• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, something with thise Simpsons Disney+ commercials just feels... wrong. I mean, having the whole Simpson family dress up as different characters from different properties that Disney owns just doesn't bode well with me.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
graphics are the least of my problems with SWSH but i did find this pretty funny

1573593214633.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also, something with thise Simpsons Disney+ commercials just feels... wrong. I mean, having the whole Simpson family dress up as different characters from different properties that Disney owns just doesn't bode well with me.
Did you also hear how the service crops episodes?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Harmoknight was good, considering it was a budget download-only 3DS rhythm game.
I played the demo and I liked it but had it not been for that I wouldn't even know it existed
It’s all hypothetical at the moment. But it would be 22 minute episodes. I’ll just use the standard 26 episode season (13 fall episodes, holiday break, 13 spring episodes)
Give me a quick premise of what you have and what you want to explore with the characters

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Oh I've been enjoying it, it's just that when I got Jade and Rab they were level 25, a whole 7 levels lower than everyone else and the big ass spider boss which is apparantly super tough ended up not giving me any **** outside of full team attacks
Dang you've been grinding a bit then. So it seems kinda unfair to blame the game.

I think Rab and Jade were 5 levels above me when I got them.

D

Deleted member

Throwback to the time Spider-Man’s life was narrated by Morgan Freeman on public television:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dang you've been grinding a bit then. So it seems kinda unfair to blame the game.

I think Rab and Jade were 5 levels above me when I got them.
I came across like 10 Metal Slimes but outside of playing the demo for an extra hour to wait for the full game to download, I haven't been trying to grind at all. Guess the overworld system doesn't agree with my general style of games

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I played the demo and I liked it but had it not been for that I wouldn't even know it existed

Give me a quick premise of what you have and what you want to explore with the characters
It’s a hypothetical Justice League show. Starting from the teams founding and moving through the events that set them in motion. I was thinking about using a slightly larger cast than usual to add more diversity and to the cast and to explore this kind of “office friends” relationships. They don’t live together in an HQ, they have their own lives that they go home to every night. They come together to deal with larger problems and share resources, but they’re not all friends right away. It’s like how it works in an office, you have to work together to get the job done but personalities clash and each one has different methods of doing things. Eventually it could blossom into deeper friendships, but it’s not guaranteed.

I think I over explained.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I've been doing the post game and my party is already level 76-79 already. And I still have stuff to do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It’s a hypothetical Justice League show. Starting from the teams founding and moving through the events that set them in motion. I was thinking about using a slightly larger cast than usual to add more diversity and to the cast and to explore this kind of “office friends” relationships. They don’t live together in an HQ, they have their own lives that they go home to every night. They come together to deal with larger problems and share resources, but they’re not all friends right away. It’s like how it works in an office, you have to work together to get the job done but personalities clash and each one has different methods of doing things. Eventually it could blossom into deeper friendships, but it’s not guaranteed.

I think I over explained.
I mean, the run time is like the first season of the JL cartoon and that was filled with 2 parters so a somewhat larger main cast than the original JL cartoon sounds good

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
As someone who already lost interest in Pokemon a while back, I think its current problems don’t entirely stem from Game Freak’s potential incompetence. I no doubt think that the staff working there just aren’t used to making big-budget titles like this, but the constant rushing is necessary for the franchise to function. The Pokemon videogames are really just one cog in the massive Pokemon machine. They have to make yearly releases so the anime and TGC have new things to cross-promote, they have to add in new gimmicks for the marketing of things like the anime, they have to save time on making new models because any delay has a ripple effect on the entire multi-media empire. It’s unfortunate, and I think that model is really starting to catch up with them now. Being controlled by two other companies certainly doesn’t help either I’d imagine.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As someone who already lost interest in Pokemon a while back, I think its current problems don’t entirely stem from Game Freak’s potential incompetence. I no doubt think that the staff working there just aren’t used to making big-budget titles like this, but the constant rushing is necessary for the franchise to function. The Pokemon videogames are really just one cog in the massive Pokemon machine. They have to make yearly releases so the anime and TGC have new things to cross-promote, they have to add in new gimmicks for the marketing of things like the anime, they have to save time on making new models because any delay has a ripple effect on the entire multi-media empire. It’s unfortunate, and I think that mode, is really starting to catch up with them now. Being controlled by two other companies certainly doesn’t help either I’d imagine.
Let GameFreak just design the Pokémon, the only thing they’re really good at, while working on their own projects. Then outsource the actual development to someone that knows basic programming.

I still wanna see a Square Enix developed Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

Peter Parker: “Oh Ned, I’m so ****ed!”

Ned Leeds: “What’s going on?”

Peter Parker: “The Spoiler has joined Mysterio and is making the entire planet believe I am giving everyone orange globe sandwhiches:

Hard to bite

Difficult to chew

And hard to swallow”

Ned Leeds: “Holy ****! That’s more ****ed than the father of your girl attempting to murder you on his car at the entrance of a homecoming party or a mad man literally destroying your life and traumatizing you for life by making you see your biggest fears in front of your eyes and announcing he would kill all your beloved relatives!”

Peter Parker: “It truly is”

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How many characters do you plan on using to start out with, I know the feeling as I’m working on two team series concepts at the moment.
I’ve landed on 12. With the caviot that not every character is in every episode. Sometimes they’re all there, but other missions just don’t require the whole team.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I've been doing the post game and my party is already level 76-79 already. And I still have stuff to do.
IIRC my party was in the late 80's - early 90's when I beat the superboss in my easy run, and that was on the PS4 version and I think they added a harder superboss to the switch. I fully expect to have a maxed out party by the end of this run.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’ve landed on 12. With the caviot that not every character is in every episode. Sometimes they’re all there, but other missions just don’t require the whole team.
That’s more or less how I’d approach my series. But yeah it would be best to start out small at first and slowly build up. Possibly 5 or 6.

Both my series start out with one-two characters and they build up their teams over time, likely will both have their full main teams complete by the end of the first season. (For the record I have about 5 on one team, and 8 on the other but there’s technically about 13-14 on that latter one)

D

Deleted member

As someone who already lost interest in Pokemon a while back, I think its current problems don’t entirely stem from Game Freak’s potential incompetence. I no doubt think that the staff working there just aren’t used to making big-budget titles like this, but the constant rushing is necessary for the franchise to function. The Pokemon videogames are really just one cog in the massive Pokemon machine. They have to make yearly releases so the anime and TGC have new things to cross-promote, they have to add in new gimmicks for the marketing of things like the anime, they have to save time on making new models because any delay has a ripple effect on the entire multi-media empire. It’s unfortunate, and I think that mode, is really starting to catch up with them now. Being controlled by two other companies certainly doesn’t help either I’d imagine.
There's definitely more at work here than just Game Freak. Nowadays games this big that come out of the oven this bad usually have some sort of story attached to them.
And yeah it's starting to become clear that GF is a double A studio that's stuck developing for a triple A franchise, and a rather big one to boot. Either they need to be given the space and time to work properly or they need more help in general.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There's definitely more at work here than just Game Freak. Nowadays games this big that come out of the oven this bad usually have some sort of story attached to them.
And yeah it's starting to become clear that GF is a double A studio that's stuck developing for a triple A franchise, and a rather big one to boot. Either they need to be given the space and time to work properly or they need more help in general.
Thing is, that'd require a bigger budget, bigger budget means less profits, less profits means the CEO of TPC doesn't get as many pennies in his bank account and that's what matters most to him as the worst selling main series Pokemon games still sold 8 million

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gamefreak has 143 employees.

that’s pretty damn small. If they split the team between the two games that’s an even smaller team for both games and would explain why a lot of people went to town not these games and why they would need extras. The modeling is a fair point but the guy could have just misinterpreted it based on what he knew. Regardless I really don’t see them leaving the dex out in future
Except Town is directly stated to have a very small team, so there's very little chance that the game stole away anywhere near a sizable amount that would affect SwSh development. Also, he claims that he has inside knowledge of GF, and yet isn't aware of how they handle their modeling process and is public knowledge, which is a red flag.

There's more reason to believe he's wrong and just getting easy street cred then him having any insider information, so it's not worth paying attention to.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man I remember when I liked to talk about Pokemon, now it just makes me depressed.

I'm not canceling my preorders because I'm a Pokemon drone and I know I'll probably enjoy the games no matter what, but I still have full respect for everyone else's choice to boycott the games if they wish.
I'm honestly shocked no one at Pokemon has started claiming their fans are toxic man babies or whatever is the word of the day is in pop culture
That would be the one thing that'd make their current PR disaster even worse.

Even I'd probably turn against them for that.

D

Deleted member

Geez, I see everyone being half-salty and half-hyped over Pokemon. If the game didn't sell well, that's the fault of the devs for trying to cut most of the Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom