• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Never! I need all the power! The rainbow :forrest: revolution has already begun and it cannot be stopped now! Join now and get an additional five floors to map out for free! :foe!:
*blah blah blah*
I dare you to make the Fates-style Map Sprite of Lyn from Warriors a Smiley.

I dare you to make the Charlotte map sprite a Smiley (do it for me, and Praline, but mostly me).
I'm actually joking.

D

Deleted member

Oh. K. Sorry. Tired. Flat. Too much info at 6:15 am.
it's ok lol
also Moydow Moydow if we can get this random **** as smilies can we at least get a Pikachu Libre stock icon
also an Overalls Wario stock icon

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have two, mutually exclusive, questions.
Why did you have a flat tire in your bed?
Why are you sleeping in your garage?
I mean, you can call my SO a flat tire, but I’ll take offense.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
it's ok lol
also Moydow Moydow if we can get this random **** as smilies can we at least get a Pikachu Libre stock icon
also an Overalls Wario stock icon
"random ****"

Excuse me, Forrest is the single best thing to come out of Fire Emblem Fates, that's way more significant than "random ****". :forrest:

As for the other stuff, that's a Warchamp job, not much I can do there because of how those icons are managed.

D

Deleted member

"random ****"

Excuse me, Forrest is the single best thing to come out of Fire Emblem Fates, that's way more significant than "random ****". :forrest:

As for the other stuff, that's a Warchamp job, not much I can do there because of how those icons are managed.
i was more talking about :foe!: and :smileye:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What’s the main topic over here this fine morning before it becomes a school morning to take a quick and easy test while suffering from the fears of Walking Dead killing Clementine to break everything I love in life”?

KMDP

Smash Legend
♫♪♫ Aa... Ano hi no hinadori ga habataite yuku hateshinai sora e... 『lalalalalalala… lalalalalalala…』♪♫♪
...What?

The Prankster 16

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5261-0723-0145
They targeted gamers.
Gamers.
We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.
We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.
We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.
Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know every little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana thatthey can literally play these games blindfolded.
Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?
These people honestly think this is a battle they can win?
They take our media? We're already building a new one without them.
They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves.
They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition
They've threatened us with. Who take it as a challenge when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.
Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
(Also just noticed that next week will be my 1-year anniversary of first logging on here)

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Adam Sandler beat Miles Morales’s voice actor at the KCAs y’all shouldn’t be expecting Oscar-tier judging (not that oscars is that good at judging either)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

> wakes up
> looks at phone
> quick news timeline pops up
> "Report: Nintendo Releasing Two Switch Models This Year"

DpaGDQfU8AAc0oh.jpg

D

Deleted member

They targeted gamers.
Gamers.
We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.
We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.
We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.
Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know every little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana thatthey can literally play these games blindfolded.
Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?
These people honestly think this is a battle they can win?
They take our media? We're already building a new one without them.
They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves.
They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition
They've threatened us with. Who take it as a challenge when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.
Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
You might have seen the memes on the internet saying how gamers are the most oppressed group on the earth. And how they will “Rise Up”. On the surface this is a pretty stupid, and mostly nonsensical meme. But despite how ridiculous it might seem, there is a line of truth to the meme.

As how Google Dictionary defines “Oppression” is “state of being subject to unjust treatment or control”, and “Minority” is, a “relatively small group of people, especially one commonly discriminated against in a community, society, or nation, differing from others in race, religion, language, or political persuasion”. Notice how both definitions do not specifically state that to be qualified as an oppressed minority, you have to be a person of color. Thus Gamers fit the status quota of an “Oppressed Minority”.

Despite the fact that half of Americans play Video Games, only 15% of them identify as Gamers. So boom. We've already established thoroughly that gamers are a minority.

But how are they oppressed? Well the most common form of oppression is low respect by society, political persecution, and constant media slander. When someome is deemed a "Gamer", usually in movies or tv shows they're characterized as absolute virgin fat losers who live with their mother. Why should this stereotype be any different than the Gang member African Man, the stingy big nosed Israelite, and the feminine Gay man? This portrayal of the gamer is so commonly used, the massed are fixated into thinking this is the definite characteristics of a "Gamer". Becoming eerily similar to how white people stereotyped black people to absolute oblivion in the 1930s-early 1960s.

As for political persecution and media slander, honestly what has not been said already? Politicians and big Media constantly blame video games, and in essence the gaming community as a whole for tragic school shooting massacres. While I'm not saying I condone tragic massacres, I Condemm it more than anything else. I certainly will not condone the generalization of a whole community just because of a few bad apples. In fact its gotten so bad, being addicted to video games is now considered a serious mental illness. Using that logic, then I say anyone who likes watching Marvel movies have a mental health problem. See how ridiculous and degrading that is?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
what the heck is E-Train Odyssey
is it like Mario Odyssey with Electronic Trains
It's a series of dungeon crawler RPGs by Atlus on DS and 3DS. Basically, you create your own party of warriors and explorers from scratch, and head into the dungeon to map your way around and get beaten to a pulp by mobs of ****ing overpowered enemies (FOEs!). It's pretty fun. There are demos on the 3DS eShop if you wanna check them out.

:foe!:

The Prankster 16

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5261-0723-0145
You might have seen the memes on the internet saying how gamers are the most oppressed group on the earth. And how they will “Rise Up”. On the surface this is a pretty stupid, and mostly nonsensical meme. But despite how ridiculous it might seem, there is a line of truth to the meme.

As how Google Dictionary defines “Oppression” is “state of being subject to unjust treatment or control”, and “Minority” is, a “relatively small group of people, especially one commonly discriminated against in a community, society, or nation, differing from others in race, religion, language, or political persuasion”. Notice how both definitions do not specifically state that to be qualified as an oppressed minority, you have to be a person of color. Thus Gamers fit the status quota of an “Oppressed Minority”.

Despite the fact that half of Americans play Video Games, only 15% of them identify as Gamers. So boom. We've already established thoroughly that gamers are a minority.

But how are they oppressed? Well the most common form of oppression is low respect by society, political persecution, and constant media slander. When someome is deemed a "Gamer", usually in movies or tv shows they're characterized as absolute virgin fat losers who live with their mother. Why should this stereotype be any different than the Gang member African Man, the stingy big nosed Israelite, and the feminine Gay man? This portrayal of the gamer is so commonly used, the massed are fixated into thinking this is the definite characteristics of a "Gamer". Becoming eerily similar to how white people stereotyped black people to absolute oblivion in the 1930s-early 1960s.

As for political persecution and media slander, honestly what has not been said already? Politicians and big Media constantly blame video games, and in essence the gaming community as a whole for tragic school shooting massacres. While I'm not saying I condone tragic massacres, I Condemm it more than anything else. I certainly will not condone the generalization of a whole community just because of a few bad apples. In fact its gotten so bad, being addicted to video games is now considered a serious mental illness. Using that logic, then I say anyone who likes watching Marvel movies have a mental health problem. See how ridiculous and degrading that is?
I made this piece of art to really represent the oppression us gamers face every day.
gamers.png

D

Deleted member

It's a series of dungeon crawler RPGs by Atlus on DS and 3DS. Basically, you create your own party of warriors and explorers from scratch, and head into the dungeon to map your way around and get beaten to a pulp by mobs of ****ing overpowered enemies (FOEs!). It's pretty fun. There are demos on the 3DS eShop if you wanna check them out.

:foe!:
oh okay, that's less stupid than what I said

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, I forgot too that PlayStation's Direct is today.

ANIMAL CROSSING LETS GOOOO

KMDP

Smash Legend

I have no idea if this is satire or a serious post, but I love it either way. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom