• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I just got back from pre-ordering Ultimate at GameStop. Also bought myself another DualShock 3. Get hype.

_Dice

Smash Ace
A lot of the new supers look really unimpressive. Like Vanilla has all these really awesome looking supers, huge beam supers, all kinds of flashy ****.

UMvC3 has like. I dude who breaths fire and Wario's Bike. Hawkeye shoots one arrow really hard, WHOOOOOOOOOOOO. He doesnt even yell out BRIONAAAAAAAAAAAC ARRRRRRRRRRRM when he does it. Not impressed.
Look into my eyes....

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Yeah, that was awesome. Rogue was my favorite character. When she grabbed Juggernaut's fist and threw him over the side of the dam, I was like AWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAH. I loved Jean's fight with Xavier in the finale, too.

Oh, Savon, you need to get online soon so we can fight.

EDIT: Matador makes Viewtiful Joe look like a god tier character. Holy ****.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
Transitioning from Brawl to MvC3 (Help)

I'm trying to be adequate at MvC3 but I don't even know where to begin. My friend said I had to start by learning to chain combos, but the input is a lot more demanding than brawl. I've been to many tournaments in Brawl and have learned advanced techniques, but it doesn't seem to translate when I play Marvel. Any suggestions, tips? (also, I play on xbox, on controller, not stick)

-Sorry Serris, thanks for the correction.-

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
How do you think I felt when I was losing 1-5? Level 1 X-Factor Dark Phoenix saves the day again! :troll:

Transitioning from Brawl to MvC3 (Help)

I'm trying to be adequate at MvC3 but I don't even know where to begin. My friend said I had to start by learning to chain combos, but the input is a lot more demanding than brawl. I've been to many tournaments in Brawl and have learned advanced techniques, but it doesn't seem to translate when I play Marvel. Any suggestions, tips? (also, I play on xbox, on controller, not stick)

-Sorry Serris, thanks for the correction.-
No problem. Just be sure to post topics related to Marvel and other games in the appropriate thread.

As for the transition, I know where you're coming from. I started with competitive Super Smash Bros. and eventually wound up playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes. The execution is a lot more demanding than the occasional button press. I recommend starting by reading Shoryuken's Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Hyper Guide and experimenting with Mission Mode to get a handle on things first.

You'll definitely want to drop the controller for a fight pad or a third-party controller with a better d-pad. It's a lot better for fighting games. Analog stick input is messy and can lead to a lot of dropped combos.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
So many dropped combos.

Wolverine was the only reason I won any at all, which makes me sick. He's so easy.

:phone:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You and me both. The side of my DualShock is split open, so my d-pad is a bit unresponsive sometimes. I kept doing her overhead fire kick when I meant to do TK Overdrive M, and it cost me one of the games. You have no idea how hard I was raging.

And that's not true. Your Spider-Man could have easily finished off my team... if he was ever the last one left...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You guys are welcome to come play me in MvC2 sometime... lol
If the connection's good, I'm down.

Serris and I had a good connection, except every 5 seconds, it'd pause for like...a quarter of a second.

Not much...but just enough for me to drop a combo or input the wrong hyper...

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
If the connection's good, I'm down.

Serris and I had a good connection, except every 5 seconds, it'd pause for like...a quarter of a second.

Not much...but just enough for me to drop a combo or input the wrong hyper...

9,000 HOURS IN MICROSOFT PAINT

But yeah, that screwed me over too.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Hey serris, maybe you as a Pheonix player can help me out with something.

A while back my friend and I decided we absolutely had to play pheonix(that is the good phoenix, not on point phoenix :troll:) and every now and then we'd be in a position where we'd need to counter each others supers with Phoenix rage. Only literally every time it was a buffered super(like during an opponents super) it would always come out as healing field. We could combo into it just fine but attempting a counter super literally always came out as Healing Field. Ideas?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Stop QCBing and start QCFing. :troll:

In all seriousness, you shouldn't be throwing out Healing Field unless you were crouching and then immediately went to block, THEN tried to throw out the super. The same thing happens to me whenever I try to DHC into Deadpool's Trigger Happy. Take your finger/hand off the d-pad/stick and then do the motion.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Stop QCBing and start QCFing. :troll:

In all seriousness, you shouldn't be throwing out Healing Field unless you were crouching and then immediately went to block, THEN tried to throw out the super. The same thing happens to me whenever I try to DHC into Deadpool's Trigger Happy. Take your finger/hand off the d-pad/stick and then do the motion.
But that's the thing, it even happens when im on the offensive. Like, I throw out an attack, he goes into Weskers Rhino Charge to try and counter me, I immediately cancel what im doing by imputing QCF atk+atk, and i DO super cancel, but it comes out as healing field.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
But that's the thing, it even happens when im on the offensive. Like, I throw out an attack, he goes into Weskers Rhino Charge to try and counter me, I immediately cancel what im doing by imputing QCF atk+atk, and i DO super cancel, but it comes out as healing field.
It happens to me only on some DHCs, but yeah, I've gotten random reversed inputs where they definitely shouldn't have.
There's no logical explanation for it either from what I can tell. It's happened to my friend as well and we don't have sloppy execution.

We've been able to recreate it sometimes too.

Savon

Smash Ace
I lol'd hard as hell. It is so corny. People gonna hate playing AS wolverine instead of playing AGAINST him

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N17sHfLlS4

It sounds like a different voice actor...
They could have at least let him yell out some guttural, noncommittal noise instead of saying that stupid line. As-is, it's hilariously dumb.

It happens to me only on some DHCs, but yeah, I've gotten random reversed inputs where they definitely shouldn't have.
There's no logical explanation for it either from what I can tell. It's happened to my friend as well and we don't have sloppy execution.

We've been able to recreate it sometimes too.
This is odd. I've never had this happen to me. Try QCBing, I guess?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
In MvC2 there were some supers and normal attacks that you could mash after inputting the commands for more hits or different properties on the attack. Cable's Hyper Viper Beam is an example - you could perform the super and mash punch buttons while it was going to make the beam arc up or down. These kinds of attacks were mostly absent from MvC3.

Thino

Smash Master
In MvC2 there were some supers and normal attacks that you could mash after inputting the commands for more hits or different properties on the attack. Cable's Hyper Viper Beam is an example - you could perform the super and mash punch buttons while it was going to make the beam arc up or down. These kinds of attacks were mostly absent from MvC3.
I see , I'm not familiar with MvC2 so I didnt know they existed

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Some of these balance changes are awful (Phoenix and Sent with less health). lol
I'm really surprised they buffed Dante's mobility in Devil Trigger also.

Still holding out for better Hsien-Ko buffs in the future.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Some of these balance changes are awful (Phoenix and Sent with less health). lol
I'M STILL RAGING OVER THIS! Phoenix already has the lowest health in the roster and dies in one combo from everyone. What are they trying to do, make it so Deadpool's taunt can kill her on hit confirm?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I still play Sentinel, I don't really matter, but I do play him.

Mostly for DHC glitch shenanigans, so he'll of course be getting dropped by UMvC3.

ALSO. With the nerfs to Akuma (really, only his assist needed to be fixed), I know he won't be around, and with his best bud being crippled, I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine usage dropped as well (he got nerfs too, but he sorta needed them...)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Sentinel's assist isn't that good. It takes almost a full second for the drones to come out and he can be hit out of it at any time and they won't come out, which isn't hard considering he's as tall as the screen and half as wide.

Any time you want to use Sentinel for his assist, use Akuma's Tatsu, Doom's Hidden Missiles, or someone with a beam assist instead.

Any time you want to use Sentinel for the DHC trick, use Dante, Wolverine, Amaterasu, Taskmaster, Wesker, or Zero instead.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Drones are faster now, by the way.
Yeah, that's probably the only buff Sentinel got.

So basically you're saying I should just pick better characters, right? The best of the best?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

But seriously, it all depends on what your team wants to do. If there's something that another character can do better, either with their assist, their DHCs, or on point, then you should seriously look into playing that character instead. It's the same logic behind why everyone picks Akuma over Ryu in this game.

But what if I have a thing for sadistic robots? ;-;
Then watch 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Top Bottom