• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Crew for SNY!

COEY

Smash Lord
i'm gonna sleep haning from the rafter like a bat :)

fair enough i suppose, i see you point. i'm just a lil bit dissapointed. i was set to come to gt3, but i got promoted and couldnt exactly ask for my first real couple of days in the new job off work. just feels like ive lost out because i did well in real life :/

are you just doing 2 teams of 7 or of 10?

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
I don't think you should add a sheik for the sake of adding a sheik. Just make sure you have the best players you can.
i think this is important.

i have no real grounds for saying this but from seeing alex play a few weeks ago alex's sheik > jo3's
though jo3 should obv be on the A team for the experience he has.

Kone

Smash Master
i'm gonna sleep haning from the rafter like a bat :)

fair enough i suppose, i see you point. i'm just a lil bit dissapointed. i was set to come to gt3, but i got promoted and couldnt exactly ask for my first real couple of days in the new job off work. just feels like ive lost out because i did well in real life :/

are you just doing 2 teams of 7 or of 10?
Two squads of ten. That way as many people as possible feel involved. Also, I emphasise with the real life getting in the way. My last year or so hasn't exactly led to much smash involvement either with being my first year teaching. For us older lot it is the way it goes I am afraid. We just got to prove a point when we get the chance :chuckle:

i think this is important.

i have no real grounds for saying this but from seeing alex play a few weeks ago alex's sheik > jo3's
though jo3 should obv be on the A team for the experience he has.
What has been said is that Jo3 will make the A team on the merits of hox fox and overall tournament experience. He also nicely comes as a utility player that could go sheik/marth/falcon/falco if needed (but very unlikely). He isn't getting the nod based on his sheik.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yo, Just to let people know I will be coming to SNY. I'm now going to Ibiza the following week from the event =)
Now to just book the time off work/book and then I'm sorted!

J03

Smash Master
nice!

get it sorted before the 25th mate

also if you want to come to mine and travel with us thats cool, if not get booked!

my new 7/10

Fuzzy
Pro
Edwin
AmcD
Jo3
Mike
Tamoo

if think this is pretty much going to be our starting 7

Alpha Dash
J3ly/Coey/Gantz

i really think Dash has done enough to make the 10, hes really consistant and thats exactly what we need in crews.

Kone

Smash Master
nice!

get it sorted before the 25th mate

also if you want to come to mine and travel with us thats cool, if not get booked!

my new 7/10

Fuzzy
Pro
Edwin
AmcD
Jo3
Mike
Tamoo

if think this is pretty much going to be our starting 7

Alpha Dash
J3ly/Coey/Gantz

i really think Dash has done enough to make the 10, hes really consistant and thats exactly what we need in crews.
I think the starting seven are pretty much set in stone now. Tam as starter.

As team manager, lol, I am delighted Alan is coming. He is a definete cornerstone of the seven ^_^

COEY

Smash Lord
Two squads of ten. That way as many people as possible feel involved. Also, I emphasise with the real life getting in the way. My last year or so hasn't exactly led to much smash involvement either with being my first year teaching. For us older lot it is the way it goes I am afraid. We just got to prove a point when we get the chance :chuckle:

yea cool, i understand if im left out of the a team, tho it does seem silly if alan and joe are definites, because between me, joe, and alan there really is very little difference, we're all at a pretty similar level.

if i can't tho i wanna captain the b team :)

Kone

Smash Master

yea cool, i understand if im left out of the a team, tho it does seem silly if alan and joe are definites, because between me, joe, and alan there really is very little difference, we're all at a pretty similar level.

if i can't tho i wanna captain the b team :)
Okay, so we have myself as general team manager of UK, charles as 'A' captain and Will as 'B'. I was going to suggest that to you anyway Will (if you dont slip into A).

Kone

Smash Master
I really don't see the point of playing one another nor what it proves. Crews, like singles, is how good you are at outplaying a range of opponents, your mentality and consistency. Not whether you can beat gantz 1 v 1.

Will needs some heavy backing of someone none NW to push him into the A team. I am not saying this as I believe Will shouldn't be in. Clearly me and Will are friends, crewmates and long term rivals (im still gutted william beat me at tnj lol). Just needs a none biased opinion ;)

COEY

Smash Lord
bring 'em on! :D

ima go all ****, my luigi is so ****** if he was raoul moat he'd of been the one hunting the cops across northumberland!

too soon?

COEY

Smash Lord
I really don't see the point of playing one another nor what it proves. Crews, like singles, is how good you are at outplaying a range of opponents, your mentality and consistency. Not whether you can beat gantz 1 v 1.

Will needs some heavy backing of someone none NW to push him into the A team. I am not saying this as I believe Will shouldn't be in. Clearly me and Will are friends, crewmates and long term rivals (im still gutted william beat me at tnj lol). Just needs a none biased opinion ;)
i've had good success in crews as of late tho tbh. the last 2 crew matches we've had up here weren't that long ago, including one where i took 3 of joes stock and then all 4 of ants :)

and i think i proved i can beat a whole range of opponents when i won that single elim bracket to make the last bracket place at shs1, beating ben, ryan, craigg, oh and i've had close sets with wes and i beat jam :)

also out of everyone in the nw right now i've had the most bracket finishes, and the most top 5 placements, and pretty much i always finish one place ahead of joe :)

but these are just meaningless stats, i just like throwing them around ;)

J03

Smash Master
i've had good success in crews as of late tho tbh. the last 2 crew matches we've had up here weren't that long ago, including one where i took 3 of joes stock and then all 4 of ants :)

and i think i proved i can beat a whole range of opponents when i won that single elim bracket to make the last bracket place at shs1, beating ben, ryan, craigg, oh and i've had close sets with wes and i beat jam :)
^ its for this reason i think coey should make the 10, imo coey > gantz but coey definitely needs to prove his worth. I'm hosting a fest on the 30th and if he comes then some others may back him up. If more support is necessary then he could play gantz and j3ly for the spots.

Although i personally believe coey to be the 8th man of our line up i still maintain that a.dash should make be the no:8 no matter what, IC's are too flexible deadly when used right.

So i think it comes down to which 2 are more useful. Gantz, Coey or J3ly. I can only speak my 2 cents but i believe coey and j3ly would add the most options, as i see gantz as i general all rounder. But then it comes down to what we need more, another general player or 2 specific players. My personal reasoning is the top 7 are all well rounded players, so the 3 subs should be there for specific options. That said its not an easy call as any combo of those 3 will benefit our side.

Also what's the deal with Beast? VA says Beast to be...well a beast, but we need to see him in action to know if he could even threaten any of the top 10.

Also, no offence to Charles i don't think hes the best choice for team manager, id do it but im sure pro may be better. However i think between me, pro, alan and mike we could make very sound decisions.

Kone

Smash Master
Im team manager ^_^ we then need a captain for A and B. Think football like. Manager is there to oversee and captain to pitch in.

COEY

Smash Lord
well if you wont let me be in team a then i'm your man to captain team b :)

edit: your a complete arse :p you got me all worried then like i wouldnt be able to look you in the eyes again style...

just convincing cause your from up that way an all.

nice one tho ;)

Kone

Smash Master
well if you wont let me be in team a then i'm your man to captain team b :)

edit: your a complete arse :p you got me all worried then like i wouldnt be able to look you in the eyes again style...

just convincing cause your from up that way an all.

nice one tho ;)
Aye, I played on the northern roots good and proper ;). Don't worry William Ill still share some beers with you at SNY.

ps ill break anyones legs that take my beer from the kitchen fridge. I ****ing hate warm beer.

COEY

Smash Lord
i'm gonna have to take them out the fridge now mate i'm afraid. that's what you get when you kid a kidder ;)

J03

Smash Master
im going to fight for coey to get first team. Obv hes a mate but i truly believe that his skill merits him a place in the top 10 due to beating Jam, now Jam is still a top 10 player no matter what anyone says, hes the type of guy who always gets top 5 even at SHS.

That said he still needs to prove that and come the 30th he gets his first chance, like tryouts lol. Then if that goes well and IF he turns a few heads its more people to support him, if the support is enough then it might be enough to get a nod for team A, if not then someone else gets the nod ahead of him and no harm done.

COEY

Smash Lord
im going to fight for coey to get first team. Obv hes a mate but i truly believe that his skill merits him a place in the top 10 due to beating Jam, now Jam is still a top 10 player no matter what anyone says, hes the type of guy who always gets top 5 even at SHS.

That said he still needs to prove that and come the 30th he gets his first chance, like tryouts lol. Then if that goes well and IF he turns a few heads its more people to support him, if the support is enough then it might be enough to get a nod for team A, if not then someone else gets the nod ahead of him and no harm done.
cheers mate, but it's right if i don't get the place. i'd most likely not feature too much if i was to make the cut. i suppose that'd be the up side of the b team. i just wish the b team was a lil bit stronger. not saying the teams not good, only it's that experience a few of them are lacking which some of the really good players in europe will take advantage of. no ones fault tho, its part of learning.

J03

Smash Master
its true that alpha dash is most likely to get the nod ahead of someone as he adds something very difficult to play against under pressure, he's like a substitute if mikes Ganon has already been used and we need a difficult player. The least likely to make the cut is Gantz imo, i cant see any situation where he would be a stronger pick then at least 5 other people in the team in any situation, that means hes only likely to get the call if all other 5 have been put out, which is an unlikely situation

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
ive not really proven myself at all for a shot on that A team. We shall see post tournament currently i blame my mental game.
it would be loads of fun to be on that B team though.

£1 for loads of beers sounds like a plan. we can buy personal stuff on top of that as well.

i just wish the b team was a lil bit stronger
well we would be playing the dutch team first so im not even sure the A team would win, so who cares about the strength as long as we don't get one character victoried.

Kone

Smash Master
Just want to make sure people chill out in the evenings and have a drink. More we plan to buy in beer the better lol.

COEY

Smash Lord
well we would be playing the dutch team first so im not even sure the A team would win, so who cares about the strength as long as we don't get one character victoried.
national pride dude! plus being rolled over in crews is hardly good for your confidence when youve not much experience. believe me.

i will buy a crate myself to share :)

Kone

Smash Master
Basically, i think my point is, everyone make sure they buy drink. I am going to make sure that tournament stuff finishes by 9pm. There are various lounges we can chill at and drink in. Dont want to host this thing and not get the fun stuff aswell. If i aint hungover in the morning and puking in my cap i aint happy (with joe moping it up X_X).

j3ly

Smash Champion
Not being in the starting 7 but making the backup is alright... but im hopeful/sure when i get subbed on ill remain for the rest of the matches

seeing as kone elected himself the leader and nobody complained - whats the deal am i in this starting 7 **** or a sub?

i guarentee to take more stocks than gantz and dash. but i can see how having dash in the team is an attractive option. however when playing a character that i can space with and who cannot be easily CG'd (mario) the IC's short commings become more obvious - can we really rely on europeans aimlessly charging double shields like deathgazer do?? haha

i cant speak for co3y, but im sure luigi gets ***** harder than mario. he cant DI too well because he dies off the top so easily and is **** easy to egdeguard even with all 4 of his options available. its tougher to edgeguard nd kill mario cos when he arrives at the stage he is still at the top of the screen with 5 mixups left and has similar same di to marth

check the sny train booking thread for £5 travel /w smash on the train!!

kone tesco can put £5 towards to beer pot

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't really think there's a STARTING 7 so to speak.

I think basically there are 10 people in the crew and only 7 get to play each crew battle...which basically means you could potentially get played if you counter whoever is currently on.

j3ly

Smash Champion
crabman should be in team B. i havent seen any lists but imo team B should be about improving and rewarding people who have potential and are committed, seeing as they have no chance of winning. tc would be good, deathgazer is a definite. from watching kone play and pms play, sean has imo the better and faster samus. the man can bounce 3 bombs off a shield, wtf is that.

i have seen his potential, unreal is a good option for team B. better than beast for sure. unreal is one of few i would hate to encounter in brackets, the guy just needs some nurturing. want the uk to be a better country all around? give an incentive and reward to commitment - unreal and crabman have both proved this. unreal mains both spacies too so he can adapt

j3ly

Smash Champion

I think basically there are 10 people in the crew and only 7 get to play each crew battle...which basically means you could potentially get played if you counter whoever is currently on.
it is my opinion that playing to counter is a bad idea.. but watever init

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
crabman should be in team B. i havent seen any lists but imo team B should be about improving and rewarding people who have potential and are committed, seeing as they have no chance of winning. tc would be good, deathgazer is a definite. from watching kone play and pms play, sean has imo the better and faster samus. the man can bounce 3 bombs off a shield, wtf is that.

i have seen his potential, unreal is a good option for team B. better than beast for sure. unreal is one of few i would hate to encounter in brackets, the guy just needs some nurturing. want the uk to be a better country all around? give an incentive and reward to commitment - unreal and crabman have both proved this. unreal mains both spacies too so he can adapt
The Lust is going in Team B......no way some of the people in general that I have seen been put on the list go on there and The Lust does not.
Deathgazer should go on there.

Tbh im not toooo sure about Unreal, I think 10 Team B potential peolpe could be better then him but I dunno....it would help with seeing the 10 list in the pasts which showed the potentials and I can't be bothered to click back and find it lol

Kone

Smash Master
Not being in the starting 7 but making the backup is alright... but im hopeful/sure when i get subbed on ill remain for the rest of the matches

seeing as kone elected himself the leader and nobody complained - whats the deal am i in this starting 7 **** or a sub?

i guarentee to take more stocks than gantz and dash. but i can see how having dash in the team is an attractive option. however when playing a character that i can space with and who cannot be easily CG'd (mario) the IC's short commings become more obvious - can we really rely on europeans aimlessly charging double shields like deathgazer do?? haha

i cant speak for co3y, but im sure luigi gets ***** harder than mario. he cant DI too well because he dies off the top so easily and is **** easy to egdeguard even with all 4 of his options available. its tougher to edgeguard nd kill mario cos when he arrives at the stage he is still at the top of the screen with 5 mixups left and has similar same di to marth

check the sny train booking thread for £5 travel /w smash on the train!!

kone tesco can put £5 towards to beer pot

1. Elected and no one complained as ive been around since '02 and know my ****. Just been less active in the last year :)

2. Good on the beer ;)

3. You are in the squad of ten. Before each crew match we will discuss, generally, as a squad who should be the starting seven. AD/Gantz/you atm are looking like the 7th-10th spots in the squad i.e most likely to be used to coutner specific opponents. However, that could change (esp, as you say, you ***** hard one match).

As prof said ^

I understand that the 'B' team is about rewarding and allowing future 'starts' lol a chance to get experience. However, it still needs some experience in there which is where me, Ben and Coey into play. Also, you can **** off about PMS being in over me lol. That was my first tournament ever with samus (I placed 9th) having only played around 3 people on two separate occasions over 9 months with Samus. I also beat Edwin's fox in pools. I am pretty confident, looking at the bracket, that I could've placed 5th if I had stuck Peach but am wanting the practice with samus as I see potential there (more so than my peach).

Regardless of PMS potentially having a better samus (by your judgement) I have placed top ten at every tournament I have been to except one. Pretty sure PMS doesnt get through pools? that shows you have the experience, versatility and mindset to compete against a range of opponents in tournament settings.

Crabman and Unreal aren't better than LJ and Yeniths. Imo they get the nod over them.

Not to be mean but we shouldn't be putting players that can't make it through pools or aren't consistent placers in the B squad. The B squad is pretty much those that get 9th/13th at tournament frequently.

The Lust is going in Team B......no way some of the people in general that I have seen been put on the list go on there and The Lust does not.
Deathgazer should go on there.

Tbh im not toooo sure about Unreal, I think 10 Team B potential peolpe could be better then him but I dunno....it would help with seeing the 10 list in the pasts which showed the potentials and I can't be bothered to click back and find it lol

I agree about Rick and posted it on the previous page I think. He should be Team Bs falcon. Deathgazer is a sure thing.

Coey
Kone
Bullet Bill
Yeniths
LJ
Jolteon
The Lust
Deathgazer

^ I reckon they are solid for 8/10 for the B squad. Other two spaces up for grabs.

Top Bottom