• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Well in that case I think it's 99% fake, because it stated that one of the characters was reciving a free echo, but if you have to pay for the character in order to get the "free" echo, it wouldn't be free anymore, and at the same time, it would be unfair to people who have bought the charcters individually instead of the full fighter pass, because one of them is reciving extra content for no additional costs and the other 4 ones aren't.
It just seems like a bad marketing move.
But maybe I'm wrong and it's that 1% of real... who knows.
I'm pretty sure, at least in the context of the leak, it means "If you have Joker, you get X for free."

It'd basically mean "If you buy everyone but Joker, you wouldn't get it, but if you own the Fighter Pass OR buy Joker solo, you'd get her."

It'd basically add on to Fighter Pack 1, if that makes sense.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This whole "there is only one echo and it's the one we speculated to hell and back" thing is really suspicious to be. It can be true, but it feels way too convenient like everything else in the "leak".

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm pretty sure, at least in the context of the leak, it means "If you have Joker, you get X for free."

It'd basically mean "If you buy everyone but Joker, you wouldn't get it, but if you own the Fighter Pass OR buy Joker solo, you'd get her."

Yeah, but so far, echoes have been marketed almost as if they are full characters, Ken even got an introduction trailer.
It's not like it's just a skin... and even in that case, Mii costumes are sold for money... I see it hard for them to release an echo for free, especially only to people who have bought a specific character. A free update that adds an echo for everyone, maybe.

Shroob

Sup?
This whole "there is only one echo and it's the one we speculated to hell and back" thing is really suspicious to be. It can be true, but it feels way too convenient like everything else in the "leak".
The entire leak is nothing BUT sus.

"A new Fire Emblem and Gen 8 Pokemon"? Check.

Kasumi? Check.

Erdrick? Check.

It's Erdrick, 2 things people speculated on pre-Joker, and Kasumi(Jane).

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

the wording strikes me as kasumi always being internally considered as part of challenger pack 1 (hence her model being worked on directly alongside joker and according to vaanrose even being pushed to a mostly-finished state) and is just being saved for whenever atlus wants. i wouldn't be particularly surprised if, barring an english voice still to be hired, she was more or less done and just on standby.

what this would ultimately be is just them finally adding the missing piece. granted, it'd be a ****load of content for just one challenger pack, but persona 5 is also sakurai's one true love next to his cat.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
A free update that adds an echo for everyone, maybe.
well, then everyone just gets a slightly modified joker for completely free without buying challenger pack 1, so it seems unlikely.

personally, i think she'd be sold separately for a smaller price (say, $2.90) under the website's 'individual DLC' section, though that would then also allow people to get a modified joker for a cheaper price than the stage+music.

1558428804280.png

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, the leak's a "Nah" from me dawg, but I still think Jane had to have meant 'something' at one point, if we'll ever know what that is/was is another question.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
well, then everyone just gets a slightly modified joker for completely free without buying challenger pack 1, so it seems unlikely.

personally, i think she'd be sold separately for a smaller price (say, $2.90) under the website's 'individual DLC' section, though that would then also allow people to get a modified joker for a cheaper price than the stage+music.

View attachment 222804
In fact I didn't mean Kasumi, I meant an echo in general.
I can see an update that adds, for example, Black Shadow as an Echo of Cpt Falcon for everyone.

Kasumi sold separately may make sense, just not for free IMO unless each other character in the pass is also getting an echo.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Fake leaks often throw out at least one curveball, so it's interesting to see this one's playing it completely straight

And that it's going for what in many fans minds would be a 'worst case scenario' (minus Phoenix, I don't think anyone has serious beef with him being in), while many leaks come off as wish fulfillment

Not that I don't think that it's fake, mind, but this one - for a leak that's gained slightly more traction than your average text leak - is at least somewhat different in some regards

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I want the Baboom leak to be real despite it clearly being bull**** because I for one cannot wait to see the Smash fandom ****ing implode
cycle of the smash community

>erdrick
1558429301356.png

>edelgard
1558429315043.png

>wright
1558429333019.png

>kasumi

>baboom, when the despair finally kicks in and sakurai says 'that's it for our last remaining challenger pack, goodbye'
1558429393118.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You and me both, sis
It has everything that could possibly piss people off. Erdrick? "WAAAH ANIME SWORD FIGHTER WHO IS THIS?" Edelgard? "ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS? AAAAAAARGH" Pheonix Wright? "THIS ISN'T WHO I ASKED FOR! WHO EVEN LIKES PHOENIX WRIGHT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE CHARACTER I WANTED!" Kasumi echo? "MORE PERSONA 5? WE AREN'T EVEN GETTING THE GAME FOR ****S SAKE IT SHOULD BE A NINTENDO CHARACTER!" Ba-****ing-boom? "A SHILL PICK FOR GEN 8? COULDN'T WE HAVE HAD SOMETHING PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT INSTEAD OF ANOTHER POKEMON?" Phoenix is the closest to a fan favourite pick there outside Japan but people are gonna be livid if only 2 characters who people may have voted for in the ballot is all there is for the DLC

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can someone point me to this ''baboom" leak?

I want mild amusement. Provide me with mild amusement.

Shroob

Sup?
It has everything that could possibly piss people off. Erdrick? "WAAAH ANIME SWORD FIGHTER WHO IS THIS?" Edelgard? "ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS? AAAAAAARGH" Pheonix Wright? "THIS ISN'T WHO I ASKED FOR! WHO EVEN LIKES PHOENIX WRIGHT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE CHARACTER I WANTED!" Kasumi echo? "MORE PERSONA 5? WE AREN'T EVEN GETTING THE GAME FOR ****S SAKE IT SHOULD BE A NINTENDO CHARACTER!" Ba-****ing-boom? "A SHILL PICK FOR GEN 8? COULDN'T WE HAVE HAD SOMETHING PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT INSTEAD OF ANOTHER POKEMON?" Phoenix is the closest to a fan favourite pick there outside Japan but people are gonna be livid if only 2 characters who people may have voted for in the ballot is all there is for the DLC
Edlegard herself will send half the fanbase into a rage fueled coma.

At this point, the next Fire Emblem character could be a magic unicorn that ****s rainbows whose final smash is a nuclear air strike ala COD, as long as it's from "Fire Emblem", the fanbase will riot.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I want the Baboom leak to be real despite it clearly being bull**** because I for one cannot wait to see the Smash fandom ****ing implode
It'll be the reverse reaction to last year's E3

Though not sure anything could cause quite as much salt as 1 November 2018

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone see that video on that Nintendo character with no Google Search results? Cause now the guy who made the video's managed to get em up to 87,000 or so.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It'll be the reverse reaction to last year's E3

Though not sure anything could cause quite as much salt as 1 November 2018
Last year the only complaints I saw were "I wish we saw more than Smash" and "WHERE THE **** IS ANIMAL CROSSING I WILL SACRIFICE MY BABY TO BEELZEBUB FOR ANIMAL CROSSING" so probably yeah
it was floating around yesterday morning but most discussion kicked off here
Panda was so excited to kasumeme again he posted it twice

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As someone who's a big FE fan and an even bigger Pokemon fan I'd actually be totally down for Edelgard and "Bamboom".

I...I don't enjoy the flavor of salt that much though. I can only deal with it in small doses.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It'd be maintenance. The site use to lock you out with a message about it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Now it just makes me think my laptop's dying lol
that's why i've learned to treat 10am BST as real productivity hours because i know smashboards is dying

unfortunately those real productivity hours usually devolve into the collection of memes

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'd be indifferent to the Baboom leak if it turns out to be real, none of the characters interest me but I'd be at least happy that it includes some first parties (and Phoenix Wright would probably be fun by the way).

Honestly I disliked the Google leak more, with the exception of Artorias that I actually like.

Regardless, I still think that the Baboom leak is most likely fake and the Google leak is also likely fake, but a bit less obviously; so in short, I think both are probably fake but I see the Google one to be more credible, while still pretty fake.
(in the meanwhile, I searched Artorias Smash Bros Ultimate and the ad doesn't appear anymore).

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
While I do think that all of the characters on the Baboom leak are plausible, I doubt the leak itself is real.

Plus I highly doubt they'll give out an echo for free under any circumstances. Especially since they're still selling Mii costumes from Smash 4 for 75 cents a pop (iirc).

I think I might pick up ol’ Bowser as a main now.
Ayyy

Always good to see another Bowser main in the making.

Shroob

Sup?
I'd be indifferent to the Baboom leak if it turns out to be real, none of the characters interest me but I'd be at least happy that it includes some first parties (and Phoenix Wright would probably be fun by the way).

Honestly I disliked the Google leak more, with the exception of Artorias that I actually like.

Regardless, I still think that the Baboom leak is most likely fake and the Google leak is also likely fake, but a bit less obviously; so in short, I think both are probably fake but I see the Google one to be more credible, while still pretty fake.
(in the meanwhile, I searched Artorias Smash Bros Ultimate and the ad doesn't appear anymore).
Pretty sure the ads were getting too expensive for whoever was doing it to keep up. It's 22 bucks a day per ad, whoever it was was literally pumping in hundreds of dollars for a fake leak.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

This is implying that people still believe google theory and I don't like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom