• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He deserves it but sometimes I think he doesn't want to
I just feel like he should give the Smash series to someone he trusts and personally prepared for the time he retires.
Or if you ask me, maybe they could consider HAL itself to test stuff at least with a port.

Star Allies made me believe that HAL may be a good choice for the next Smash games, since the gameplay for each Dream Friends feels like something reminiscent of Smash.

D

Deleted member

Just read the WSJ's report on the Switch Mini and Switch Pro rumors.

Eeehhh...I'm probably not gonna upgrade. I like my current Switch just fine, and I'm not gonna spend what will most likely be $400+ for the Pro model that probably won't be worth it anyways. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

I just have one worry regarding this Playstation Direct...
You know how Sony makes too many mistakes when they tend to do the same as Nintendo?
Because I fear that this could end the same way.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I just feel like he should give the Smash series to someone he trusts and personally prepared for the time he retires.
Or if you ask me, maybe they could consider HAL itself to test stuff at least with a port.

Star Allies made me believe that HAL may be a good choice for the next Smash games, since the gameplay for each Dream Friends feels like something reminiscent of Smash.
On one hand, giving Smash to HAL would likely cause us to lose a lot of the new features of Ultimate that the hardcore fanbase really enjoyed.

On the other, we'll finally get another Kirby character, soooo... You win some, lose some.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
On one hand, giving Smash to HAL would likely cause us to lose a lot of the new features of Ultimate that the hardcore fanbase really enjoyed.

On the other, we'll finally get another Kirby character, soooo... You win some, lose some.
i always knew we'd have to sell smash's soul to get bandana dee

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice

He definitely should but if he had anyone to trust he would've done it since brawl tbh. I don't believe theres anybody that can polish as great as sakurai and i appreciate the **** out of him for it

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know how Sony makes too many mistakes when they tend to do the same as Nintendo?
Video starts...
5 seconds later...

0F3D2A94-BDE7-469E-87B1-0C2C4BD6C414.gif

This may be hilarious later.

D

Deleted member

He definitely should but if he had anyone to trust he would've done it since brawl tbh. I don't believe theres anybody that can polish as great as sakurai and i appreciate the **** out of him for it
Me too, he is a great role model (not sure if I could use a better word) for many workers in the gaming industry.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Sakurai's great and all, but we're at the DLC stages right now
Proportionally, DLC is only a small fraction of the total: five (or maybe more) characters in a 70+ roster
Sakurai's laid a great foundation - I doubt a new director running the DLC could badly mess things up

D

Deleted member

Sony's Direct memes won't be as good as Nintendo's, so what's even the point?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I think regardless of how many more fighter passes we get, when the first one is wrapped up Sakurai should step away from Smash Bros and take a vacation for a good few years. He's done enough, he should rest.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
most exciting thing sony could show for me today is an english version of p5 the royal trailer

because then we'd at least have some indication that the release won't be stuck behind a 6 month localisation delay like most atlus games

D

Deleted member

Holy wumpa with the time of State Of Play.
It is at 21:00 where I live, and it’s only 14:37 at the moment.

We need to wait a good chunk of time before it starts.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I think regardless of how many more fighter passes we get, when the first one is wrapped up Sakurai should step away from Smash Bros and take a vacation for a good few years. He's done enough, he should rest.
Jokes on you, he actually just started the project plan for Super Smash Bros. Miniature for the Switch Mini, get ****ed

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sakurai's great and all, but we're at the DLC stages right now
Proportionally, DLC is only a small fraction of the total: five (or maybe more) characters in a 70+ roster
Sakurai's laid a great foundation - I doubt a new director running the DLC could badly mess things up
I'm gonna be honest with you, it really doesn't make a difference to me at this point. Nintendo chose the DLC, so it's all set.

Mewtwo and Lucas were my most hype characters last time we got DLC, so unless Sakurai adds someone extra who I really wanted for a long time and not just a third-party and/or a promotional character who isn't a Gen 8 Pokemon, you could replace him with another director and I probably wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, Sony's E3 presentation last year was an actual dumpster fire with the only good thing being Resident Evil 2 Remake being announced, I can't see this reaching those levels.

Though, then again all they ever announce are games that'll release three - five years down the line...

thinkscott.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I mean, Sony's E3 presentation last year was an actual dumpster fire with the only good thing being Resident Evil 2 Remake being announced, I can't see this reaching those levels.

Though, then again all they ever announce are games that'll release three - five years down the line...

View attachment 200960
Now they aren’t even attending E3 so they realize “Y’know what? Let’s do what Nintendo does instead.”

Except Nintendo still goes to E3 so already Sony failed to check their homework.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Jokes on you, he actually just started the project plan for Super Smash Bros. Miniature for the Switch Mini, get ****ed
f59.jpg

Sad part is that I know you're joking, but that he's just going to hop onto another project to overwork himself in is a legitimate possibility. Man deserves time to spend with his wife and cat.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm gonna be honest with you, it really doesn't make a difference to me at this point. Nintendo chose the DLC, so it's all set.

Mewtwo and Lucas were my most hype characters last time we got DLC, so unless Sakurai adds someone extra who I really wanted for a long time and not just a third-party and/or a promotional character who isn't a Gen 8 Pokemon, you could replace him with another director and I probably wouldn't mind.
I like the attention to details in characters which I hope would be replicated in DLC fighters, but I don't think that's Sakurai-specific: another director could be equally loving in this respect

There's also the risk of overstating Sakurai's input and minimizing what the rest of the team does: yeah, he's deffo involved a lot, but Smash isn't a one-man show

And perhaps if Sakurai took a step back for future DLC, it wouldn't just be Kirby that might have better odds for a newcomer *cough*Zelda*cough*

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I will die if they announce any of the following
- Animal Crossing
- Kratos in Smash
- Undertale 3
- Devil May Cry 6
- Disney Infinity 4.0
- Knack 3
- Club Penguin 2
- EA Sports: The John Madden Collection

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The Squid Sisters have talked about Modeling swimsuits during a splatfest which suggests they swim and Marie mentions in the single player that Agent 4 has better hygiene than Agent 3 which suggests they bathe.

You just uploaded kissy kisses? I’m glad we’re in agreement that Pearl and Marina are gay and dating.

You only won because I was asleep at the time of posting (and you had an unfair advantage with the rabbits) but yeah I’m glad to know that we both ship them pretty hard.
70F3EE97-72DA-4416-A4CF-1F0E3E8252E7.gif

@MainJPW Wademan94 Wademan94 get a room. And then frame all those pictures and put them on the walls and invite me into it.

Also **** I'm over 7000 posts when did that happen.
Okay but that’s gonna be a big ass room.

D

Deleted member

Gonna call this now, Sony is actually done with E3 and PlayStation Direct alongside their PlayStation Experience is gonna be their new forefront of announcements. It's a shame, but honestly, looking back at like the past three or so years with E3, in the long-term, have those announcements really been worth it?

Final Fantasy VII Remake is never coming out until PlayStation 7.
Kingdom Hearts III released after five years from it's initial announcement and doesn't even have an endgame.
Days Gone now is pushed to the side like it's nothing.
We're still confused about Death Stranding.
The Last Guardian ended up not living to the lofty expectations.
Shenmue III is practically dead silent.

I could list off more, and you could just as easily point out stuff from Microsoft and Nintendo's side too, but this has always been Sony's biggest problem with E3. And looking at how successful Nintendo Directs have done, I'm not surprised at all that Sony copied out of the Nintendo handbook again. The question is how they'll go about doing these.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Right now I'm just wondering if we're going to surpass 3000 pages before Nintendo actually ends our DLC suffering for Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom