• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK and EURO Tournament 4 - Details on page 1-

DN Reno

Smash Journeyman
Like I said: you try making one. But you make me look bad and we are going with the profiles I made.
We just said that making one about yourself is lame... So I won't be making one, thanks anyway.

Why not get ToS and Derv to make one for you after your match? It might be a bit more accurate. They are both friendly enough, I’m sure they will make a more honest one.

Asht

Smash Apprentice
Agreed... Shouldn't you let someone else profile you? It makes you seem erroneously full of yourself…

Init lol... but from what I've read from him posts and that I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually full of himself.

derv

Smash Apprentice
Btw the growl thing was supposed to be based on that saying *a dog's bark is worse that it's bite". It's not about size :lick:.
i know what i meant, it just came out wrong.

what i meant:
my bark is of appropriate proportion to my bite

but yeah i understand what you where going for

Mizar

Smash Ace
We just said that making one about yourself is lame... So I won't be making one, thanks anyway.

Why not get ToS and Derv to make one for you after your match? It might be a bit more accurate. They are both friendly enough, I’m sure they will make a more honest one.
Hahah~

Seconded

EDIT* I AM surprised you made it this far DM. Props to you.
But I've had quite alot of friendlies with ToS, and a couple with you in which we both used random chars (right?).
To be honest, from what I've seen, you're no way near ToS' lvl.
I'm trying to make myself look cool or anything, cuz I know I'm not a very good player yet.
But seriously, don't say stuff like that about yourself.

L3thal

Smash Rookie
I haven't used Ness at all in Brawl but i still bet i could beat you in a mirror......

Then i can write your profile, and dont worry I'll make it honest ;)

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
well i should be on then, im gonna be on for the rest of the night to hopefully ToS and DM will be on tonight
Sorry I'm quitting Brawl at late nights, it addicts me too much at that time I don't get enough sleep.

I'm free from work tommorrow so how bout between 12-9pm?

derv

Smash Apprentice
ok, due to us 3 not being able to connect for some reason, ToS decided to drop out.
so in the end it was a 1vs1 vs me and DM
we played 4 matches, i won 3-1, the games where pretty close
good games DM, still...would of been nice to play ToS too :/

Asht

Smash Apprentice
Ah congrats Derv, I'm happy YOU won. Sounds like it was quite a comfortable win aswell ;). Shame about ToS though.

DN Reno

Smash Journeyman
Yeah congrats Derv! I knew it was going to be either you or ToS. Without ToS I'm sure you had an easy time :)

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Yeah congrats Derv! I knew it was going to be either you or ToS. Without ToS I'm sure you had an easy time :)
Will you people stop treating me as a pushover :embarrass? I almost had him in the 2nd and 4th match.

Besides at least I came 2nd overall in the LB and that is something you guys can't argue about.

DN Reno

Smash Journeyman
Will you people stop treating me as a pushover :embarrass? I almost had him in the 2nd and 4th match.

Besides at least I came 2nd overall in the LB and that is something you guys can't argue about.
Well, if you look at it the way it actually happened:

You were knocked out first round of the main bracket by Mcmuff1nman. Your first game and a loss. Nothing “brag worthy” there.

Next you somehow managed a win in the losers bracket against Hatman. My guess is he was having a bad day...

Then we have your glorious victory over SheikahKing. Oh wait... He dropped out. So you actually only won 1 game in the losers bracket.

If that makes you place "2nd" then it would be joint 2nd with Stratele, Sheik and myself who all won a single game.

That of course only works if for some reason your not including ToS who won 2 games in a row. So technically he would be second (likely first if he hadn't dropped out).

When you look at it that way, I can’t see what you’re bragging about…

3-1 is nearly a complete whitewash, you do seem to have gained a reputation as a pushover...
Agreed.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
you do seem to have gained a reputation as a pushover...
100% lies, I only got knocked out in the first round in the main part of tourney 4. Besides this was only my 2nd tourney so you can't say that yet.

Well, if you look at it the way it actually happened:

You were knocked out first round of the main bracket by Mcmuff1nman. Your first game and a loss. Nothing “brag worthy” there.

Next you somehow managed a win in the losers bracket against Hatman. My guess is he was having a bad day...

Then we have your glorious victory over SheikahKing. Oh wait... He dropped out. So you actually only won 1 game in the losers bracket.

If that makes you place "2nd" then it would be joint 2nd with Stratele, Sheik and myself who all won a single game.

That of course only works if for some reason your not including ToS who won 2 games in a row. So technically he would be second (likely first if he hadn't dropped out).

When you look at it that way, I can’t see what you’re bragging about…

Agreed.
Sorry to say this but I stand by what I said:
It's all about how far you get in a tourney, wins or forfits. I'm still offically 2nd and that is something that can't be taken away.

L3thal

Smash Rookie
People who get numerous byes dont get as much respect as people who fought opponent after opponent to progress.

Stop acting so full of yourself, its not doing you any favours.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
People who get numerous byes dont get as much respect as people who fought opponent after opponent to progress.

Stop acting so full of yourself, its not doing you any favours.
Ok then, so instead of being "Dude there's no way you will ever win a tourney nor at least make it past the first round" how bout you guys be "Dude keep trying and practicing and then one day you can win a tourney, it is possible".

The latter will really give me confidence -_-.
Atm you guys are giving me a "You suck" and "You are not worthy of being in tournies" type of rants.

DN Reno

Smash Journeyman
It's all about how far you get in a tourney, wins or forfits.
Interesting. So basically you’re agreeing with L3thal and I. The fact that you lost first round of the main bracket proves that you’re not only a pushover, you’re also a hypocrite. You’re bragging about a second place in the "losers" bracket while you were easily beaten round one of the main bracket.

When you make it far enough in the actual bracket of a tournament people may stop thinking of you as a fill in with no chance of winning.

Until then, anything you say in your defence is useless. We have the facts and they point towards the same conclusion. "Da Man" has no:

Talent

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Until then, anything you say in your defence is useless. We have the facts and they point towards the same conclusion. "Da Man" has no:

Talent
Boy you hit it low big time by saying that Reno, hopefully the other will agree with me that you went too far by saying that.

You have no respect for average players it seems.

DN Reno

Smash Journeyman
Boy you hit it low big time by saying that Reno, hopefully the other will agree with me that you went too far by saying that.

You have no respect for average players it seems.
I have a lot of respect for average players. I am one myself.

I do not however have respect for players who try to make themselves look better by bragging about their every action while belittling their opponents.

When you learn to humble yourself I will think of you in a better light as will the others I’m sure.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I do not however have respect for players who try to make themselves look better by bragging about their every action while belittling their opponents.
EVERY action? It's not like i made about 10 posts saying I beat Hatman when I beaten him that day.

And i seen loads of people in just about every site i go to make themselfs look better by bragging.

Asht

Smash Apprentice
Da Man it's obvious numerous people have something against you and also obviously it wouldn't be for no reason.. You really do only have to look at your previous posts and what impression you give off. I seemed to get the impression of arrogance and impatientness from yourself. On this page you don't seem to be so bad but w.e. If you want people to stop treating u like **** then don't go around bigging yourself up and rushing people around thinking your the boss by being rude. Truth tbh a lot of people dont just become prejudice for no reason what so ever..

DN Reno

Smash Journeyman
And i seen loads of people in just about every site i go to make themselfs look better by bragging.
Do you personally think those people are cool because they do that? Does that make it seem ok for you to do it yourself? Look at ToS, we all know he has skill not because of his words, because of his game.

All I'm trying to explain to you is if you joined a tournament and talked about something other than yourself, people might not think so low of you.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Sigh......you know what i'm gonna do now guys? I am going to ignore everything that's been said on the last 2 pages and just focus on what lies ahead (eg the 2 tournies).

I need to get these insults and other cr*p out of my head, especially what Reno said, before i have my round one match with Mizar so I don't lose focus.

If you got other things to say to me, insults or not, then I suggest you keep it in your mouths.

Mizar

Smash Ace
Sigh......you know what i'm gonna do now guys? I am going to ignore everything that's been said on the last 2 pages and just focus on what lies ahead (eg the 2 tournies).

I need to get these insults and other cr*p out of my head, especially what Reno said, before i have my round one match with Mizar so I don't lose focus.

If you got other things to say to me, insults or not, then I suggest you keep it in your mouths.
Did someone say my name ? :psycho:

Anyway, I hope you stay focused. We're not going to have our match if you're not.
Too bad ToS quit the tourney, but I understand. Grats btw Derv

stratele

Smash Apprentice
Well done derv :)

Tos quit the tourney? Aww man i was the one he beat in the semi's maybe i should of gone to the final? :laugh:

Top Bottom