• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK - Southampton Smash (melee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
In case any of you are wondering, i have moved to southampton (used to play smash in london) and i'm taking it properly back up again.

Me and bullet bill have found a few first years in the university with a lot of potential, and we are looking for any other melee players who would be interested in playing who live near the southampton area

This is more of a random wild stab in the dark to see who turns up, but atm we got a smashfest at mine every sunday, and we got the universities computer games society where we ninja a TV at the back to play melee on.

If there are enough people we can start hookin up extra tv's and whatnot, and we can organise things with the computer games socieity (not rly melee players in there, but they are supportive of organised gaming). Hopefully eventually we can go visit london occasionally and goto any tournies there.

Atm it is just a few of us, but we are playing reguarly, and if there are more people around the area (who just so happen to read this) - give me a shout on brtarolg@hotmail.com - msn only
email is brtarolg@gmail.com

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
In case any of you are wondering, i have moved to southampton (used to play smash in london) and i'm taking it properly back up again.

Me and bullet bill have found a few first years in the university with a lot of potential, and we are looking for any other melee players who would be interested in playing who live near the southampton area

This is more of a random wild stab in the dark to see who turns up, but atm we got a smashfest at mine every sunday, and we got the universities computer games society where we ninja a TV at the back to play melee on.

If there are enough people we can start hookin up extra tv's and whatnot, and we can organise things with the computer games socieity (not rly melee players in there, but they are supportive of organised gaming). Hopefully eventually we can go visit london occasionally and goto any tournies there.

Atm it is just a few of us, but we are playing reguarly, and if there are more people around the area (who just so happen to read this) - give me a shout on brtarolg@hotmail.com - msn only
email is brtarolg@gmail.com
good call vince. Now all we need to do is get these people posting on ere. And btw since you made the thread dont forget that you need to update it i.e. edited when needed. for a start you can put my email on there please. Nice thread though

lol can't believe theres a soton thread. Never thought I'd see the day

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Note: there are more videos up, about an hours worth in total

just see my channel

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Long time since we talked about this kind of thing Bullet Bill, but I could get up there if a train return isn't too much (I'm only 15 :(). Ill look into it, then you have 3 XD

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
There are about 5-6 Melee players (regular playing) in southampton atm.

We are taking a christmas break, so play will probably resume again next semester, or from the 6th of january onwards (though bear in mind thats exam time)

The three new players (sean willis and duncan) have improved significantly over the last few weeks (going from me basically 3 stocking them every single time to a near even matchup now) so the scene is really flourishing here.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Actually gonna start posting now :) I'm just too lazy to bother with forums generally. And by forums I mean most things.

I'll try and come on MSN a bit if I've got time as well Vince. Maybe we can start up some DOTA. I should also have a new controller that doesn't suck by the next term.

This is Willis btw as mentioned in your post.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yeah but we've still got some pretty decent players. I look forward to showing them off to all of you in fact :laugh:

Willis- hey. you still in Southampton? Theres a tournament on the 31st of Jan in birmingham if you're interested. The thread's - global gaming tournament 2.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
I'm not there at the moment I've literally been forced to go home for Christmas : /. But I'll be back on the 1st or 2nd depending how good new years is lol.

I had a look at the Birmingham tournament and it looked good. The only thing is if I've finished my exams or not. If they are over we can probably get Vince and Shaun to go as well. It would be great to go get my face owned so hard that it starts bleeding from the pain.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, it's Duncan (one of the other guys Vince mentioned) - I finally got around to getting an account and posting something! woo and such.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
well ty very much mr pro :chuckle:

good to see you posting on smashboards Duncan. Are you still in Southampton btw? If not when will you be back?

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Eww Leeds. Nice to see you made the effort, any chance you will have finished exams/fancy traveling to Birmingham for an awesome tourney? If so read the global gaming thread.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I'm not in Southampton atm, I'm back home in Leeds (yes, Leeds) for the holiday - I'll be back on the 3rd of January I think (the saturday in a weeks time).
I think soton's exams finish on the Friday before the tourney - if that's true then I should be up for going. Getting seriously owned by several good players does sound like fun.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'm not in Southampton atm, I'm back home in Leeds (yes, Leeds) for the holiday - I'll be back on the 3rd of January I think (the saturday in a weeks time).
I think soton's exams finish on the Friday before the tourney - if that's true then I should be up for going. Getting seriously owned by several good players does sound like fun.
You aint that bad :chuckle:. Didn't know you lived in Leeds, either that or you told me and I forgot. If you want to play smash vs someone up there then you can see if Captain smashie is about. Not sure if he'll be there during the hollidays though.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Lol I'm extremely bored at home but can't come back due my mother's uncanny ability to still control me at the age of 21 .... God I suck.

I'm coming back for New Year's Eve piss up and slagfest at my friends house and Jesters so from then on really.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Lol I'm extremely bored at home but can't come back due my mother's uncanny ability to still control me at the age of 21 .... God I suck.

I'm coming back for New Year's Eve piss up and slagfest at my friends house and Jesters so from then on really.
Sweet. Mind if I tag along btw?

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Dark Knight is the best film ever, I've now watched it about 5 times :). I'm going down to Brighton tomorrow for a couple of days and then will be coming back on the 31st.

I'm also thinking of having a Southampton tourney cos that would be just plain awesome! But not yet ... it would either have to be February (but probably not with Global Gaming 2) or at the start of the Summer. I'm pretty sure we could get some kind of uni room and get help from CGSOC (the computer games society). But yeah just a thought.

Also my computer got some ****ty malware and I've spent all day fixing it. Not happy.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Dark Knight is the best film ever, I've now watched it about 5 times :). I'm going down to Brighton tomorrow for a couple of days and then will be coming back on the 31st.

I'm also thinking of having a Southampton tourney cos that would be just plain awesome! But not yet ... it would either have to be February (but probably not with Global Gaming 2) or at the start of the Summer. I'm pretty sure we could get some kind of uni room and get help from CGSOC (the computer games society). But yeah just a thought.

Also my computer got some ****ty malware and I've spent all day fixing it. Not happy.
rly good to see you'd be interested in a tournament. We can talk about that when you get back if you like. I should like to give you some games as well though.

Can I come to this new years eve thing then? :chuckle:

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
AAAARRRRGGGG!!!! HATE MALWARE!!!!

But anyway I'm now back in Soton so someone txt me so we can have a game!!! My computer is gonna be out of commission for 3ish days so I'm bored as ****....

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
You two need to get a rooooooom. ;D
K if I can have Prof and VA too so I can watch them all fight to the death :)

OMFG I AM A GENIUS!! Just bought the internet channel for my Wii.

And lol I can't live without the internet for 3-4 days :laugh:

Typing all this with a wiimote is a bit of an effort tho.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Should of got the internet channel when it was still a free beta like I did :chuckle:
I'm also back in Soton as of last night, got a couple of bits of work I really should have done earlier in the holiday though, so I probably shouldn't spend time playing smash, though it is tempting...
I also got some ****ty malware on my computer, but everything's fine with it now :)

One more thing; Pete, try living without the internet for an entire term. We still haven't got it properly sorted in our house.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
One more thing; Pete, try living without the internet for an entire term. We still haven't got it properly sorted in our house.
I'd rather die than go back to some kind of internetless hell.

You could spend some time playing smash :) Vince is back too so yeah come over and have a game. Also do you fancy going to Global Gaming 2? If your exams are finished of course, looks pretty epic.

Also I 3 stocked Bullet Bill's falcon with my gannon so I'm officially better than him, no rematches. And zelda counters all of his characters.

Seriously though some fox v doc matches. Cheers BB!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'd rather die than go back to some kind of internetless hell.

You could spend some time playing smash :) Vince is back too so yeah come over and have a game. Also do you fancy going to Global Gaming 2? If your exams are finished of course, looks pretty epic.

Also I 3 stocked Bullet Bill's falcon with my gannon so I'm officially better than him, no rematches. And zelda counters all of his characters.

Seriously though some fox v doc matches. Cheers BB!
He's lying. Don't beleive a word of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom