• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

This could lead to some interesting conversation.
Drop Pikmin for Advance Wars.

That's honestly all I'd do. I want F-Zero back but I'd be slaughtered in here if I voted to get rid of Kirby.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
View attachment 211795
Writing a conventionally-attractive character with tantalizing features is one thing, but trying to justify why they are the way they are in-universe to censor the intention is cowardly and stupid (i.e. looking at you, Kojima...). Granted, going for raw sex appeal doesn't mean the character design can't come with the complete Rule of Cool package. 2B is an example of a character that hits both areas, and if people are into sexy character designs, who cares? Let people do what they want, as long as they aren't hurting anybody (physically or emotionally).
Hahahaha right on
Agreed

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Guys, if Mythra wasn't wearing... whatever you call that, how could she get mad at Rex for accidentally oggling her?

Everything happens for a reason folks.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Guys, if Mythra wasn't wearing... whatever you call that, how could she get mad at Rex for accidentally oggling her?

Everything happens for a reason folks.
Exactly.

Pyra’s outfit exists for the express purpose of making people try and figure out how she puts it on.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 211795
Writing a conventionally-attractive character with tantalizing features is one thing, but trying to justify why they are the way they are in-universe to censor the intention is cowardly and stupid (i.e. looking at you, Kojima...). Granted, going for raw sex appeal doesn't mean the character design can't come with the complete Rule of Cool package. 2B is an example of a character that hits both areas, and if people are into sexy character designs, who cares? Let people do what they want, as long as they aren't hurting anybody (physically or emotionally).
No one is preventing creators from designing attractive characters, there just should not be such an objetification and sexualization of them.
This is completely missing the point on purpose.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
:ultlink: "Hey! hey! Looks like I'm the new face of Nintendo"
Charles Martinet once asked Shigeru Miyamoto if he could voice Link.

Miyamoto said no, because Link isn't allowed to have a full voice.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly the only reason boobs exist in animation is so fictional women can use their creation powers easier

Pretty sure that’s the case for real life too

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So, since we’re on the subject anyway, when do y’all think IS an appropriate time for someone to show skin

I get not liking when a female character is all **** out and acting promiscuous, but I don’t get being offput merely by the sight of someone’s large chest

Meh, though then again it seems I think a bit differently than most people about this kinda thing so maybe It’s a moot point :p
I think a character design showing a bit of skin is fine.

Just as long as it's not the main focus of the character.

Fanservice is gonna exist with certain characters.

But as long as they're not created specifically for said fanservice and they still have some type of character/personality that isn't just flirtatious, then I'm OK w/ it.

Even though this is more common w/ female characters, this should also apply to male characters as well imo.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think a character design showing a bit of skin is fine .

Just as long as it's not the main focus of the character.

Fanservice is gonna exist with certain characters.

But as long as they're not created specifically for said fanservice and they still have some type of character/personality that isn't just flirtatious, then I'm OK w/ it.

Even though this is more common w/ female characters, this should also apply to male characters as well imo.
Male and female characters should both be chaste tbh
The whole world should be
Fix the overpopulation problem by making the human race extinct

(Except me)

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think you should get that checked out
Not sure what it is. Maybe I stand up awkwardly sometimes, but I randomly feel a noticeable pain around some muscle on the same leg (tibialis anterior?). It just goes away and comes back months later, so not sure.

Could be worse, but it just happens now. Maybe I quite literally carry too many things on me nowadays. Sorry if I said anything misleading.

Still hate going down stairs for this reason, though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nah, I got it. I just wanted to share some trivia when the opportunity presented itself.
Ah, gotcha, sorry...

But yeah, I heard about that. And assuming the only real times we've heard Link fully talk were with the DiC cartoon and the CD-I games... yeah, Miyamoto was right

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
There was a brief period of time before I realized I wanted to make shows for kids where I created a bunch of edgy, gritty, kinda sexual designs. For both male and female characters.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So, since we’re on the subject anyway, when do y’all think IS an appropriate time for someone to show skin

I get not liking when a female character is all **** out and acting promiscuous, but I don’t get being offput merely by the sight of someone’s large chest

Meh, though then again it seems I think a bit differently than most people about this kinda thing so maybe It’s a moot point :p
I think this is a great question.

As a straight white guy, have I found certain women in gaming attractive? Yes. Have I found some sexy, sure. Do I appreciate games where the sexualization of women is completely over the top? No, not really.

Like, take Mortal Kombat 9 for example. That game came out when I was in high school. Yes, I thought some of the characters were at the time attractive. However, at this point in my life I find the outfits in that game to be ridiculous and just...stupid. In what world does a woman fighting another person just have huge breasts that are only covered by a skimpy combat vest thing, if you can call it that.

For me, it entirely depends on context. I personally think that the United States views sexuality in an honestly weird way. A lot of things get perverted, REAL quick, make no mistake. I don’t think sexuality, or expressing someone’s sexuality in a healthy way should be frowned upon or actively looked down upon.

Men want to ****. There are times when, believe it or not, women want to ****. There’s nothing wrong with either of those things, and if a woman wants to “feel sexy” in her own way, then she should be allowed to do that without being called a ****, *****, or tramp.

I mean, if the context is a game in which the designs are solely sexualized for the fanservice then yeah, that’s kinda...weird.

Sexuality should not be stigmatized. Men nor women should be stigmatized when it comes to sex. I mean, we’re also talking about a game in which people can get cut literally in half and we can see every single major organ. To me, that’s disgusting at this age. It’s not a draw. I personally think that a disillusionment from the actual implications of violence is worse for society than sexuality is.

Granted, nothing is black and white. Young men haven’t been raised to respect women the way they should (which is why in addition to strong women as role models for girls, young men need role models that aren’t always violent and “getting the girl”), but that’s something I feel can be worked on. The more violence young people see, it seems like it’s more normalized. It just...seems like people think violence is normal.

Long story short, women and men should be able to express their sexuality as they like as long as they are in control of themselves. It’s not up to me to say what a woman should do when she wants to “feel sexy”. It’s not my business what other people do in the bedroom. Nobody should tell a man or woman they “have” to do anything they aren’t comfortable with.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
No one is preventing creators from designing attractive characters, there just should not be such an objetification and sexualization of them.
This is completely missing the point on purpose.
How fans of anything project their thoughts onto designs do not necessarily overlap with their personality. You can embrace escapism as an art form while keeping your attachment to reality. We as a race are also collectively way more complex in our interests than what's suggested at times. Ultimately, it's how you express your admiration toward something that matters, and if you go too far with that admiration. No doubt there are bad eggs out there who fall into your perception (i.e. most Spanish DBZ artists), but we can't antagonize trivial matters like that. It's how rebellions start.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
When there's lit bewb discussion but all the good points for the debate already got presented.
I think it’s hard to present my points properly on this, so I probably shouldn’t have brought it up further, but I wanted to talk about it anyway because I seem to have a drastically different viewpoint on it than most people for one reason or another.
Welp

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She thicc.

Should’ve seen that coming.

I was tagged in a spoiler thread. I did not survive.
1. Daisy always bringing the best cake
2. Some people get spoiled and we’re unable to survive...but not us (as in pretty much anyone here but you unfortunately)
Some peoples aren't humans.

They're sponges, obviously.
So I've been rewatching the MCU Movies leading up to Endgame which comes out in three days and so far I've watched Iron Man 1 and Thor.

Iron Man holds up surprisingly well and it's interesting to see Iron Man face off against a member of his company and terrorists compared to now where he's facing off againt Thanos who wiped out half of the entire universe, We've come a long way since then.

And Thor is just boring I don't really like it at all, I like the Characters of Thor and Loki but that's really all I like about it. The Story and Pacing of the Movie is quite boring in my opinion so I don't really enjoy it sure it's not terrible nor is it objectively a bad movie I just find it rather boring.
Be a real one and watch every movie...no hesitations

D

Deleted member

How fans of anything project their thoughts onto designs do not necessarily overlap with their personality. You can embrace escapism as an art form while keeping your attachment to reality. We as a race are also collectively way more complex in our interests than what's suggested at times. Ultimately, it's how you express your admiration toward something that matters, and if you go too far with that admiration. No doubt there are bad eggs out there who fall into your perception (i.e. most Spanish DBZ artists), but we can't antagonize trivial matters like that. It's how rebellions start.
D4BoenCWkAAelDC.jpeg

Really wish I didn't have to use the same reaction image in one day but I legit have no idea what this means.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm not kidding either, they put the guy on the bottom in a suit for the sequel and the SF fanbase got legit pissed they couldn't see the banana hammock in all its HD glory.

Of course Capcom just let the player do both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom