• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Back when we were doing bets, I bet that if the Goku leak was fake, I would change my avi into something stupid.
Granted, I knew I would have to do it, but I was waiting for an actual reason to count other than "lol it's Goku".

And well, the leak said the Direct would have information on Target Smash and Online Tourneys, and they are not there. So by default, it is officially fake.

So here is Momiji Popo.
Gotta say, for some reason the Mr. Popo fusion in your pic kept me thinking that there is something very weird with it. Then I remembered that Mr. Popo doesn't have any eyebrows at all, I'm kind of surprised that now when I remember the series he can do a multitude of expressions without them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thanks for the support everyone. I really appreciate it.

Today's just been a ****ty day overall. My friend's been going through some relationship troubles and it hit a head today so I had to help her out too. And then the dance happened and that didn't go well.

I'm okay, or at least I will be.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Holy **** guys, Persona 5 Royal got leaked wholesale.
Jane actually is the FeMC and even has new story cutscenes in place of joker!
What a day!
Let’s just make this an official thing tbh

D

Deleted member

Oh well, here is a rant from my part.
Bought Spiderman(PS4) on Thursday due to being relatively cheap and now that I want to play it I have to wait until the game downloads are finished which is going to take a long ass time. I really hate this from this latest generation of consoles, as its becoming useless to buy a disc due to the absurd install and download **** you need for it to work (not to mention that I need to buy a HDD for the console as the big games normally take about 50GB and deleting and installing **** is getting tiresome). I really like that the Switch is one of the better consoles in this regard, even with updates I can play everything almost immediately.

Shroob

Sup?
What a day!
EX-CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME

Edit:

Ya, I didn't watch it, it's japes

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I finished Evangelion last night.

What the ****
Part of the reason I have no interest in watching Evangelion.

The other parts are that I'm not really all that into Giant Robot shows and also I just dislike depressing shows in general.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Part of the reason I have no interest in watching Evangelion.

The other parts are that I'm not really all that into Giant Robot shows and also I just dislike depressing shows in general.
I don't have a thing against the depressing part (though it was really depressing), because I knew what I was getting into (or I thought I knew). I still can appreciate a lot of things in it.

I've yet to watch End of Evangelion though, I hope it clears at least some stuff up.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion back in 2013 high school summer, read the whole manga recently last year, and knew that it was gonna drop into Netflix at some point in June 2019.

And for some god damn reason, I still haven't seen End of Evangelion.

Honestly, I don't know why it's taking me this long to start it up already.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Me: *Wakes up at my parents house and goes downstairs*
Their Cats:
IMG_20190421_092510.jpg

Oh my god hes hugging his brothers tail!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've yet to watch End of Evangelion though, I hope it clears at least some stuff up.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh lordy lord.
D2ShdzzX4AAynCt.jpg

You're not ready for what's coming next.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm....

I think...

I shall replay Pokemon X with a team rotation.

Last time I did a rotation play through with Moon I had a great time and around 30 Pokemon in my team.

Would you guys be interested in hearing about the X one?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't have a thing against the depressing part (though it was really depressing), because I knew what I was getting into (or I thought I knew). I still can appreciate a lot of things in it.

From what I've heard, EoE raises just as many questions as it answers. :laugh:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh well, here is a rant from my part.
Bought Spiderman(PS4) on Thursday due to being relatively cheap and now that I want to play it I have to wait until the game downloads are finished which is going to take a long *** time. I really hate this from this latest generation of consoles, as its becoming useless to buy a disc due to the absurd install and download **** you need for it to work (not to mention that I need to buy a HDD for the console as the big games normally take about 50GB and deleting and installing **** is getting tiresome). I really like that the Switch is one of the better consoles in this regard, even with updates I can play everything almost immediately.
Why not just play it while the updates download?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Interested to hear vaanrose vaanrose 's take on this:

Also paging @wildvine47.
Just popping in a day late to specify that a .mchp file is a cached vertex animation. You take a model, run non-realtime physics simulation on it, and then store the changes each vertex makes throughout the length of the animation into a cache file. This allows you to run an animation that alters each vertex position on each frame to look exactly like it was driven by physics, without it actually being driven by physics. It's stored data that, when played in realtime, appears to be dynamically calculated, and is one of many tricks video games use to render as fast as they need to. It is not simply a placeholder template for any kind of hair, like he offers as a potential explanation; it's specifically linked to the exact mesh and even a single vertex out of place renders it unusable.

I haven't spent any time studying Ultimate or its physics engine to state this definitively, but the mere presence of a cached vertex animation suggests that the in-game hair isn't physics driven at all. It only appears that way because every animation a character has has a corresponding hair animation that was calculated in Maya.

What can we conclude based on this? "Jane" was far enough along in the development pipeline to have cached vertex animation. This means that she'd already have a model, said model would already be rigged, said rig would already be animated, and only then, the animation was used to calculate the way the vertexes will animate. Whoever "Jane" is, she was/is near the very end of the development pipeline, and I very much doubt she's scrapped content for that reason.

Here is what she is not:

1.) Any of the background characters. Joker is still referred to as "Jack" in the code, post-release, while all his party members (most notably, of course, being Ann) are referred to with their respective P5 codenames. Ann is "panther," not Jane.

2.) Morgana. It's been suggested the ponytail is Morgana's tail, but Morgana's tail is not a vertex animation. It's a skeletal bone animation that may have secondary physics attached to it under certain animations, but this is a wholly separate spring joint physics system, rather than cached Maya hair. This sort of system is considerably less expensive to render in realtime and is used all over the place.

This poster is correct that, usually, the female and male alts alternate. This isn't only different gender alts, however, but all separate model alts. The two versions of Link, Ike, Wario, Cloud and Bayonetta also alternate, despite not being divided by gender. Therefore, the alts do not alternate because they are separated by gender, they alternate simply because they're alts. There's a notable exception to this, however. Olimar and Alph are separated with four Olimars, and then four Alphs.

I believe this sets a precedent for characters that are explicitly different characters to not alternate, but instead separate them into two groupings. They may be the same character functionally, but they are not the same character thematically. What little we know about this new Persona girl suggests that, even if she fulfills the same in-universe role as Joker, she is still a different character, being at the very least in a different year. It's likely that, as with P3's female protagonist before her, she'll also have a different name and different personality. Even if she is "Joker," she very much will not be just the distaff counterpart to the male version. We'll know whether this is truly the case or not next week.

There is also the fact that, when a character only has one or two alts, they are always the last costume slots. Mario, Little Mac, and Ridley are all this way, and now Joker is, too, with his c06 and c07 alts being his school outfit. I believe it is completely in line with current conventions if Joker's last two slots were originally intended to be female Joker, perhaps only getting two instead of four because she's not an established character and it's unknown yet if she'd be as warmly received as male Joker has been. And taken at face value, the "Jack6" and "Jane1" strings are connected. If Joker originally had four Jane alts, then "Jack6" would be "Jane3," but if he only had two, then "Jane1" would, indeed, be correct.

With this established, I think the notion that "Jack6_C06_v01_070925.mb" and "Jane1_pony_hairSystemShape2.mchp" are wholly separate strings only coincidentally next to each other in the junk data is unlikely. Possible? Yes. But I'd bet against it. Instead I'll offer a much simpler explanation:

These two separate files are next to each other in the junk data because they were stored in the same folder. Because that's exactly the correct workflow for this kind of thing. Your character file is stored next to its necessary secondary files, like animations and caches. These secondary files are then referenced into the main mb file when needed. This makes it easy to replace them, and the next time you load the mb asset, the new file is automatically loaded in.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did Pyra Pyra made the comics thingy today?
I can't seem to find them.

What a day!
All the damn work put on this just to have Dank Jane.
What a legend.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lmao the guy who made YIIK is having a meltdown because people felt his game wasn't very good in the writing department and that the protagonist is unlikable.

For the record this is the same game that has the asshole white nerd treat the word 'ginger' the same way as the N word when people call him ginger

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Suddenly all the dead people rising from their graves.

Prez, Nekoo, now vaanrose.
Look, despite opossums being known for bridging the realms of life and death, I'm not great at necromancy. I've been trying to resurrect John Dylan Smith.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Lmao the guy who made YIIK is having a meltdown because people felt his game wasn't very good in the writing department and that the protagonist is unlikable.

For the record this is the same game that has the ******* white nerd treat the word 'ginger' the same way as the N word when people call him ginger
"Video games aren't art because people couldn't comprehend the depth of my writing"

"Also hey there's a secret entirely serious incel ending in my game involving me fanboying over one of my incel buddies"

"I'm incredibly mature it's the medium's fault people don't like my writing"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For the record this is the same game that has the ******* white nerd treat the word 'ginger' the same way as the N word when people call him ginger
The game also has an allusion to the death of Elisa Lam that was apparently offensively bad. As in, they seemingly tried to be deep and respectful but it came across as anything but.

D

Deleted member

my mans staindgrey staindgrey collecting all these pretty tags next to his name like

isn't yiik the same game that bases a character off of elisa lam

sounds tasteless af

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the oppression of gingers is real

i know this because there was this one time where my friends teased me about it and then moved on to a different topic

rise up, gingers

D

Deleted member

Look, despite opossums being known for bridging the realms of life and death, I'm not great at necromancy. I've been trying to resurrect John Dylan Smith.
you can't resurrect what can never truly die
the oppression of gingers is real

i know this because there was this one time where my friends teased me about it and then moved on to a different topic

rise up, gingers
not before gamers. or christians. or gamer christians

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
you can't resurrect what can never truly die

not before gamers. or christians. or gamer christians
Ooh, I'm almost oppressed.

Shame about that lack of testicles, turns out I whiffed and just ended up as a soulless husk whose social rituals solely revolve around maximizing my number of mates instead. I'm seeing a lot of inadequate nose bridges in here m'gentlemens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom