• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
  • Morgana: gO TO SLEEP. LADY ANN. I WISH I WERE HUMAN. DON'T DO THAT. RYUJI IS A [REDACTED] [REDACTED]. YOU GUYS DON'T RESPECT ME SO I'M GONNA PUT THE GAME ON HALT FOR A LITERAL WEEK IN WHAT IS ULTIMATELY AN ARBITRARY CONFLICT THAT TAKES AWAY FROM HARU'S SCREENTIME. Makoto and Haru literally do his job but better. Overall he's an incredibly flawed character, and I hope he gets more development in P5R.
Ah. Much better.

Sorry Nate my dude, but your tier list was objectively wrong ;p

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
wack 4chan "leak"
there's the problem, though - it's not really that 'wack' in terms of likelihood

in fact i think part of why its discussion has taken up close to 6-7 pages just after jones mentioned it again is because it's a lineup that actually seems very plausible

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why would we get Edlegard anyway over Byleth?

Edlegard was the figurehead before we knew anything about 3 Houses, but Byleth's the Robin/Corrin.
Not only was she the runaway fan favorite from the start (with Claude becoming popular a bit later), but Sakurai has literally been on record stating he wished more heroes would use axes.

That and
Edelgard has two endings while Claude and Dimitri only have one for their path, making Edelgard arguably more important.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
there's the problem, though - it's not really that 'wack' in terms of likelihood

in fact i think part of why its discussion has taken up close to 6-7 pages just after jones mentioned it again is because it's a lineup that actually seems very plausible
Not really. Characters that "you wouldn't expect" wouldn't include these ones. Even if Reggie's statement was mostly PR.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Not only was she the runaway fan favorite from the start (with Claude becoming popular a bit later), but Sakurai has literally been on record stating he wished more heroes would use axes.

That and
Edelgard has two endings while Claude and Dimitri only have one for their path, making Edelgard arguably more important.
Still, you'd think they'd put the main character in over a side character. We didn't get Asuza or Camilla in for Fates, we got Corrin, and Awakening.... basically has 3 main characters and they all got in eventually.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also this is gonna be unpopular but I don't care lol.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and ARMS being "too new" for base game doesn't mean a Sword and Shield Pokémon or a Three Houses character are too new for DLC. The former two were just unlucky enough to be too new for the base game and too old for DLC promotion. Either that or Sakurai thought Joker would just be a better pseudo-stand user than Rex. Yeah there are differences, but the general concept is the same. Fighter who gets powered up by a probably-intangible partner in the background.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Still, you'd think they'd put the main character in over a side character. We didn't get Asuza or Camilla in for Fates, we got Corrin, and Awakening.... basically has 3 main characters and they all got in eventually.
Okay but we should've gotten Azura for Fates we all know she would've been the better choice.

hH9IVXNZmbVgLQmu_9kdKV-SouXheNAsCpom-0Ns0Yg.gif

It should've been her.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I guess we just think differently about these things. if I was in Sakurai's shoes I wouldn't worry about feeling like I cheated people who bought other packs when it would end up making a lot of extra money without having to raise the price of anything.
Except it wouldn’t make a lot of extra money, most people either already bought Joker/the Fighter’s Pass because they’re Smash completionists or already bought Joker if they’re Kasumi/Persona 5 fans. Persona 5 fans were already satisfied with Joker to buy the pack, Sakurai wouldn’t be gaining much from attracting the same demographic with Kasumi.

D

Deleted member

Also this is gonna be unpopular but I don't care lol.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and ARMS being "too new" for base game doesn't mean a Sword and Shield Pokémon or a Three Houses character are too new for DLC. The former two were just unlucky enough to be too new for the base game and too old for DLC promotion. Either that or Sakurai thought Joker would just be a better pseudo-stand user than Rex. Yeah there are differences, but the general concept is the same. Fighter who gets powered up by a probably-intangible partner in the background.
i agree on your first point, but i doubt that sakurai actively chose joker over rex because arsene would've been too similar

mostly because he like

said that rex was too new that's The Reason he's not in

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
haha, that's, er

yeah i know right
Context for Gentlepanda:
Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 6.55.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 6.55.52 PM.png

i don't know who those people are so i'm going to take that as a compliment of the highest degree and overinflate my ego again

god bless you, karnera
Context for Faygoshill:
Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 6.53.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 6.53.48 PM.png

These guys are artists, whose art is oft the subject of a lot of head-scratching by most observers. ****posting has that effect as well, though the more accurate art movement to describe such a form of entertainment would be the Dada Movement.

Oh, when I mentioned that to them, they went and proved me right too.
Wait, you used the same analogy I did? If so, that's hilarious.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Except it wouldn’t make a lot of extra money, most people either already bought Joker/the Fighter’s Pass because they’re Smash completionists or already bought Joker if they’re Kasumi/Persona 5 fans. Persona 5 fans were already satisfied with Joker to buy the pack, Sakurai wouldn’t be gaining much from attracting the same demographic with Kasumi.
Alright, makes sense.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If on the of chance we see TH represented with a fighter, aside from Edelgard alone I could see Byleth with a house change mechanic similar to Monado arts and the three house leaders having significant involvement in their moveset.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If on the of chance we see TH represented with a fighter, aside from Edelgard alone I could see Byleth with a house change mechanic similar to Monado arts and the three house leaders having significant involvement in their moveset.
pokemon trainer fire emblem edition

D

Deleted member

Context for Gentlepanda:
View attachment 222633
View attachment 222634

Context for Faygoshill:
View attachment 222630
View attachment 222631

These guys are artists, whose art is oft the subject of a lot of head-scratching by most observers. ****posting has that effect as well, though the more accurate art movement to describe such a form of entertainment would be the Dada Movement.

Wait, you used the same analogy I did? If so, that's hilarious.
well i do love me some soup
1558393111536.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom was the main character of Awakening. Robin was secondary to him and Lucina wasn't even at main lord level since her death doesn't prompt a game over. Robin didn't even get official Kozaki art, Awakening's website made a point of saying Robin was "You" in all the promo material. Robin didn't appear on the box art. Robin wasn't even mandatory to use once you got access to the Battle Preparations menu, outside of the final map. Fates's marketing made it a point to say that Corrin was the first time the avatar was the main character.

Chrom was definitely Awakening's main protagonist. He's important to all three of the game's major arcs while Robin is only crucial to the final arc.

Also the three house leaders are definitely not "side characters."

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay but we should've gotten Azura for Fates we all know she would've been the better choice.

View attachment 222632

It should've been her.
I agree. And I'm a Corrin main.

I like Corrin's moveset, so I'm not at all saying that she's a bad pick. But if we had a do-over and could pick anyone from Fates as a promotional DLC character, I'd switch to Azura in a heartbeat.

Water manipulation would play a large part, allowing her to have a similar visual shakeup to Corrin's dragon moves. But most importantly, the lance gives her move of a slow-reach style than another sword would. I think that the idea of "swordies" would be somewhat diminished if Corrin weren't put in, because somehow Corrin's inclusion has retroactively made anti-FE parts of the community retroactively place Ike in the "Marth clone" group. FE + sword means the same character now, apparently.

Azura would have been visually more unique, and while I'm clearly a fan of how Corrin turned out, I'd still argue Azura would have been the better choice if given a chance.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Man if the Thanibomb leak is true then this would be awkward because the leaders eventually kill each other.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
damn straight

girl's finally getting thrown into leaks as the 'look guys is legit' alongside erdrick
Well I mean you can still get your character and this leak being bogus.

I think that "Jane" character will inevitably end up a free Echo Fighter for Joker later on.

Shroob

Sup?
Chrom was the main character of Awakening. Robin was secondary to him and Lucina wasn't even at main lord level since her death doesn't prompt a game over. Robin didn't even get official Kozaki art, Awakening's website made of point of saying Robin was "You" in all the promo material. Robin didn't appear on the box art. Robin wasn't even mandatory to use once you got access to the Battle Preparations menu, outside of the final map. Fates's marketing made it a point to say that Corrin was the first time the avatar was the main character.

Chrom was definitely Awakening's main protagonist. He's important to all three of the game's major arcs while Robin is only crucial to the final arc.

Also the three house leaders are definitely not "side characters."
Eh, I disagree entirely but :drshrug:

Awakening is Robin's game/story with Chrom just kinda being there, and Lucina being from the aftermath of it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm going to doubt this leak completely. People were initially jumping to Edelgard and Gen 8 Pokemon at the beginning of DLC because they seemed like predictable, if disappointing, picks. Then Joker happened and everyone seemed to agree that those two candidates had no chance.

I don't think many of you here seriously believe this leak, but I'm just saying. These first parties are no more likely now than they were before this leak.

Baboom is a cool name though.
They jumped on the wagon that flew past them that had a band on it

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
@modmins I assume AMAs are archived at some point, yes?
Just unstickied after they've been up for one week. They don't actually leave the forum.

So soon as the next AMA goes up, yours will be unstickied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom