• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Morning everyone, me & my family's going to the state fair today, so it'll be some fun to try some of the food there.

Also, can someone fill me in where this new Reimu leak came from?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Granted I’m only seeing this Reimu stuff now, and I really have no interest in the character...I have to say I don’t buy it.

My thing is, if your sources tell you about that music but know about her being in Smash or not? Like, what? That’s not how leaks typically work.

Leakers usually just say the characters and leave it at that, none of this , “OMG ARE THEY IN OR NOT?!” Nonsense.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What’s with all the reimu talk again? Did I miss something?
Some leaker said they heard something about how a bunch of Touhou fans being hired to make songs for Smash. There's a list of the songs, but I have trouble believing this part because the only two touhou songs I know (Bad Apple and U.N Open was Her) are nowhere to be seen.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Some leaker said they heard something about how a bunch of Touhou fans being hired to make songs for Smash. There's a list of the songs, but I have trouble believing this part because the only two touhou songs I know (Bad Apple and U.N Open was Her) are nowhere to be seen.
So what..Touhou fans? But not the actual musical composers from the series? Or in general?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
you cant have a Touhou character without U.N Owen Was her following it. its Touhou law

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The latter is also named uhhh Sunny Milk's Scarlet Mist Incident iirc so it'd be accounted for

D

Deleted member

Idk about this after that zun interview saying that he wants them in other games
Also like some said it could be anything like takio
And why that many tracks? I see it being 10 or 11
Where did this rumor come from? 4chan?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gist of the situation, as per posts here:
  • a touhou leaker (not a smash leaker or regular nintendo leaker) with an impressive track record writes in november 2018 that a number of doujin composers (the sort of people making fan remixes on niconico, youtube, etc.) have been contacted by nintendo to make arrangements of a long list of 23 touhou tracks for smash DLC somewhere down the line
  • the 'recent' video of series creator ZUN saying he'd like to see touhou in smash is recently found to have recorded all the way back in march, but has only been selectively uploaded now for some reason
  • the touhou leaker confirms that, to his knowledge, the whole doujin composers being contacted by nintendo situation is still true and has been going on all year
  • the leaker isn't sure what the music is for precisely, but can surmise it's for a touhou-smash crossover of some kind
basically a trusted leaker in the touhou community but not smash community who has proven connections and a lot riding on the line to be outright bull****ting

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If TouHou fans can compose the remixes for Smash, then that means that Minecraft fans can use their Minecraft parodies as Steve's music in Smash.

LETS GO
Creeper

Aw man

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
  • a touhou leaker (not a smash leaker or regular nintendo leaker) with an impressive track record writes in november 2018 that a number of doujin composers (the sort of people making fan remixes on niconico, youtube, etc.) have been contacted by nintendo to make arrangements of a long list of 23 touhou tracks for smash DLC somewhere down the line
  • the 'recent' video of series creator ZUN saying he'd like to see touhou in smash is recently found to have recorded all the way back in march, but has only been selectively uploaded now for some reason
  • the touhou leaker confirms that, to his knowledge, the whole doujin composers being contacted by nintendo situation is still true and has been going on all year
  • the leaker isn't sure what the music is for precisely, but can surmise it's for a touhou-smash crossover of some kind
basically a trusted leaker in the touhou community but not smash community who has proven connections and a lot riding on the line to be outright bull****ting
Hahahaaaaaa I live for these crazy ass developments in speculation

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sorry to ask, but how would a Reimu moveset even work? From what I know, she's the main protagonist of a bullet hell game, which would appear to offer very little moveset options beyond moving up, down, left, and right. I could see an antagonist working, as they could use various bullet formations, but the protagonist? It would kinda feel like adding the Undertale Heart, but then again I know absolutely nothing about the series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sorry to ask, but how would a Reimu moveset even work? From what I know, she's the main protagonist of a bullet hell game, which would appear to offer very little moveset options beyond moving up, down, left, and right. I could see an antagonist working, as they could use various bullet formations, but the protagonist? It would kinda feel like adding the Undertale Heart, but then again I know absolutely nothing about the series.
I'm not too familiar with the franchise but I know Touhou has multiple fighting games, maybe something from there?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If TouHou fans can compose the remixes for Smash, then that means that Minecraft fans can use their Minecraft parodies as Steve's music in Smash.

LETS GO
EVO grand finals. The Minecraft stage is discovered to be the most legal stage of all time. As the match starts, the music blares

"MINING AWAY"

D

Deleted member

I think reimu would be cool I’d be a tiny bit disappointed that she’ll be the first indie rep and not shantae but she’ll be fun regardles

D

Deleted member

The developers make up movesets all the time, a good example is Captain Falcon.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I just want this Fighters Pass to end already so I can move on to hoping that Rex and Shantae will make it in FP2 (they probably won't, but it's definitely a given that they missed their chance for FP1), so consider me indifferent to fighter #5 potentially being Reimu, Crash, or whoever else springs up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know.....

I don’t know why I didn’t expect for Smash’s first indie character to be someone that hasn’t even been released outside of Japan. Bless him, he’s trying to think more globally with his selections but sometimes he’s just gotta play for the home team.

Sometimes Japan just gotta japan.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, TKOWL has made a pretty well-made moveset concept for Reimu, it's one of my favorite fan-movesets that he's made.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, TKOWL has made a pretty well-made moveset concept for Reimu, it's one of my favorite fan-movesets that he's made.

Beyond that, aren’t there fighting game spinoffs of this franchise?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Four directions plus shooting mean more moveset potential than PAC-MAN.

D

Deleted member

You know.....

I don’t know why I didn’t expect for Smash’s first indie character to be someone that hasn’t even been released outside of Japan. Bless him, he’s trying to think more globally with his selections but sometimes he’s just gotta play for the home team.

Sometimes Japan just gotta japan.
To be fair, Touhou is still fairly popular outside of Japan.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
tfw people might be arranging Touhou music for Smash but none of the "known" ones are Sakuya's themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom