• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey I'm back all. Went to this trail with my dad (Who got off early) and my dogs then to the dog park. Brought back a friend with me. This bad mojo here. :p

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Heck yeah! Your art is really good imo, so I love to get one drawing made by you. :D (not sure of what tho)

Speaking of drawing too, I finally finished the shading folks.

Tell me if you like it or not.

Also, huh, since I didn't show that drawing to you last time, say hello to my OC Marsa Mizuki, not draw by me, but by artist DMX.
Wow, I didn't know that DMX was such a talented artist when he's not in jail or giving it to us.

Also, damn.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It was the one with a red sun. If you drew the hills really softly, then I might have mistaken it for an ocean.

1. Jin's been the main lead in more Tekken games than Kazuya, who was only the lead in Tekken 1. Namely the most iconic game of the series with Tekken 3.
2. Jin's my personal favorite of the Mishima trio.
3. Jin's in more crossovers than Kaz has been in.

Those have pretty much been my reasons from the get.
Jin isn't even the protagonist anymore. Lars was the lead in 6 and Heihachi was kind of the lead in 7.... 7's story didn't really have a lead. In my opinion, that means that Kazuya's seniority overrides any temporary protagonist status Jin might have had. Plus, Kazuya can freely transform into his devil form, whereas Devil Jin has always been treated as a separate character ala Evil Ryu. Allowing for a more interesting moveset than his father or son.

Kazuya appears in Namco x Capcom, Project X Zone 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, Full Bokko Heroes X, and The King of Fighters: All-Stars. Jin appears in Namco x Capcom, Project X Zone, Project X Zone 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, and The King of Fighters All-Stars. So technically they tie. However, I put a lot of stock in the fact that, when deciding on the rivalries for Street Fighter x Tekken, Kazuya was Ryu's Rival. Not Jin. Besides, going by number of crossovers alone, the winner is Heihachi, who has appeared in Project X Zone, Project X Zone 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, SoulCalibur II, Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis, Smash Court Tennis Pro Championship 2, Pac-Man Fever, and The King of Fighters: All-Stars.

I don't think you are the only one, but not everyone has a problem with safe characters. He has popularity, influence and a good moveset potential.

As Inkling showed, predictable characters can be fun, too. Not every single reveal has to challenge our perception of what Smash is.
I get that. It just means he's kind of hard to get excited for is all.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wow, I didn't know that DMX was such a talented artist when he's not in jail or giving it to us.

Also, damn.
Mr.X is a great artist & a great librarian too, too bad he work for Umbrella, he could have a great carreer ahead of him.

Also, FEAR THOSE ABBBBBBBBBS.

Playable Sakurai? But what would his moveset be?
Sakurai's Neutral B: Creativity Beam

Hold B to charge, you can hold up to 3 months for maximum power.

Seriously, am I the only one who's super Meh on Ryu Hayabusa? Like, he just seems like such a safe pick. There's nothing mind blowing about him
Damn right, Ryu Hayabusa is boring as ****.

:p
But seriously, you should play some Ninja Gaiden games if you haven't already. It could help you know the character better.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One accuses people of being afraid of new things because they prefer something old, and the other says one character is superior to other because of seniority.
Accept one is about rebooting movie franchises and the other is about selecting a character for a crossover game. Obviously you approach both with different attitudes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mamboo07. If you live in Australia I'm certain then you've likely heard of the bunyip, burrunjor and yowie (Australia's bigfoot) by any chance?

There's also claims of megalania surviving too. The largest lizard to had ever lived.

Edit: Ninja'd. Apparently you know the burrunjor and bunyip. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It’s probably the Ninja Man huh?

Happy for his fans, but that sounds real meh to me.
How can we live in a world where peoples think having a ninja is boring?

If I wasn't already a skeleton, I wish god would smith me this instant.

Also, Ryu has more to him than being the Ninja Man.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Halloween Tour is featured next in Mario Kart Tour, and I'm hoping the spotlight drivers are E Gadd and Gooigi.

Realistically, it's probably just Boo Mario and King Boo.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mamboo07. If you live in Australia I'm certain then you've likely heard of the bunyip, burrunjor and yowie (Australia's bigfoot) by any chance?

There's also claims of megalania surviving too. The largest lizard to had ever lived.

Edit: Ninja'd. Apparently you know the burrunjor and bunyip. Nevermind.
I know about the good old Yowie, and Megalania before.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, when Sakurai's gonna make Joker's weapon true to canon?

1571602872777.png

Last edited:
Aren't they like.... really really hard?
The NES games are pretty hard, similarly to the old Mega Man games.

The 3D games, not so much, they're basically classic hack'n slash games but maybe a tiny bit harder than God of War.

I'm sure you'd like them (i haven't played all of them tho, but i'd recommend starting with Ninja Gaiden Black if you're interested).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I agree, would've loved to see Burrunjor and Bunyip. 2 Aussie myths, one's back from extinction, the other a water dwelling beast.
I've came up with episode ideas for those. Tell me what you think?

Lost Tapes: Bunyip
Summary: An Australian family purchases a lakeside summer home to begin spending their Summers there only for things to take a deadly turn when an beast living in the lake thought to had existed in the Aboriginal dreamtime stories begins to terrorize them.

Lost Tapes: Burrunjor
Summary: An American couple alongside their Aboriginal tour guide showing them the wonders of Uluru find themselves being stalked by an ancient predator.

Lost Tapes: Yowie
Summary: A University professor and his class of colleagues ventures into the Outbacks to study Aboriginal cave paintings while dismissing the warnings from local Aboriginals of a creature from the Dreamtime stories said to inhabit the area they're going into. Soon enough their studies is put to the side when the very being they thought was nothing more then folklore proves to be all too real.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Jin isn't even the protagonist anymore. Lars was the lead in 6 and Heihachi was kind of the lead in 7.... 7's story didn't really have a lead. In my opinion, that means that Kazuya's seniority overrides any temporary protagonist status Jin might have had. Plus, Kazuya can freely transform into his devil form, whereas Devil Jin has always been treated as a separate character ala Evil Ryu. Allowing for a more interesting moveset than his father or son.

Kazuya appears in Namco x Capcom, Project X Zone 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, Full Bokko Heroes X, and The King of Fighters: All-Stars. Jin appears in Namco x Capcom, Project X Zone, Project X Zone 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, and The King of Fighters All-Stars. So technically they tie. However, I put a lot of stock in the fact that, when deciding on the rivalries for Street Fighter x Tekken, Kazuya was Ryu's Rival. Not Jin. Besides, going by number of crossovers alone, the winner is Heihachi, who has appeared in Project X Zone, Project X Zone 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, SoulCalibur II, Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis, Smash Court Tennis Pro Championship 2, Pac-Man Fever, and The King of Fighters: All-Stars.

I get that. It just means he's kind of hard to get excited for is all.
The end of Tekken 7 literally sets up how Jin has to defeat Kaz. It seemed clear to me he's likely to be the main character again. And Jin's had a longer tenure than any other Tekken character as the lead. If we're counting Tekken X Street Fighter, Namco clearly wanted Jin to rival Ryu than Kazuya. And while Kaz was in Namco X Capcom, he wasn't even playable, and only showed up in his devil form. Meanwhile both Jin and Heihachi were fully playable in that title. Including Devil Jin's style and clothing being in Soul Calibur 5 might be a bit of a stretch, but that's another crossover of sorts.

You might say that Kazuya was first and that's more important. But I say Jin's longer lasting importance holds just as much water, maybe even more so. Hell, even the game where Lars was the lead, Jin was the one to defeat the final boss.

Now whether or not Kaz could have a more interesting moveset is up for debate, since the Tag games and Tekken 7 are the only titles where Kaz switches between the 2 forms in gameplay. Jin can also switch forms in Tekken Tag 2(and Devil Within, but that's a different can of worms). And that's not even going into Omen Stance from TAG 1 and TAG 2, where Jin can mimic Heihachi. And the fact he gained a newer moveset in Tekken 4. Having a lot of moves to pull from. Stances like Mental Alertness could lead into different attacks depending on which input follows it, for example.

It should be clear I'm fine with any Mishima getting in, but I still feel like Kazuya's been treated as the least important of the 3. I'm more so making a case that there's no simple answer like Ryu, so I go for who I like the most.

I'm aware Heihachi has had the most crossover appearances.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Why have a boring, drab, historically innacurate black-clad ninja like Ryu when instead you could have cool, exciting, very realistic technicolour ninja with a laser scarf?

The choice is clear really.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I don't care if the fifth fighter is Hayabusa, Crash, or Reimu, I'm just ready to see what the post-pass DLC is all about. If I had to pick one of them I'd choose Hayabusa, since I like ninjas.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why have a boring, drab, historically innacurate black-clad ninja like Ryu when instead you could have cool, exciting, very realistic technicolour ninja with a laser scarf?

The choice is clear really.
Not a video game character. Began as an manga character. :p

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I've came up with episode ideas for those. Tell me what you think?

Lost Tapes: Bunyip
Summary: An Australian family purchases a lakeside summer home to begin spending their Summers there only for things to take a deadly turn when an beast living in the lake thought to had existed in the Aboriginal dreamtime stories begins to terrorize them.

Lost Tapes: Burrunjor
Summary: An American couple alongside their Aboriginal tour guide showing them the wonders of Uluru find themselves being stalked by an ancient predator.

Lost Tapes: Yowie
Summary: A University professor and his class of colleagues ventures into the Outbacks to study Aboriginal cave paintings while dismissing the warnings from local Aboriginals of a creature from the Dreamtime stories said to inhabit the area they're going into. Soon enough their studies is put to the side when the very being they thought was nothing more then folklore proves to be all too real.
I like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom