• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
If I come, I can bring the following:

TV
Cube + Melee
N64 Setup w/ 4 Controllers
VCR

Pick 3.

Or run out when I arrive and help me lug it all in.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Uhm, no, let's not record again just yet. We don't need videos every single weekend, do we?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I beat Isai in a match once about a year ago. I was Falcon, he was Link. Hooray!

slomo431

Smash Ace
I don't really know how to play it anymore. I just run around with Pikachu smashing and thundering all about.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
i think i may show to this one after the illini wisconsin game, it all depends if im capable or not ;)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Durand--it would be nice if you could always bring your cube anyway so I don't have quite so much stuff to lug around. I bring my TV every weekend, after all. Is that alright?

Henrik--are you late again, which means that I'm getting Jon? And don't worry about the VCR.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry I'm gonna be late again. I'm going to the Wisconsin game too. Next week I can go get him though.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Hey guys sorry I couldn't make it out. Things were a little crazy after the game. Anybody interested in smash sometime during the week? I need my weekly fix. Don't worry, this time work won't interfere.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeahhhh soooo

who is driving to eastern for the twentieth!?

also i need weekday smash as well this week because im going home this weekend

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Hi, I just discovered this Smash community at UIUC. I live at Townsend 134, and am looking to improve my game by playing people better than myself. I may be knocking on some doors in ISR based on what's been posted in this thread.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I just discovered this Smash community at UIUC. I live at Townsend 134, and am looking to improve my game by playing people better than myself. I may be knocking on some doors in ISR based on what's been posted in this thread.
Hey, I live in Townsend 308. I leave my door open when I'm in so just stop by if you want to smash. I should be free for a few hours before the bears game.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Sounds like this week's tournament is up for grabs...

And I'm free Thurs after 3.

And tell Matt to come to the Act Sci barcrawl.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I would only be available on Thursday around 7:30. Wed or Fri at 1:30 or Tue at 2:30 would also work.

Ouendanation: We plan smashfests at the Weston lounge every Saturday at 1. Drop by if you like.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure If I'm gonna be attending this saturday either. There's a big fighting game tournament in Siebel this saturday, but I don't know if smash will be played.

slomo431

Smash Ace
There's finally no football game to go to on Saturday and everyone's not gonna be there? We need weekday smash.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Uhhhh... sorry Henrik and Eric, but I think I might skip on Saturday also. It's more fun with everybody there, you know?

I wish I could start earlier on Thursday, but I have a class until 7. Grad school is like that. If that time is alright with everyone, let's do it.

brickman

Smash Lord
Calling it off for this week then!

O well, I guess I can get some playing in maybe some time next week, or just the 19th and the 20th.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
no smash on sat!? 0.o :(

anyone want to meet up on sat anyways to play?

anyday after tues will probably work fine
also how are we doing the trip on the 20th alongside trossman's question

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Can one of our friends at Allen see if the room is available Thursday night? Otherwise we may want to stick with Weston. And Henrik, are you coming? Can you get Jon?

I don't know about "canceling" Saturday. I mean, whoever wants to show up and play can do so as long as someone brings a cube. The only thing is that most of our best players and our absolute worst player (me) won't be present.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Lies. I've only beaten you in like one tourney set ever, Andy. I won't let you take my title of worst. And yeah I'll get Jon.

I'm starting to want to go on the 20th now, but I think I have to drive a friend to the airport before 6 am the next day, and depending on when that tournament ends that could be evil. Plus I have to think about the Michigan game that day. It's all up in the air at this point.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Lies. I've only beaten you in like one tourney set ever, Andy. I won't let you take my title of worst. And yeah I'll get Jon.
Once again I'll say that I'm probably not coming this Saturday, but I'll try and keep you posted Henrik

I'm starting to want to go on the 20th now, but I think I have to drive a friend to the airport before 6 am the next day, and depending on when that tournament ends that could be evil. Plus I have to think about the Michigan game that day. It's all up in the air at this point.
Worst case scenario you forget to drive your friend, no big deal right?

And is anybody playing today? Maybe at Eric and Dave's place?

slomo431

Smash Ace
Actually we were referring to picking you up on Thursday if you're coming.

Top Bottom