• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Should probably charge more honestly. Like at least 10 bucks.

As for commissions, I try not to pay for other people's art as I'm still practicing myself. And I want to be able to do my own commission work soon.
xD Heh, another friend told me the same thing. I should, but that would also depend on the complexity of the piece, specially if it is just a sketch (no color, and a little bit of rough lines). There's a lot of things I have to take into consideration. When it comes to commissions that ask for more than just the sketch, I already have a kind of stablished price (but again, complexity and the time it takes me to make it is something important I have to put before anything else).

I do the same myself, as I prefer to try and do things on my own, specially when it comes to personal projects. Good luck with it!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why have a boring, drab, historically innacurate black-clad ninja like Ryu when instead you could have cool, exciting, very realistic technicolour ninja with a laser scarf?

The choice is clear really.
I'd be happy with either. But Capcom's got TOO MANY cool characters. Can we straight up get a Capcom Fighter's Pass? As long as we get another Mega Man, and a Street Fighter character, the rest could be whatever.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The NES games are pretty hard, similarly to the old Mega Man games.

The 3D games, not so much, they're basically classic hack'n slash games but maybe a tiny bit harder than God of War.

I'm sure you'd like them (i haven't played all of them tho, but i'd recommend starting with Ninja Gaiden Black if you're interested).
Well, it is on Xbox Live backwards compatibility. Maybe once Christmas rolls around and I can afford it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
xD Heh, another friend told me the same thing. I should, but that would also depend on the complexity of the piece, specially if it is just a sketch (no color, and a little bit of rough lines). There's a lot of things I have to take into consideration. When it comes to commissions that ask for more than just the sketch, I already have a kind of stablished price (but again, complexity and the time it takes me to make it is something important I have to put before anything else).

I do the same myself, as I prefer to try and do things on my own, specially when it comes to personal projects. Good luck with it!
Same to you fam! You've got the talent, so let's get this bread.

Samus Thumbs up.gif

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Heck yeah! Your art is really good imo, so I love to get one drawing made by you. :D (not sure of what tho)

Speaking of drawing too, I finally finished the shading folks.

Tell me if you like it or not.

Also, huh, since I didn't show that drawing to you last time, say hello to my OC Marsa Mizuki, not draw by me, but by artist DMX.
What a shiny human being.
Jokes aside, I love the shading!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sorry, not sure what you mean here.
xD I just wanted to know if anyone would take the offer, just so I remind myself about that when I get home. I currently am a little bit sick, but I hope it doesn't stop me from working on anything.

D

Deleted member

xD I just wanted to know if anyone would take the offer, just so I remind myself about that when I get home. I currently am a little bit sick, but I hope it doesn't stop me from working on anything.
Ah gotcha. Also, hope you feel better soon.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
poumvirgktn31.jpg

Kirby: "What's that beeg gween thingy"
Keeby: "Eh, dunno"
Bandana Dee: "Um... guys, i think that's a cactus.
Koiby (Blue): "What are they doing over there?"
Kaby (Green): "Looking at that green spiky thing."
Found this on Reddit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane
Just looked at the costs of these games.... yikes. Ideally you would want the Simga/Razors Edge versions of each title, but they're pretty expensive in certain circles (Amazon is charging FULL PRICE for 2!). Why hasn't there been some sort of collection pack or something for these?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I knew that’s what you meant. I just worded that really badly, honestly.
Eh, no problem, I word alot of my thought quit badly at time imo, so I won't judge ya.

Marsa's abs will judge you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We need more killer creature films on lesser known cryptids and I mean with an actual budget with practical effects and good CGI.

Bunyip, dingonek and grootslang are definitely among those.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Halloween Tour is featured next in Mario Kart Tour, and I'm hoping the spotlight drivers are E Gadd and Gooigi.

Realistically, it's probably just Boo Mario and King Boo.
Isn’t Luigi a spotlight one? If so the other is probably gooigi

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Where do I play Ninja Gaiden? I'd like to get familiar with the game if we're getting the ninja boi.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Why have a boring, drab, historically innacurate black-clad ninja like Ryu when instead you could have cool, exciting, very realistic technicolour ninja with a laser scarf?

The choice is clear really.
>very realistic
>laser scarf

Make up your mind dude.

Also his classic outfit was dark blue, which is just as accurate as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't care if the fifth fighter is Hayabusa, Crash, or Reimu, I'm just ready to see what the post-pass DLC is all about. If I had to pick one of them I'd choose Hayabusa, since I like ninjas.
If I had to choose from one of the three my personal choice would be Reimu tbh for the music alone as Touhou music is so good.

Crash would be alright but I'm not interested in him and the biggest thing that would interest me from him would be the Nintendo vs Sega vs Microsoft vs Sony aspect though that said he is a solid choice regardless.

As for Ryu I'd be more than fine with him as well since I've played Ninja Gaiden and his classical ninja style is pretty cool plus it would be great if he brought unbreakable determination with him.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Eh, no problem, I word alot of my thought quit badly at time imo, so I won't judge ya.

Marsa's abs will judge you.
I have upset her abs, and now I must pay the price.
A30E29E9-BF63-4D5B-B830-CE36D9083CF4.png
Yeah though I probably should’ve just said “jokey mispronunciation” or something.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I get the feeling it’s either Hayabusa or someone not related to these leaks. I’d also predict it’ll be somebody from a company we don’t have a pick from in DLC yet. That would be Capcom, Namco, KT, Activision/Blizzard, etc...

I’m just not sold on anything yet. Hoping we get answers soon enough though.

Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane
Just looked at the costs of these games.... yikes. Ideally you would want the Simga/Razors Edge versions of each title, but they're pretty expensive in certain circles (Amazon is charging FULL PRICE for 2!). Why hasn't there been some sort of collection pack or something for these?
I have no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could probably find cheaper/used copies in a video game store or something, idk.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have upset her abs, and now I just pay the price.
Yeah though I probably should’ve just said “jokey mispronunciation” or something.
Wait, what is tha-
1a8.gif

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffff

OK, it got me good, I admit it.:laugh:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Tell me you don't want any Ninja Gaiden music in Smash whatsoever. Actually, don't do that.

D

Deleted member

Tell me you don't want any Ninja Gaiden music in Smash whatsoever. Actually, don't do that.
I meaaan I would love for Unbreakable Determination and other Ninja Gaiden songs to get in but over these?:
I don't know about that one chief there's some absolute bops within the Touhou franchise some maybe even better than the songs from Ninja Gaiden depending on whom you ask.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Unbreakable Determination is great.

There’s a lot of good music from some top tier 3rd party picks, so it’ll be cool to look back on what we end up getting once all is said and done.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I meaaan I would love for Unbreakable Determination and other Ninja Gaiden songs to get in but over these?:
I don't know about that one chief there's some absolute bops within the Touhou franchise some maybe even better than the songs from Ninja Gaiden depending on whom you ask.
Why are all the songs from this franchise 10 minutes long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom