• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*Crab rave* Mother 3 will never get an official localization *Crab rave*

D

Deleted member

If you buy Premium, can you prank yourself, because that seems like the dumbest possible solution to your problem.
I too enjoy spending 15 dollars to make my name tag pink on a forum that usually has under 50 online at most.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

just an update if anyone remembers me saying I went to get an eye check up last Wednesday I finally got my glasses which is nice, I think I look good in them.

Anyways how was everyone's day so far?

D

Deleted member

nah bro keep going its legit an actual game bro
I tried going to it again.
It took me to an apartment rent website.
I think the website is basically dead.
Inb4 my computer gets a virus.
You never know though. Maybe we will get it in the next direct?

D

Deleted member

What, you can prank people? Woow.

Don't prank me
You do know that you are basically setting yourself up for being pranked, right?
Unless you are joking.

D

Deleted member

I tried going to it again.
It took me to an apartment rent website.
I think the website is basically dead.
Inb4 my computer gets a virus.

You never know though. Maybe we will get it in the next direct?
C'mon man, we've been saying that for the past few years and it never happened. Even last direct when people were saying that we could see Mother 3 it didn't happen and at this point I really think the time has passed for it.

D

Deleted member

C'mon man, we've been saying that for the past few years and it never happened. Even last direct when people were saying that we could see Mother 3 it didn't happen and at this point I really think the time has passed for it.
Still, it is important to have hope. A delayed game is always better than a rushed game. ( For the most part. )

D

Deleted member

Also, round 4 of Summit voting just wrapped up, and Plup and Cosmos have been invited, while Izaw and Eldin are out. Hope Glutonny makes it in next.

D

Deleted member

That's because Nintendo knows the moment they release it here, every RPG ever existed is done for. Xenoblade, done. Persona, done. Final Fantasy, done. Chrono Trigger, actually done.

There's Sakaguchi, then there's I T O I. SMH.

D

Deleted member

Still, it is important to have hope. A delayed game is always better than a rushed game.
unless the localization is cancelled which I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. There's some stuff in the game that wouldn't be appropriate today after all look at the Magypsies Controversy would likely happen cause of them and it's a GBA game from 2006, why would Nintendo care to localize it now when they don't even care about the franchise? it doesn't add up.

Of course I would love to be wrong but I doubt they would localize it now unless they change it up quite a bit.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yesterday I did a few doodles before I got up, and I figured people might want to see it.
KDoodles1.JPG

Basically, I was drawing Mario things from memory (besides the Kirby and the sword negative, and the right-hand Waluigi and the lower DK).
Memory drawings can be fun when you're bored.

D

Deleted member

unless the localization is cancelled which I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. There's some stuff in the game that wouldn't be appropriate today after all look at the Magypsies Controversy would likely happen cause of them and it's a GBA game from 2006, why would Nintendo care to localize it now when they don't even care about the franchise? it doesn't add up.

Of course I would love to be wrong but I doubt they would localize it now unless they change it up quite a bit.
What is the "Magypsies Controversy"? Google is not giving me solid answers, or I just want you to answer it for some reason.

Keep in mind we have not got a confirmation of a Link's Awakening remake in 26 years.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I want Sora to get in so that this site will start crashing again.
that can be said for any highly requested character though. Geno, Banjo, Isaa- (Isn't going to get in..), Bandana dee, Crash, etc.

D

Deleted member

Even if Mother 3 does get localised, it will most definitely be censored to hell and back. At this point, the Tomato translation is pretty much perfect anyways.

D

Deleted member

In japan, over a decade ago, yes it did pretty good.
But how many people in the US truly care enough for Nintendo to spend their time and resources on translating this game and still make a good enough profit?
Dang it, you got a point.
Still, I am sure that they could find a way to appeal with Mother / EarthBound fans in the US that never got to play Mother 3.

D

Deleted member

What is the "Magypsies Controversy"? Google is not giving me solid answers, or I just want you to answer it for some reason.

Keep in mind we have not got a confirmation of a Link's Awakening remake in 26 years.
No I mean people would make comparisons to Trans people and Magypsies. there isn't a controversy about it yet but in this day and age I can safely assume people would get mad about it if they were to localize the game which I'm sure Nintendo would want to avoid. They even removed the feather G&W had in his animation because of a small subset of people were angry I'm sure they would want to remove something even worse yet the Magypsies are a big part of the story so they couldn't.

D

Deleted member

In japan, over a decade ago, yes it did pretty good.
But how many people in the US truly care enough for Nintendo to spend their time and resources on translating this game and still make a good enough profit?
For what it’s worth, Earthbound is the second best selling Wii U virtual console game. I’m sure Mother 3 would sell decently too if only because of the entire history behind it, but it still likely wouldn’t be worth the translations effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom