the other(s) in that subset.
Speed: Shadow has his Chaos Spear, while Blaze has her Fire Magic​
Flight: Cream has Cheese for projectile attacks​
Power: Rouge can also fly, giving her greater aerial mobility than Knuckles.​
Level design can get fairly complicated if you build them with the characters capabilities in mind, examples include: over-hanging ledges that only Tails, Cream and Rouge can get to; ring trails only the Speed characters can use; doors that only Knuckles and Shadow can open because they require the use of Chaos Power; Buttons that only characters with a drop attack (Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge) or the Piko Piko Hammer (Amy) can use; Small gaps only Cheese can get through to open routes.

...I've put too much thought into this, haven't I?

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I secretly wanted her to do my boi, but she told me she couldn't do it...
I really didn't want to imagine Yoshi and Blaze in the sack together, thank you very much... (Silvaze for life.)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Speaking of Sonic characters, I stand by my belief that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Cream and Blaze are the "optimal" selection of characters (within the confines of the Modern Era).

You've got four base Playstyles (Speed, Flight, Power and "Hammer"), none of which stray so far away from the core Sonic gameplay style as to be alienating (like, say, Big the Cat, the Adventure Gunner levels or Silver's playstyle). The selection is weighted towards the Speed style (Sonic, Shadow and Blaze) while limiting the slowest, "hard mode" style to a single character (Amy).

Each character within the styles has their own unique quirks to differentiate them from the other(s) in that subset.
Level design can get fairly complicated if you build them with the characters capabilities in mind, examples include: over-hanging ledges that only Tails, Cream and Rouge can get to; ring trails only the Speed characters can use; doors that only Knuckles and Shadow can open because they require the use of Chaos Power; Buttons that only characters with a drop attack (Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge) or the Piko Piko Hammer (Amy) can use; Small gaps only Cheese can get through to open routes.

I mean this seems like a very interesting thought process and I could see a game focused around something like this, though I don't think Silver needs to be restrained by sticking to his ‘06 gameplay. Honestly, with the whole telekinesis concept he has going for him, I could actually see Silver reasonably fitting in any of the three categories and being a character fit to be playable for a Sonic game with enough thought.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Oh...

Oh I see...
That's super sad. This must be rectified.

Hmmmmm

Noipoi Noipoi
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

For every single one you haven't had with your family you can have one with us. At the end of the day we are like one big dysfunctional family that all happen to like Smash. We don't have cake or presents but we got the good vibes you give others here and hopefully we can share some with you as well.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean this seems like a very interesting thought process and I could see a game focused around something like this, though I don't think Silver needs to be restrained by sticking to his ‘06 gameplay. Honestly, with the whole telekinesis concept he has going for him, I could actually see Silver reasonably fitting in any of the three categories and being a character fit to be playable for a Sonic game with enough thought.
I considered the idea that Silver could be an unlockable bonus character, give him all of his telekinesis abilities and make him deliberately overpowered. :laugh:

Power would probably be the best fit for Silver if he had to be slotted into a specific type, he had that Psychokinetic hover in '06, after all.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's super sad. This must be rectified.

Hmmmmm

Noipoi Noipoi
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

For every single one you haven't had with your family you can have one with us. At the end of the day we are like one big dysfunctional family that all happen to like Smash. We don't have cake or presents but we got the good vibes you give others here and hopefully we can share some with you as well.
ohmygod Thank you!

happy shine boi.png

It's not that bad, they still say happy birthday. I just don't really get presents or a party.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, there's a battle in Cerulean Cave. It really isn't much though, Pokemon Moon has better post game. Playing other games is a better alternative, imo.
Cool, I'll probably get around to that at some point.

IDK about Master Trainers. From what I've heard, a lot of that is super grindy, and since catching is the primary way of grinding and I didn't like it very much...

Honestly, I didn't like it in handheld mode much either. The lack of any aiming reticle made it so that I was basically guessing where the ball was gonna go. It's a huge shame, because I feel like it could be fun if they fix the major problems it has.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Cool, I'll probably get around to that at some point.

IDK about Master Trainers. From what I've heard, a lot of that is super grindy, and since catching is the primary way of grinding and I didn't like it very much...

Honestly, I didn't like it in handheld mode much either. The lack of any aiming reticle made it so that I was basically guessing where the ball was gonna go. It's a huge shame, because I feel like it could be fun if they fix the major problems it has.
Oh yeah, the Master Trainers suck. It's a good idea, but I don't want to grind a Caterpie to level 80 and give it a super crazy moveset to win one fight, just so I can do the same thing for Metapod right after that. If you've already got your E4 team and one of them might be able to get a master title, so i'd do it at least once.

Everything relating to the motion controls in this game was a mistake. I'm not sure if i'll get any future Let's Go games, but if I do i'll dread the motion controls.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
ohmygod Thank you!

View attachment 188003

It's not that bad, they still say happy birthday. I just don't really get presents or a party.
God I wish my family didn't acknowledge my birthday.

Grass is always greener and all that. Happy birthday.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is the most edited avatar I've used in a while.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Everything relating to the motion controls in this game was a mistake. I'm not sure if i'll get any future Let's Go games, but if I do i'll dread the motion controls.
But Motion Controls are the future™, and as the future, they need to be shoe-horned into anything and everything regardless of whether it works or not.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Before we move off the Sonic topic, I pulled this from my Sonic Clash thread. These are the characters I potentially see as playable and I was wondering if it possible to categorize all these characters into the Speed/Flight or Technique/Power dichotomy or there’d be any real point to.

Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman/Eggman Nega (alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Ray the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt
Dark Chao Walker
Void
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man

I could try to explain how I think these characters could work to put things in more perspective...

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Creating an optimal selection of characters and leaving out Big the Cat

KMDP

Smash Legend
Creating an optimal selection of characters and leaving out Big the Cat
Of course, Diem, you gotta go fast.
Of course with my birthday coming up in 2 and a half weeks, I'm wondering what I'll be met with here when that comes :yoshi:
We shall sacrifice a Tax Evader in your name so as to summon the great God of Plenty, Yoshicopia.

D

Deleted member

I always think of a good post whilst catching up on the thread.
Then, after I’ve caught up, I forget.
Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom