• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gosh I have no idea how to fight Young Link or Sonic in this game. Especially Sonic. None of the ones I ever encounter on Quickplay ever want to rematch for some reason.

I really should go do a match up study on those two. Maybe drop by their respective character boards and see what's up.

D

Deleted member

You know, out of all of the characters I go up against in this game, Wolf gives me the most trouble.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Speaking of Sonic characters, I stand by my belief that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Cream and Blaze are the "optimal" selection of characters (within the confines of the Modern Era).

You've got four base Playstyles (Speed, Flight, Power and "Hammer"), none of which stray so far away from the core Sonic gameplay style as to be alienating (like, say, Big the Cat, the Adventure Gunner levels or Silver's playstyle). The selection is weighted towards the Speed style (Sonic, Shadow and Blaze) while limiting the slowest, "hard mode" style to a single character (Amy).

Each character within the styles has their own unique quirks to differentiate them from the other(s) in that subset.
Speed: Shadow has his Chaos Spear, while Blaze has her Fire Magic​
Flight: Cream has Cheese for projectile attacks​
Power: Rouge can also fly, giving her greater aerial mobility than Knuckles.​
Level design can get fairly complicated if you build them with the characters capabilities in mind, examples include: over-hanging ledges that only Tails, Cream and Rouge can get to; ring trails only the Speed characters can use; doors that only Knuckles and Shadow can open because they require the use of Chaos Power; Buttons that only characters with a drop attack (Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge) or the Piko Piko Hammer (Amy) can use; Small gaps only Cheese can get through to open routes.

...I've put too much thought into this, haven't I?
But where does NiGHTS fit in?

Because **** it if I'm ever going to get another NiGHTS game. Just put 'em in a Sonic game and call it good.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU

IF I HAVE A DAUGHTER I'M NAMING HER AFTER YOU
xD Hahahahaha! Oh my God, I wasn't expecting the reaction being that intense! Glad you liked it, Noi!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU

IF I HAVE A DAUGHTER I'M NAMING HER AFTER YOU
Her Grade School Teacher: AndreaAC AndreaAC ? How do you pronounce that? An-dree-aaaaac?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
But where does NiGHTS fit in?

Because **** it if I'm ever going to get another NiGHTS game. Just put 'em in a Sonic game and call it good.
I put NiGHTS in this if that’ll suffice...
Before we move off the Sonic topic, I pulled this from my Sonic Clash thread. These are the characters I potentially see as playable and I was wondering if it possible to categorize all these characters into the Speed/Flight or Technique/Power dichotomy or there’d be any real point to.

Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman/Eggman Nega (alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Ray the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt
Dark Chao Walker
Void
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man

I could try to explain how I think these characters could work to put things in more perspective...

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In all serious though, Andrea is a pretty common name here in the Southwest...

........except that Noi lives in NJ. Oh...
I think Andrea's a fairly common name everywhere in the US? I have three in my family. The great aunt I barely know, the cool gay aunt in LA and the annoying cousin who had a shotgun wedding that surprisingly lasted a whole four years.

AndreaAC

Your middle name is Ridley? Is your father a Ridley Scott fan?

No, it's a long story. Y'see, my dad's really into this wrestling cat...
:joyful:Jesus Christ! Seriously, I am coughing from laughter!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

It's certainly less common than mine (Michael) :yoshi:
xD Andrea is a pretty common name in Mexico, but it has happened more than once that for some reason, some people here in the boards went as far as to think I was an italian male...just because Andrea is used for both male and female there, but in Mexico, my first name (and the middle name that is long as heck, that is actually an italian variation) is just for females. My surname comes from Spain apparently. It didn't helped that I had male characters everywhere in my profile, the first obviously being Ridley and the second being Shay Cormac from Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay maybe not THAT similarity...
Off-topic from our off-topic discussion, but I've been contemplating moving on from my casual Midna avatar to Resident Evil or NiGHTS. One because I'm on a RE high right now, and the other because I'm a Sega nerd even more than I'm a Nintendo nerd. Not sure what the right inspiration is...

Then again I could just pick Azel from Panzer Dragoon Saga so nobody will know who the hell my avatar is.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Off-topic from our off-topic discussion, but I've been contemplating moving on from my casual Midna avatar to Resident Evil or NiGHTS. One because I'm on a RE high right now, and the other because I'm a Sega nerd even more than I'm a Nintendo nerd. Not sure what the right inspiration is...

Then again I could just pick Azel from Panzer Dragoon Saga so nobody will know who the hell my avatar is.
Like being off-topic has stopped anyone here before. Maybe there’s a way to combine the two?

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Like being off-topic has stopped anyone here before. Maybe there’s a way to combine the two?
I like how you think.

xD Andrea is a pretty common name in Mexico, but it has happened more than once that for some reason, some people here boards went as far as to think I was an italian male...just because Andrea is used for both male and female there, but in Mexico, my first name (and the middle name that is long as heck, that is actually an italian variation) is just for females. My surname comes from Spain apparently. It didn't helped that I had male characters everywhere in my profile, the first obviously being Ridley and the second being Shay Cormac from Assassin's Creed.
It's interesting how people assume gender based on avatars or favorite characters. For a long while on Xbox Live, since I had a Jill Valentine gamerpic and always used Anya in Gears 3, randoms would refer to me as "her". 'Til I got on the mic and disappointed them all greatly.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's interesting how people assume gender based on avatars or favorite characters. For a long while on Xbox Live, since I had a Jill Valentine gamerpic and always used Anya in Gears 3, randoms would refer to me as "her". 'Til I got on the mic and disappointed them all greatly.
For a little while Ashley from Warioware was my avatar.

D-did any of you guys think I was a girl??

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I like how you think.

I have an interesting thought. Would any of you thought I was a girl is this was my avatar?:

It'd be in character for me to do it at least

Even though Yoshi is often described as male, there's a sort of aesthetic to it. I could also use many other Yoshi images that are similar...

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Wait you're not a girl?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I like how you think.

Any way you can get your hands on a pic of NiGHTS in a Jill Valentine costume or vice versa?

Also I assumed it was obvious from my username...

Subtlety is not my strongest trait.

AndreaAC

xP I honestly got used to that confusion at this point. Even in DA, an Italian artist began to speak and thank me in their native language, fortunately I could understand most of what he said because Spanish and Italian have quite the similarities, but I replied in english that I wasn't a male. Awkwardly for them, for sure, they apologized and explained that my first name and surname sounded pretty much like they came from there.

xD And I get the disappointment...guys are like "YOU ARE A FEMALE?!" and I think someone once said that discovering I was a female was as surprising as discovering Samus was one herself in the first Metroid. I laughed pretty hard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom