• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also, he gave Undertale to the Pope.

Which, man... why not Mario? or Pac-man?
The thing about giving the Pope Undertale is that you have to give the Pope something as a gesture of good will if you're going to see him.

Undertale is a game about mercy and whatnot, and by that logic it's actually a fairly well thought out gift.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Oh Matpat's controversial, be it his attitude around criticism or his content, he's ****ed up multiple times
Well, I was thinking controversial like PDP.

Matpat has his detractors and he has acted dumb before. But to mainstream audiences, he hasn't done or said anything outrageous.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The thing that killed me about FE:Heroes is that, as a Fire Emblem fan I felt an attachment to a lot of the characters already. I was already invested in a lot of them due to having played their source material and reading their supports, so FE had a much stronger emotional tug on me then any other gacha would.

I just love too many FE characters, danggit. Especially the ones from Magvel or Tellius.

Pakky

Smash Hero

More on the Google stuff.

Forgot about Comcast and its Datacaps... well I don't know what's going on behind closed doors.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing that killed me about FE:Heroes is that, as a Fire Emblem fan I felt an attachment to a lot of the characters already. I was already invested in a lot of them due to having played their source material and reading their supports, so FE had a much stronger emotional tug on me then any other gacha would.

I just love too many FE characters, danggit. Especially the ones from Magvel or Tellius.
Abort, abort, abort.

You're slipping!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Fire Emblem Heroes, where you sell your soul to gacha or sell your soul to PhoenixMaster1.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Fire Emblem Heroes, where you sell your soul to gacha or sell your soul to PhoenixMaster01.
Jesus ****ing christ I just spit my drink all over my screen.

*I'm subbed to him just to feel the despair of every time he gets a minus speed IV character*

*WHY THE **** ARE THERE IVS IN A GODDAMN GACHA GAME*

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Can we have a new poll about Google Stadia? It would be interesting to see the result.

I am just sad that Stadia seems to not gonna hit Taiwan. Would be interesting in checking it out with a free trial to pass judgment.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But big name youtubers who earn lots of money often do
I mean, whatever right. Just don’t pay for it and move on. They’re not hurting you, and unless you watch their stuff it doesn’t even enter your life. Sure, it’s scummy when well off people take advantage of people by pretending they need the money (*cough cough* Alex Jones). But no amount of complaining is gonna stop them from soliciting or stop stupid people from paying.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Jesus ****ing christ I just spit my drink all over my screen.

*I'm subbed to him just to feel the despair of every time he gets a minus speed IV character*

*WHY THE **** ARE THERE IVS IN A GODDAMN GACHA GAME*
"Dude, how many layers of Gacha RNG are you on right now?"

"I dunno, like, 2 or 3."

"You are like a baby, watch this."

POKEMON IVS IN A FIRE EMBLEM GAME

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, whatever right. Just don’t pay for it and move on. They’re not hurting you, and unless you watch their stuff it doesn’t even enter your life. Sure, it’s scummy when well off people take advantage of people by pretending they need the money (*cough cough* Alex Jones). But no amount of complaining is gonna stop them from soliciting or stop stupid people from paying.
Oh I primarily meant networks.

Alex Jones is one of the biggest sacks of **** of all time so that's one hell of an example here

Shroob

Sup?
"Dude, how many layers of Gacha are you on right now?"

"I dunno, like, 2 or 3."

Granblue, "Rolls are given out like candy"

F/GO, "****ing **** rates but powercreep is basically at a snail's pace"

FEH, *PM1 voice* "Ah perfect! I'm gonna get *whoever*, let's check their IVs....are you kidding me, minus speed again?!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

"I dunno, like, 2 or 3."

Now just imagine if Heroes had shiny forms in it.

I'm so glad that Pokemon Go is so F2P friendly. And that it's also a bad game so I don't have to play it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Fire Emblem Heroes, where you sell your soul to gacha or sell your soul to PhoenixMaster1.

I sold my butt to Ophelia

Breaking Abyssal maps in half with Special Spiral is fun and fast.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Full Translation done.

From Post 269:
It's not bombastic as insider information, but I can talk couple of things most people in the industly know already.
For start, Yuusha(DQ Hero) from Dragon Quest is legit, but this info was out for months so I think he's not part of the DLC.
And some part of the result of the popularity vote were going around for a while, I felt it's quite different from the internet votes.
If you have questions, I can tell informations could go out soon.

From Post 274:
>>270
>>273
It's easier to answer if we have specific topics.
I just post things vague and things I don't know.

First, I don't know the details about all the DLC.
There are no concrete informations out yet so I can say for sure any leaks stating lineup are all fake.
However, there is one thing I'm certain of from surrounding informations is that Nintendo is trying to advertise more the crossover element of Smash as its brand image.
I don't know all the DLC are from third partie or not but nothing from already represented titles at least for this season pass.
The rest are just mere rumors, no concrete evidence.
If you are okay with that, then here are things I simply heard, no backings.
Someone from Tales series, most likely Velvet. I heard Lloyd and Yuri too, but it sounded just fyr so probably Mii costumes.
And Nakoruru from SNK and Resident Evil rep from Capcom. These are less credible than Tales. But just about on the same level though.
I'm looking for the memo then for the vote result so just wait.

From Post 275:
Oh, I heard Mincecraft too, but don't know it's Steve or not.
I'm sure you know Nintendo and Microsoft are in good relation now but this was known in the industry for some time.
I think they were spreading harmless informations to make a diversion.

From Post 279:
The ballot.

First, this information was out after a while the voting started, so it's not the final result, but it appears the leads were huge from the start.
I think people noticed this but the ballot was meant to be for the next Smash game. DLC for Sm4sh were nothing to do with it.
Talks about Smash Switch was there quite early, the actual planning started just before the end of Sm4sh DLC.

Overall, Inkling, Snake Ice Climbers were the top 3.
Then the other fired characters followed, but Sora, K.Rool, Phoenix Wright, Bomberman, Chrom, Beyonetta, and Ridley came in there.
And Pokemon, FF, DQ were strong enough to get in there too if you add up all the related characters.

The top ranking was almost fixed from the start, the other votes were scattered everywhere only some like popular internet characters stood out.
The others on the note;
Fire Emblem(total), Tales(total), Bandanna Waddle Dee, Monster Hunter, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Castlevania(total), Dixie, Megaman(total?), Magolor, Layton, Sonic(total?), Dante, Touhou(total?), Master Chief, Kid Icarus(total), Ashley, Crash Bandicoot, Fate characters, Waluigi, Street Fighter(total?), Minecraft, Fiora, Shovel Knight, Dry Bowser, Yokai Watch(total), Ryu Hayabusa, Rhythm Heaven, Banjo, Okami, Krystal, Impa, Resident Evil(total), Rayman, Isaac, Chibi-Robo, Daisy, Kat, Mother Series(total), Puyopuyo, Midna, Oliver, Geno, Mai Shiranui, Takamaru, Neku Sakuraba, Wonder Red, Starfy, Metroid(total), Petey Piranha, Tekken, Skull Kid, Custom Robo, Spyro, Culdcept

I'm tired...
They aren't on the memo, but I also heard Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon's total were incredible, and there were bunch of anime characters and Marvel/DC heroes.
Darth Vader and Harry Potter got quite a lot too apparently.
The ones with (total?), without (total), and the order are straight from the memo. I just copied it from the top so I don't know the order is the actual rank or not.

Seeing this again, the series with many titles are strong for sure.

From Post 280:
This list went around before the summer.
I don't know how it changed in the last but seeing Simon getting in now, maybe Castlevania ranked up slowly after.
It's hard to tell really like the ones with totals if you divide them by the actual number of characters. So I think the ones with unique name in the list were actually popular.

From Post 282:
Oh, SMT is missing.
It's between Fiora and Shovel Knight.
I think Persona characters were included here.

From Post 283:
And Shantae is gone too.
Between Neku Sakuraba and Wonder Red.

>>281
When I first saw this list, I remember I immediately thought only few top ones could be included but the rest are just impossible.
For Sora, I thought he's difficult but I'm surprized there is literally no sign of Phoenix Wright.
Just adding him as assist like Bomberman could've helped.

From Post 285(not the leaker):
>>283
Are you the one who wrote Chun-Li became Ken a while ago?

From Post 287:
>>285
I don't know that.
That's not me.
But you said it, Chun-Li sounds more fitting than Ken indeed.

From Post 289(not the leaker):
Is there any info about DLC season 2?

From Post 290(not the leaker):
Informations could go out soon means there's a Direct coming to announce?

From Post 291:
>>289
Never heard of it.
I mean, there is literally nothing trustworthy about DLC.
Velvet, Nakoruru, Resident Evil are just a little bit believable compared to other informations.
However, Yuusha's in-game material is already went outside of the devs so it's definitely happening.
But this info is quite old so if he is actually coming then it'll be any time soon I think.

>>290
No, more like inside stories than actual game informations.
If it's like anyone knows if they're actually in the industry, then it will go out eventually.
Generally speaking, there is timing to go out in the public after it spreads out in the industry,
I don't know anything about Direct.

From Post 293:
>>292
Infos leak out on Geha(5chan's /v/) is nothing confidential.
Text leaks like this are just outdated infos. Nothing special.
It mever will spread out into the general public, so couple of hundereds or thousands poeple who are into leaks is no problem.
Companies are not that dumb, if it's not like actual materials leaking out from development scenes, then they won't bother,

From Post 294(not the leaker):
>>291
How did you judge Velvet, Nakoruru, Resident Evil infos are little believable?

From Post 295:
>>294
It's because I got correct informations about smash from that source before.
But I don't always get concrete infos from here so the priority is low.
Nakoruru and Resident Evil are from this source and other 3 sources, and there are 8 different informations implying Tales.
The others are lower than them.
They are not believable enough.
That's all I have for Smash DLC.

From Post 297(not the leaker):
>>295
Thanks.
Could you tell us what were the correct informations your source gave?

From Post 298:
>>297
Most are Spirits infos.
As for characters, Pokemon rep, and Chrome as echo. That's it.
Anyone can guess it tbh.

From Post 299(not the leaker):
>>298
The reason you decided the Tales rep as Velvet?

From Post 301:
>>299
It's not like I decided, just simply her name is the most I hear.
I also heard that it's Tales rep but not swordfighter.

From Post 302:
I think Yuusha is the only trustworthy one.
Velvet uses sword, and there are no informations saying female Tales character.

From Post 304:
>>303
Dragon Quest hero works just like as Alf.
I guess Erdrick costume included too.

From Post 305(not the leaker):
>>304
For real?
Can you tell us more about Yuusha?
Like color variants and moves.

From Post 308(not the leaker):
>>304
So Yuusha from 3 is not the default but one of the costumes?
Who's the default?

From Post 309:
>>305
>>308
I don't know that much.
Some informations imply it's XI hero.
But it's Smash so I think the default will be III hero. I mean there're infos suggest the remake of Erdrick series.
And maybe Slime as Mii cosutume.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Hmmm.... Is Alex Jone "well off" in the money department?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh I primarily meant networks.

Alex Jones is one of the biggest sacks of **** of all time so that's one hell of an example here
Oh I know all about how shady MCNs are. You should check out Mat’s video on the Defy scandal as well as the supplemental videos made by the other effected creators. It’s really informative. That’s an industry that needs more regulations (though what industry doesn’t).

Also Alex Jones can rot in hell.
Where I will be waiting for him. He’s gonna have one heck of an eternal torment if I have anything to say about it.

Considering his two rolexes, i’d say so yes.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

"I dunno, like, 2 or 3."

Granblue, "Rolls are given out like candy"

F/GO, "****ing **** rates but powercreep is basically at a snail's pace"

FEH, *PM1 voice* "Ah perfect! I'm gonna get *whoever*, let's check their IVs....are you kidding me, minus speed again?!"
The +/- boosts in Pokémon aren't IVs, those are Natures.

Pokémon IVs are the inherent, mostly invisible values that each Pokémon has from 0-31 across each stat (0-15 in Gen 1 and 2) that determines their maximum stat values, it's why they're called "IVs", it stands for "Individual Values" (as opposed to "EVs", Effort Values, the points gained from battling).

"IVs in a Fire Emblem game" would be if each unit's Star Ranking was individual to each stat (like, they could have ★★★★★ in HP but ★★☆☆☆ in Strength).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The +/- boosts in Pokémon aren't IVs, those are Natures.

Pokémon IVs are the inherent, mostly invisible values that each Pokémon has from 0-31 across each stat (0-15 in Gen 1 and 2) that determines their maximum stat values, it's why they're called "IVs", it stands for "Individual Values" (as opposed to "EVs", Effort Values, the points gained from battling).

"IVs in a Fire Emblem game" would be if each unit's Star Ranking was individual to each stat (like, they could have ★★★★★ in HP but ★★☆☆☆ in Strength).
I know but the FEH community calls em IVs so.... :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Full Translation done.

From Post 269:
It's not bombastic as insider information, but I can talk couple of things most people in the industly know already.
For start, Yuusha(DQ Hero) from Dragon Quest is legit, but this info was out for months so I think he's not part of the DLC.
And some part of the result of the popularity vote were going around for a while, I felt it's quite different from the internet votes.

From Post 274:
>>270
>>273

There are no concrete informations out yet so I can say for sure any leaks stating lineup are all fake.
However, there is one thing I'm certain of from surrounding informations is that Nintendo is trying to advertise more the crossover element of Smash as its brand image.
I don't know all the DLC are from third partie or not but nothing from already represented titles at least for this season pass.
Someone from Tales series, most likely Velvet. I heard Lloyd and Yuri too, but it sounded just fyr so probably Mii costumes.
And Nakoruru from SNK and Resident Evil rep from Capcom. These are less credible than Tales. But just about on the same level though.

From Post 275:
I'm sure you know Nintendo and Microsoft are in good relation now but this was known in the industry for some time.

From Post 279:
The ballot.

First, this information was out after a while the voting started, so it's not the final result, but it appears the leads were huge from the start.
I think people noticed this but the ballot was meant to be for the next Smash game. DLC for Sm4sh were nothing to do with it.
Talks about Smash Switch was there quite early, the actual planning started just before the end of Sm4sh DLC.

Then the other fired characters followed, but Sora, K.Rool, Phoenix Wright, Bomberman, Chrom, Beyonetta, and Ridley came in there.
And Pokemon, FF, DQ were strong enough to get in there too if you add up all the related characters.

The top ranking was almost fixed from the start, the other votes were scattered everywhere only some like popular internet characters stood out.
The others on the note;
Fire Emblem(total), Tales(total), Bandanna Waddle Dee, Monster Hunter, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Castlevania(total), Dixie, Megaman(total?), Magolor, Layton, Sonic(total?), Dante, Touhou(total?), Master Chief, Kid Icarus(total), Ashley, Crash Bandicoot, Fate characters, Waluigi, Street Fighter(total?), Minecraft, Fiora, Shovel Knight, Dry Bowser, Yokai Watch(total), Ryu Hayabusa, Rhythm Heaven, Banjo, Okami, Krystal, Impa, Resident Evil(total), Rayman, Isaac, Chibi-Robo, Daisy, Kat, Mother Series(total), Puyopuyo, Midna, Oliver, Geno, Mai Shiranui, Takamaru, Neku Sakuraba, Wonder Red, Starfy, Metroid(total), Petey Piranha, Tekken, Skull Kid, Custom Robo, Spyro, Culdcept

I'm tired...
They aren't on the memo, but I also heard Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon's total were incredible, and there were bunch of anime characters and Marvel/DC heroes.
The ones with (total?), without (total), and the order are straight from the memo. I just copied it from the top so I don't know the order is the actual rank or not.

From Post 280:
I don't know how it changed in the last but seeing Simon getting in now, maybe Castlevania ranked up slowly after.
It's hard to tell really like the ones with totals if you divide them by the actual number of characters. So I think the ones with unique name in the list were actually popular.

From Post 282:
Oh, SMT is missing.

From Post 283:
And Shantae is gone too.

>>281
When I first saw this list, I remember I immediately thought only few top ones could be included but the rest are just impossible.
For Sora, I thought he's difficult but I'm surprized there is literally no sign of Phoenix Wright.

>>283

From Post 287:
>>285
I don't know that.
That's not me.

From Post 291:
>>289
Never heard of it.
Velvet, Nakoruru, Resident Evil are just a little bit believable compared to other informations.
However, Yuusha's in-game material is already went outside of the devs so it's definitely happening.
But this info is quite old so if he is actually coming then it'll be any time soon I think.

>>290
If it's like anyone knows if they're actually in the industry, then it will go out eventually.
Generally speaking, there is timing to go out in the public after it spreads out in the industry,

From Post 293:
>>292
It mever will spread out into the general public, so couple of hundereds or thousands poeple who are into leaks is no problem.
Companies are not that dumb, if it's not like actual materials leaking out from development scenes, then they won't bother,

>>291

From Post 295:
>>294
Nakoruru and Resident Evil are from this source and other 3 sources, and there are 8 different informations implying Tales.

>>295
Thanks.

From Post 298:
>>297
Most are Spirits infos.
Anyone can guess it tbh.

>>298

From Post 301:
>>299

From Post 302:

From Post 304:
>>303

>>304
For real?

>>304
Who's the default?

From Post 309:
>>305
>>308
I don't know that much.
But it's Smash so I think the default will be III hero. I mean there're infos suggest the remake of Erdrick series.
Thanks again! Check the info later.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He is but that might very well change as parents of Sandy Hook victims are sueing him. For those who don't know, there was a shooting at a school named/in Sandy Hook and Alex Jones spread that it was faked and that the victims were actually just actors being paid to pretend to have died and ****. Considering part of his MO is smearing people he doesn't like, he's said some VERY nasty things about the people who've had to suffer the loss of their children and like any popular altright pundit on the internet, he encouraged his fans to harass the victim's parents for years, similar to how altright people end up influencing **** like the Christchurch and Quebec Mosque shooters

D

Deleted member

Alright, last meme on Google Stadia. But I can't help when they announce a gaming platform that totally 100% works, but at the same time, shifting dozens of hardware employees recently.

"It seems the majority of employees subject to cutbacks are hardware engineers, product managers, and related support staff, and after being notified of these changes in the last two weeks, those “floating” workers have been looking for positions in Google’s smartphone department or one of Alphabet’s other hardware businesses like Nest."

https://gizmodo.com/uh-oh-looks-like-googles-hardware-team-might-be-in-tro-1833260639

KMDP

Smash Legend
What is a rolexe? Some kind of house or building?
A Rolex is a type of expensive wristwatch.

Ever since their creation they've been a luxury item, even before the advent of Cellphones making Wristwatches pointless.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Watches, very very expensive watches that no one 'needs', but if you got money to burn, may as well?
I need one...

I need to show people I'm better than them. /s

(That was a joke)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Full Translation done.

From Post 269:

From Post 274:
>>270
>>273

From Post 275:

From Post 279:
The ballot.

The others on the note;

I'm tired...

From Post 280:

From Post 282:
Oh, SMT is missing.

From Post 283:
And Shantae is gone too.

>>281

>>283

From Post 287:
>>285
I don't know that.
That's not me.

From Post 291:
>>289
Never heard of it.

>>290

From Post 293:
>>292

>>291

From Post 295:
>>294

>>295
Thanks.

From Post 298:
>>297
Most are Spirits infos.
Anyone can guess it tbh.

>>298

From Post 301:
>>299

From Post 302:

From Post 304:
>>303

>>304
For real?

>>304
Who's the default?

From Post 309:
>>305
>>308
I don't know that much.
So Geno's out? Dang man that's a massive shame he was like the only Character I cared for being DLC and if we don't get a Season 2 then quite frankly the Big three will never be complete.

We had Ridley then K. Rool but no Geno that's incomplete and it's a shame. I guess I'm just here for the ride now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom