• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

how tf did y'all get that out of the movie. I seriously wish I found it as good as everyone else did. Besides the very well written villain and good visual effects, I hated pretty much everything else about it
It was a fun, well made action flick with a very nice villain and pretty good fight scenes (except for the last one that one ****ing sucked)

It had a pretty cool afropunk setting and actually managed to tackle a prominent social issue in a very graceful way which is rare for a film. It's characters are well written and pretty damn funny, Shuri is legit one of my favorite MCU characters

It's no Civil War or anything but it's pretty slapping yeah

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
how tf did y'all get that out of the movie. I seriously wish I found it as good as everyone else did. Besides the very well written villain and good visual effects, I hated pretty much everything else about it
Cla dislikes it which makes it terrific by law

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Smashboards: The fanfic

CHAPTER 4

THE HUNGER GAMES PART 2: BREAKING DAWN

Noipoi ran as fast a his feet would take him, but he was wearing flip-flops and was generally uncoordinated so he wasn't doing a very good job of escaping. With ClaTheBae ClaTheBae 's flower pot gripped firmly in his hands and @GothFluttershy tucked under his arm, he bobbed and weaved through the trees, desperate to evade their pursuer. Sans was relentless, constantly throwing bones, firing his monstrous Gaster Blasters and all around being very very rude to our heroes. "So this is how I die" started Cla, huffing with adrenaline. "killed by a meme!" "Don't say that, we'll make it out. We always do!" said Noipoi, but even he was doubting his own words. "where ya going? 'Leafing' so soon?" joked Sans as he used a bone to chop down a tree, blocking Noipoi's current route. He fought to stifle a giggle as he ran towards another direction. "Really? You're laughing now?" asked Gothfluttershy, not amused. "i can't help it, i've got a funny bone!" Responded Noipoi, dodging a bone that was headed straight for his neck. "aw come on, i just wanna hang out. i've been feeling bonely." said Sans, punning again. Once again Noipoi was chuckling as he ran for his life, much to the chagrin of his diminutive companions. "There!" Gotherfluttershy pointed to a cove, hidden by trees. The three dove in, and silently watched as Sans walked by, still searching for them. "I think we're safe, but we won't be for long." said Cla, darkly. "Man" began Noipoi "I wonder where our friends are."

"So, who is this guy?" asked @Mr. Wario "Hugh Neutron is a legend, man! He was a hero, known far and wide for his acts of good. Only he could bring balance, but when the world needed him most, he vanished..." answered Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku like a child talking about their idol. @tehponycorn and
Mr. Wario shared a suspicious glance, but said nothing. "They're true, y'know. All the stories. I really did stop the Purple Flurp flood, and I really did ride into battle with my 10,00 duck army. " Smashing Ramen looked up at him in awe. "You did so many great things, you saved so many people, what happened?" " Cyn Cyn happened, Jimbo. Cyndane happened. She traps all who oppose her here, and no one gets out." Tehponycorn really didn't like that. "Trapped? Forever? No way! there's gotta be some way out of here!" Hugh gave a jaded look. "There might be, if it wasn't for her guards. They stop anyone from escaping. It's just @osby tonight, but even he is enough to defeat all of us." The friends didn't look satisfied with that response, and they silently followed him to his hidden safe haven. A shack of his own construction, which he deemed "The Taco Shack." The group entered, and took in their surroundings. the entire place was filled with ducks. Plastic ducks, plush ducks, duck mugs, duck pictures, duck pillows, duck curtains, duck carpet, duck toilet, duck condoms. Tons and tons of ducks. "Y'know, and correct me if i'm wrong, but I think he likes ducks." dryly quipped Mr. Wario. "Are you sure there's no way to escape?" Pleaded Smashing Ramen. Hugh remained silent for a while, his back turned to group and his whole being draped in shadow. He seemed to be thinking hard, and then he spoke. "...There's no way you can escape. me on the other hand..." The group suddenly paled as they realized what he meant. They were already running towards the door as he pulled out his katana. "They promised to set me free if I killed you. I could save people again." he tried to reason as he advanced on the group. "Save my ***!" responded tehponycorn. "Don't make this harder than it has to be..." said Hugh.
"You'd be stuck here forever. This is mercy..." He set his sights on Smashing Ramen, and suddenly he was right in front of him! He pushed him down to the ground, and readied his katana. "I looked up to you! You were my hero!" screamed Smashing Ramen, betrayed. Hugh gave a truly sad look. "Forgive me, little one." he said solemnly. As he lowered his katana, he was suddenly blasted away! He turned to see Mr. Wario, holding his waft-shot fart gun. Hugh picked up his katana and rushed towards Mr. Wario and Tehponycorn, ready to kill! Smashing Ramen tackled him to the ground, and repeatedly bashed his head against a rock. Hugh Neutron stopped moving. Smashing Ramen got up and looked at his handiwork in shame and disgust. "What have I done?"
He asked to no one in particular. Tehponycorn and Mr. wario didn't have the heart to give him an answer.

@AndreaAC marveled at the huge underground cave @TotsBS and @Zachmac led them too. "This is awesome. baby!" she spoke with glee. TotsBs had a brief war-flashback, but then he snapped out of it. "Yeah, it's pretty cool" spoke a voice. Andrea turned around, and found a woman dressed in old warrior garb. "I'm @Galaxy Queen Rosalina, the first warrior to try and oppose Cyndane. I've been here for years, waiting for a chance to escape. I think you are that chance. Well, you and your friends." Before Andrea could answer, SneakyLink SneakyLink hurried in. "Galaxy Queen Rosalina, they're here!" as if on cue, in walked @Moydow. Andrea immediately got defensive, "Aren't you with Cyndane?" she asked. Moydow blinked for a moment, and chuckled, "Oh no, i'm on your side! For centuries i've watched Cyndane preform acts of unspeakable evil. I've had enough! I'm going to help you all defeat Cyndane!" an Opossum stepped in next, but it wasn't any Opossum, it was @Opossum. With Shroob Shroob and Pyra Pyra with him. "Rosalina, Moydow, it's time." Said Opossum. Rosalina and Moydow looked at each other and nodded, and off they went. "wait!" cried Andrea "I still don't understand!" "you will soon!" answered Rosalina. "Find the blue one, he is the key to your freedom." spoke Moydow cryptically. Andrea was at a loss for a moment, but then she realized exactly who the blue one is.

@God Emperor Yoshi (aka Zinith) paced around the desert. He told the others to go ahead while he searched for food. Unfortunately this desert was completely barren. Not even a cactus in sight, and they're the quenchiest! As he searched, he saw six figures on the horizon. Two of which he recognized, four of which he didn't. The first two were staindgrey staindgrey and @faygoshill who have wandered the desert for days after Thomas the Tank Engine chased them through the forest. The rest were Gentlepanda Gentlepanda @Rhadamanthus @PsySmasher and @Professor Pumpkaboo who tagged along, also running from Thomas' murderous rage. "Yoshi! (There you guys are! It's been a while!)" spoke Zinith. "Yeah dude, we've been here for days." heaved staindgrey. "Thomas doesn't **** around." moaned Faygoshill. Zinith looked apologetic. "Yoshi (aw geez, there was a guy who knows somewhere safe but you just missed him...)". The Gentlepanda knew ho he meant. "Oh don't worry, I got this.". He raised his head to the sky and howled "ELMA GANG" Suddenly every Elma fan within a 100 mile radius started chanting and screaming "elma gang elma gang" including Faygoshill, right into staindgreys ear. "Follow the howls, and we'll get to safety.' said Psysmasher. "Yoshi (I wonder when i'll get to eat something)" thought Zinith as he followed the group.

Oh God, Oh ****. Sans found them. Sans found Noipoi and now he was running for his life. he had left Cla and Gothfluttershy behind to protect them, so now it was just him and Sans. Noipoi ran into the cliff side, a dead end. Sans summoned two Gaster Blasters on each of his sides, blocking his possible escape. Sans grinned even more. "well well, looks like your boned." As Sans summoned enough bones to finish the job ten times over, Noipoi laughed. He laughed and laughed without restraining himself, for he knew he would never laugh again.
Wait... I'm not supposed to be in this! My role was Not-Appearing-In-This-Fanfic! /s

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It was a fun, well made action flick with a very nice villain and pretty good fight scenes (except for the last one that one ****ing sucked)

It had a pretty cool afropunk setting and actually managed to tackle a prominent social issue in a very graceful way which is rare for a film. It's characters are well written and pretty damn funny, Shuri is legit one of my favorite MCU characters

It's no Civil War or anything but it's pretty slapping yeah
and you know faygo means it when he brings out the capital letters

D

Deleted member

I loved how Wakanda felt like a cool place with its own culture. The actual trial by combat fight scenes felt intense and had me gritting my teeth in tension.

The actual Black Panther stuff actually held it back

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Quick question: Do any of you folks care much if I use images in my upcoming sim or not?

I could start the sim immediately if not. If enough people want images, then I'll shoot for later tonight.

D

Deleted member

CHAPTER 4

Noipoi ran as fast a his feet would take him, but he was wearing flip-flops and was generally uncoordinated so he wasn't doing a very good job of escaping. With ClaTheBae ClaTheBae 's flower pot gripped firmly in his hands and @GothFluttershy tucked under his arm, he bobbed and weaved through the trees, desperate to evade their pursuer. Sans was relentless, constantly throwing bones, firing his monstrous Gaster Blasters and all around being very very rude to our heroes. "So this is how I die" started Cla, huffing with adrenaline. "killed by a meme!" "Don't say that, we'll make it out. We always do!" said Noipoi, but even he was doubting his own words. "where ya going? 'Leafing' so soon?" joked Sans as he used a bone to chop down a tree, blocking Noipoi's current route. He fought to stifle a giggle as he ran towards another direction. "Really? You're laughing now?" asked Gothfluttershy, not amused. "i can't help it, i've got a funny bone!" Responded Noipoi, dodging a bone that was headed straight for his neck. "aw come on, i just wanna hang out. i've been feeling bonely." said Sans, punning again. Once again Noipoi was chuckling as he ran for his life, much to the chagrin of his diminutive companions. "There!" Gotherfluttershy pointed to a cove, hidden by trees. The three dove in, and silently watched as Sans walked by, still searching for them. "I think we're safe, but we won't be for long." said Cla, darkly. "Man" began Noipoi "I wonder where our friends are."

"So, who is this guy?" asked @Mr. Wario "Hugh Neutron is a legend, man! He was a hero, known far and wide for his acts of good. Only he could bring balance, but when the world needed him most, he vanished..." answered Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku like a child talking about their idol. @tehponycorn and
Mr. Wario shared a suspicious glance, but said nothing. "They're true, y'know. All the stories. I really did stop the Purple Flurp flood, and I really did ride into battle with my 10,00 duck army. " Smashing Ramen looked up at him in awe. "You did so many great things, you saved so many people, what happened?" " Cyn Cyn happened, Jimbo. Cyndane happened. She traps all who oppose her here, and no one gets out." Tehponycorn really didn't like that. "Trapped? Forever? No way! there's gotta be some way out of here!" Hugh gave a jaded look. "There might be, if it wasn't for her guards. They stop anyone from escaping. It's just @osby tonight, but even he is enough to defeat all of us." The friends didn't look satisfied with that response, and they silently followed him to his hidden safe haven. A shack of his own construction, which he deemed "The Taco Shack." The group entered, and took in their surroundings. the entire place was filled with ducks. Plastic ducks, plush ducks, duck mugs, duck pictures, duck pillows, duck curtains, duck carpet, duck toilet, duck condoms. Tons and tons of ducks. "Y'know, and correct me if i'm wrong, but I think he likes ducks." dryly quipped Mr. Wario. "Are you sure there's no way to escape?" Pleaded Smashing Ramen. Hugh remained silent for a while, his back turned to group and his whole being draped in shadow. He seemed to be thinking hard, and then he spoke. "...There's no way you can escape. me on the other hand..." The group suddenly paled as they realized what he meant. They were already running towards the door as he pulled out his katana. "They promised to set me free if I killed you. I could save people again." he tried to reason as he advanced on the group. "Save my ***!" responded tehponycorn. "Don't make this harder than it has to be..." said Hugh.
"You'd be stuck here forever. This is mercy..." He set his sights on Smashing Ramen, and suddenly he was right in front of him! He pushed him down to the ground, and readied his katana. "I looked up to you! You were my hero!" screamed Smashing Ramen, betrayed. Hugh gave a truly sad look. "Forgive me, little one." he said solemnly. As he lowered his katana, he was suddenly blasted away! He turned to see Mr. Wario, holding his waft-shot fart gun. Hugh picked up his katana and rushed towards Mr. Wario and Tehponycorn, ready to kill! Smashing Ramen tackled him to the ground, and repeatedly bashed his head against a rock. Hugh Neutron stopped moving. Smashing Ramen got up and looked at his handiwork in shame and disgust. "What have I done?"
He asked to no one in particular. Tehponycorn and Mr. wario didn't have the heart to give him an answer.

@AndreaAC marveled at the huge underground cave @TotsBS and @Zachmac led them too. "This is awesome. baby!" she spoke with glee. TotsBs had a brief war-flashback, but then he snapped out of it. "Yeah, it's pretty cool" spoke a voice. Andrea turned around, and found a woman dressed in old warrior garb. "I'm @Galaxy Queen Rosalina, the first warrior to try and oppose Cyndane. I've been here for years, waiting for a chance to escape. I think you are that chance. Well, you and your friends." Before Andrea could answer, SneakyLink SneakyLink hurried in. "Galaxy Queen Rosalina, they're here!" as if on cue, in walked @Moydow. Andrea immediately got defensive, "Aren't you with Cyndane?" she asked. Moydow blinked for a moment, and chuckled, "Oh no, i'm on your side! For centuries i've watched Cyndane preform acts of unspeakable evil. I've had enough! I'm going to help you all defeat Cyndane!" an Opossum stepped in next, but it wasn't any Opossum, it was @Opossum. With Shroob Shroob and Pyra Pyra with him. "Rosalina, Moydow, it's time." Said Opossum. Rosalina and Moydow looked at each other and nodded, and off they went. "wait!" cried Andrea "I still don't understand!" "you will soon!" answered Rosalina. "Find the blue one, he is the key to your freedom." spoke Moydow cryptically. Andrea was at a loss for a moment, but then she realized exactly who the blue one is.

@God Emperor Yoshi (aka Zinith) paced around the desert. He told the others to go ahead while he searched for food. Unfortunately this desert was completely barren. Not even a cactus in sight, and they're the quenchiest! As he searched, he saw six figures on the horizon. Two of which he recognized, four of which he didn't. The first two were staindgrey staindgrey and @faygoshill who have wandered the desert for days after Thomas the Tank Engine chased them through the forest. The rest were Gentlepanda Gentlepanda @Rhadamanthus @PsySmasher and @Professor Pumpkaboo who tagged along, also running from Thomas' murderous rage. "Yoshi! (There you guys are! It's been a while!)" spoke Zinith. "Yeah dude, we've been here for days." heaved staindgrey. "Thomas doesn't **** around." moaned Faygoshill. Zinith looked apologetic. "Yoshi (aw geez, there was a guy who knows somewhere safe but you just missed him...)". The Gentlepanda knew ho he meant. "Oh don't worry, I got this.". He raised his head to the sky and howled "ELMA GANG" Suddenly every Elma fan within a 100 mile radius started chanting and screaming "elma gang elma gang" including Faygoshill, right into staindgreys ear. "Follow the howls, and we'll get to safety.' said Psysmasher. "Yoshi (I wonder when i'll get to eat something)" thought Zinith as he followed the group.

Oh God, Oh ****. Sans found them. Sans found Noipoi and now he was running for his life. he had left Cla and Gothfluttershy behind to protect them, so now it was just him and Sans. Noipoi ran into the cliff side, a dead end. Sans summoned two Gaster Blasters on each of his sides, blocking his possible escape. Sans grinned even more. "well well, looks like your boned." As Sans summoned enough bones to finish the job ten times over, Noipoi laughed. He laughed and laughed without restraining himself, for he knew he would never laugh again.
So Sans is Jack Torrance?
Either way, I love this! I have to read Chapter 2 and 3 though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

CHAPTER 4

who the **** let you learn about condoms that's the responsible thing to do so that can't be right

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What is it, like, day 3000 without any Shin Megami Tensei V news?
Well, you're close:

We are at...
looks at watch
Day 801 of absolutely zero SMTV news.

Meanwhile, the rest of Atlus have...
nahyuta scroll.gif

• Announced and Released Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
  • Announced and Released Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2
  • Announced and Released Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
  • Announced and Released Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
  • Announced and Released Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
  • Announced and Released Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  • Announced and Released Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
  • Announced and Released Catherine: Full Body
  • Announced Persona 5: The Royal and have a confirmed presence at SEGA FES 2019 in 5 days and news on April 24th.
Nahyuta scroll 2.gif

... and yall can't wait a single month (or 5 days) for P5Royal news, SMH.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

CHAPTER 4

Love these new developments

D

Deleted member

He raised his head to the sky and howled "ELMA GANG" Suddenly every Elma fan within a 100 mile radius started chanting and screaming "elma gang elma gang" including Faygoshill, right into staindgreys ear. "Follow the howls, and we'll get to safety.' said Psysmasher.
gang gang we out here

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I loved how Wakanda felt like a cool place with its own culture. The actual trial by combat fight scenes felt intense and had me gritting my teeth in tension.

The actual Black Panther stuff actually held it back
Yeah like I thought the exposition was kinda boring and went on a little too long at parts.

Also the movie really tried to convince the audience that the main protagonist was dead like wtf why. We aren't stupid, why dangle this stupid fake consequence over our head?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hugh picked up his katana and rushed towards Mr. Wario and Tehponycorn, ready to kill! Smashing Ramen tackled him to the ground, and repeatedly bashed his head against a rock. Hugh Neutron stopped moving. Smashing Ramen got up and looked at his handiwork in shame and disgust. "What have I done?"
You did it! You actually did it!

I was legit hoping that you were gonna carry that over.

And you did! You madman!

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Quick question: Do any of you folks care much if I use images in my upcoming sim or not?

I could start the sim immediately if not. If enough people want images, then I'll shoot for later tonight.
Images aren’t even relevant during the game itself when posted here usually so I wouldn’t worry about it

D

Deleted member

Well, you're close:

We are at...
looks at watch

View attachment 201152
  • Announced Persona 5: The Royal and have a confirmed presence at SEGA FES 2019 in 5 days and news on April 24th.
View attachment 201153
Real talk, I think SMT V might just be silently cancelled.

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda surprised at how people are trying to defend State of Play. Look, the format is nice, bootleg Nintendo Direct, that's alright.

However, it's what content you have inside, the pacing and the openers and closer announcements. The content wasn't good, they definitely have games and series that they could update or reveal more info on. Focused WAY too heavily on PSVR, which is still only a subset of people who have it.

If Nintendo has been doing this for the better half of SIX YEARS at this point, you'd think Sony would take some notes through that time. Honestly, I'm just wondering what's going on at Sony's PS division right now. They cancelled PSX last year and E3 this year, the PS Classic was not good, starting to take a much more harsher stance on censorship for some people, etc. At least with Xbox Scarlett coming very soon, Microsoft still has stuff to show, and even Nintendo back during the Wii U had SOME stuff, so I don't think "prepping for PS5" is a good enough reason.

Anyways that's my quick thoughts on the matter while I'm here at work.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well, you're close:

We are at...
looks at watch

View attachment 201152
View attachment 201153
something something A Development Update on Shin Megami Tensei V

D

Deleted member

In all seriousness, I think comedy is genuinely the hardest genre to write in just because humor is so subjective. If something is intended to be a comedy but isn't getting laughs, it's gonna end up being painfully awkward instead. If you get it wrong, there's no saving it.
Comedy is hard to wright, Am I wright?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
who the **** let you learn about condoms that's the responsible thing to do so that can't be right
Real story about condoms incoming.

When I first moved out to Oregon, I transferred to Oregon State for a semester before figuring out it really wasn't for me. On my move-in day, my family helped me move in, and at the front desk was a jar full of condoms with a big "TAKE ONE!" sign along with a list of reasons why you should practice safe sex. In front of my RA, my dad made a public spectacle of how that's not okay and this is the downfall of society and blah blah.

Uh, long story short I actually hooked up with that RA and she remembered that and made fun of me every time it was necessary to use one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Real story about condoms incoming.

When I first moved out to Oregon, I transferred to Oregon State for a semester before figuring out it really wasn't for me. On my move-in day, my family helped me move in, and at the front desk was a jar full of condoms with a big "TAKE ONE!" sign along with a list of reasons why you should practice safe sex. In front of my RA, my dad made a public spectacle of how that's not okay and this is the downfall of society and blah blah.

Uh, long story short I actually hooked up with that RA and she remembered that and made fun of me every time it was necessary to use one.
Your life is just full of oh-so very interesting stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom