• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
so is there any sort of timeframe for when they're going to announce what the next poke man anime is gonna be

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
But do you remember the 21st?
The best time to listen to that song would actually be a week after the 21st so that you can remember the 21st when you listen to it. Otherwise you're wasting your time listening to that song while you could be experiencing the 21st so that you have something to reminisce about later in song form

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still can't believe Ash won a Pokemon League.

Also, that made National News.
You know it's a big deal in some fashion when Ash Ketchum makes national freaking news.

It's a real testament to the anime's lasting popularity despite it's longevity. Despite being around for more than 22 years in real time and rarely breaking off from it's not well-received status quo (which is one of the big reasons why the show started to become much more divisive after Johto), millions of people still love it, and it seems likely that millions people still support Ash as a character, too. He's still beloved and supported enough that, when he did finally earn the big win in a Pokemon League, millions of people have been vocally ecstatic about it. And it made the damn news. It's all over the news.

Just goes that show that, for all of the anime's flaws, Ash and the Pokemon anime as a whole really have been influential and are still going strong today. If they weren't, and this sudden victory still happened, I don't think it would've received anywhere near as much praise and media coverage as it is now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The young adults in Japan haven't forgotten what happened when they were kids.

Hundreds of children suffered actual seizures. Epilepsy in particular is a scary thing, it claimed the life of a Disney Star who was younger than I was earlier this year. If the intense flashing effect was never used, the incident and it's other consequences would've never happened, but alas, it wasn't as well-known of an issue at the time.

That being said...virtually acting like Porygon doesn't even exist in the anime's continuity for over two decades since that day is kinda overkill. If I recall right, it wasn't even the Porygon themselves that caused the flashing in-universe. It was actually none other than:ultpikachu:.

Now all that’s left is Half-Life 3...
That would be the perfect ending to an extremely crazy year.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I didn’t recognize that one since I actually haven’t watched the revival series yet.

How do you feel about the new show, there’s a backlog of old MST3K I still need to watch but I want to try some of the new stuff soon.
I love the revived show so far. It's such a unique series and I can't get enough of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom